August 27, 2014, 05:50:31 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.9 release  (Read 8004 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.9.9 release
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »
And we're back!  I want to say thanks to everyone for being patient over the break.  Everyone has been so supportive and understanding.  You guys are awesome!

With this patch, I decided to add in a couple unrelated changes that have been requested for a while.  Hopefully this update removes most of the tedious micromanagement associated with building large multi-level structures.  Not only are walls and stairs more automated but scaffolding should go a long way to help get to hard to reach areas and are easily taken down.  Shifts were added to all military stations to remove having to manually rotate squads between guarding and training.  You can also give your guards a free shift, which should help them sync sleep schedules.

Also, most people realize this but just in case I wanted to make a point that the next version will be 0.9.10 and NOT 1.0 :)

General
  • Building changes to reduce micromanagement when planning out large constructions
    • Build Wall and Build Stairs Up will now first build a floor if one doesn't exist.  ie You can queue a wall, then move up 1 level of depth and queue a wall above the previous one.  Your gnomes will first build floors over the lower wall before building the second level without requiring you queue any additional jobs.
    • Added scaffolding - Scaffolding works similar to stairs except they can be stacked directly on top of each other.  When deconstructing, all scaffolding above the one being deconstructed will also deconstruct.
  • Added shifts to Guard Area, Patrol Route and Training Grounds.  The same Squad can be assigned to all shifts or each shift can be assigned a different Squad.  Shifts can help sync your Squads sleep schedule or to rotate Squads between guarding and training.
  • Added option to turn off Goblin Tunnelers in advanced settings
  • Replaced goblin tunnel sprite
  • Goblin raiders will now attempt to continue stealing items until satisfied.  The amount that they steal goes up with the raids attack strength
  • Goblin raiders have a chance to not trigger self-powered traps. Other goblins trigger traps as usual and raiders still engage pressure plates normally
  • Reduced the number of new friendly Kingdoms that are generated as Kingdom Worth rises

Fixed
  • Goblins spawning in Peaceful mode
  • Goblin attack strength being determined when they arrive (It's now determined when they leave)
  • Cancel Job and Deconstruct selection moving after clicking

Reysuke

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.9 release
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
Welcome Back!
Nice Update :)

Equinox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
Sweet! Downloading now.

Huh, well upon loading it up I seem to get a crash every time at the menu, not sure why.

Note; I played about a day or two ago, everything was fine.

Upon trying several more times it has finally worked.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:21:25 AM by Equinox »

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:13:21 AM »
Glad you're back, and with some amazing stuff in this patch. These features easing construction are most welcome! :D

Cheers

Dodging Rain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »
Now to use the scaffolds to build a giant crib model for the baby.

Stickle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
Welcome back, and these are awesome changes!

Now all I need is time to play... Can you release a patch for that, too? ;)

Kythandra

• Building Something
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »
Welcome back!

Scaffolding and autoflooring, loving you already!. Guard shifts! amazing! Thank you a real lot.

Have Fun

Aavak

• View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »
This patch looks fantastic! You have no idea how important the reduction in micro will be to Castlegoat.

And the scaffolding, ooooh the scaffolding! <3

Last, but not least by any means, I hope you and your family are doing great :D

re1wind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »
Nice! I wasn't expecting the scaffolding, but it'll make construction significantly simpler. :D

zenchronus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your break and the family is doing okay. :)

Tregan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
Great update!  Thanks for such a great game.

Possible unintended behavior though:
My soldiers have been very dedicated to training post patch.  So dedicated that they are passing out with exhaustion on the training grounds.  One gnome even died of thirst.  Please fix.

Lanciens

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »
Hope it goes well with the baby and happy that you come back :D
And really nice patch especially with the scaffolding. I was waiting for them ;)

Raneck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
Great patch!

Unfortunately, the training ground shifts seem bugged.  Gnomes in combat at the shift change seem to get "stuck" in combat.

R86

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »
So, I haven't got to test it yet, but can we replace all our stairs with scaffolding now? Like instead of a central staircase, could we just build a giant scaffold straight up and down?

Also, the guard shifts sound amazing! I want to test and see if we could put our first 9 into 3 squads of 3 and have them all take turns training, then on their off shifts see if they go back to their civilian duties. It could be a great way to promote that Spartan War Camp feeling.

It would also be kind of cool if there was a way to add a sleep schedule to our gnomes. Like maybe in their personal quarters we could designate a specific time and then that gnome would go home and go to sleep at that same time every day. People with platinum rooms could leave the option unchecked or could still use it. The gnome could just go home and sleep until their sleepiness was over 100, then wake up and go back to work. You could even add a breakfast option where the gnome would wake up and then fill their thirst and hunger to 100 before starting their day.

Esch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »
Welcome back Rob, these are great changes, thanks!