January 18, 2018, 01:53:42 AM

Author Topic: Terrible Lag  (Read 2337 times)

fabiorizzo

• View Profile
Terrible Lag
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
Hello guys,

I kingdom has 33 gnomes and after the last patch, i cant play well, because the huge lag!

My pc contantly stay at 10% cpu and around 700MB memory.

Anybody?

Thanks

Reysuke

• View Profile
Re: Terrible Lag
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »
Can you share your save?
So we can see if the save is causing the lag or something else

Tindlevolanck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:57:32 AM »
I only have 25 gnomes in summer of year 3, and the game crashed last night due to massive lag. I could be the 8500+ raw marble, and making a new stockpile , but other things are looking wierd.

I noticed that my gnomes are trying to stock a piece of armor while it is worn by a soldier. And they can't bring back the marble blocks that have been used to build something, and has been deconstructed. I have no blocks in the warehouse, and are missing some for construction, and they still will not touch them (and the "clean floor" command does nothing).

EDIT: Tried taking all armor and weapons from soldies, and reequiping them a day later - no change. Made the game crash again 2 hours after giving soldiers their armor and weapons back. Some bug must be hiding in my savegame... I'm starting all over again now, I have no patience for trying to figure out what happened to the savegame. I haven't had any problems like this before the latest patch, and I have 600+ hours in the game. Previous lag problems have always come from over ambition and trying to collect 6000+ raw stone in piles on the other side of the map 6 levels up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:39:21 AM by Tindlevolanck »

fabiorizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:53:06 AM »
Can you share your save?

Sure. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0ls92vsyyxslsp/world05.sav

Reysuke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »
Can you share your save?

Thanks
Played your save a bit.
At first everything was fine but then i got some lag spikes .... no huge problem but still annoying.
The most lags causing your gnomes who are searching for hauling jobs imo.
Running your safe atm for 2 hours and everything is fine after all.
How good is your Pc?
Because if many gnomes are searching for hauling jobs/hauling the game get some spikes but nothing game breaking.
im still at my uni and will keep your safe running while my prof is teaching so if something happens i will edit this post ^^

PS: Srry for my bad english ;)

whitknight26

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 07:01:22 AM »
see if putting a set of stairs closer to the piles and the intended area helps at all..in the past...they would try to path through the floor..and couldn't obviously and then re-route.

fabiorizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
Can you share your save?

Thanks
Played your save a bit.
At first everything was fine but then i got some lag spikes .... no huge problem but still annoying.
The most lags causing your gnomes who are searching for hauling jobs imo.
Running your safe atm for 2 hours and everything is fine after all.
How good is your Pc?
Because if many gnomes are searching for hauling jobs/hauling the game get some spikes but nothing game breaking.
im still at my uni and will keep your safe running while my prof is teaching so if something happens i will edit this post ^^

PS: Srry for my bad english ;)

Hi m8,

I have i7, 16GB, GTX760 and SSD Game Pro.

In my case, i can't play, because the lag take down too hard. To play, i need to pause the game, and even to pause, i need to frenetict click on pause button :D

BTW: i'm not english speaker too, so, dont worrie!

Thanks

Reysuke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:31 PM »
i have no idea srry,
game is working fine and rarely a small lag appears but only if the most of your gnomes are hauling.

MegaHamster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 03:16:02 AM »
I get huge amounts of lag too. Previously I've played games for 20-30 years with no issues on large maps.

Now, starting a game on even a tiny map causes huge amounts of lag. The frame rate starts off normally and slowly gets worse and worse until it's unplayable. I've tried reinstalling, starting new games, everything. The game in its current state is unplayable.

Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »
Moved to Support forum.
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specified as such.