May 24, 2017, 08:35:35 AM

Author Topic: KeeperRL  (Read 2596 times)

Stickle

• View Profile
KeeperRL
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »
Has anyone tried this out? It just went up for crowdfunding on Indiegogo, and the alpha appears to be available for free at http://keeperrl.com/.

I don't have time to play games right now but I am intrigued! The combination of adventuring + dungeon building has me very intrigued. Supposedly right now the focus is more on combat than kingdom management, but hopefully that will be rounded out with further development.

Lonestar51

• View Profile
Re: KeeperRL
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:49:01 AM »
I have put maybe half an hour into the game.

The building part seems quite simple, mostly like Dungeon Keeper but with a bit of resource management bolted on. (Iron/Wood/Gold instead of just gold) The other parts I did not encounter.

What looked intriguing was: I saw only a few parts of the world, mainly what my creatures saw. Could open up some possibilities for exploration.

It is only 2D in the current Demo.

Lobstarooo

• View Profile
Re: KeeperRL
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:52:36 AM »
This really is a fun game, I've been playing for some time. It's currently being updated pretty often and more and more stuff is coming. The adventurer mode is also becoming more and more fun, with quite a DF-like feel to it. If you're wondering about it, have a look at Aavak's playthrough - the man who also brought us some great Gnomoria fortresses - as he is usually a good representation of how a game plays.