May 28, 2017, 01:26:09 PM

Author Topic: seeds  (Read 3733 times)

cpg tidus

• View Profile
seeds
« on: April 04, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »
anyone got a standard map seed that would need very little terraforming? not asking for completely flat but like mountains with decent flat land to build

Bezdomny

• View Profile
Re: seeds
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 03:54:34 AM »
I think 7 is pretty cool looking.

10000000 has some decent flat land.

Of course any seed will work if you dial down the Flat/Tall slider to almost flat.

On the other side, I randomly found this interesting mountain to play on/in: 3272291891

cpg tidus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
on my search(went through a bunch of random seeds) i found a nice mountain not how i like to build but some one may like it it has nice stone on it and copper and saphires with shallow and abundant ores on(not sure about normal) at 0 in a small crevice -20 20 for the set up coordinates

Gralad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
here are some seeds gathered together by AdmiralAckbar

http://imgur.com/a/XtCvE#0

personally me i am still looking for a seed that has something like a big island completely surrounded by water, i know stuff spawns on the edges still i would like to see something like that, making like a challenge game out of it to see how far i can get with only the initial gnomads.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:43:49 AM by Gralad »

Kelderek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »
If you want flat land you can use any seed you want, but raise the X and/or Y value to a very high number (at least 9 digits long).  The farther you get away from 0,0 as a starting point for your map a strange thing happens -- it's as if the game is using a bigger and bigger brush to draw the landscape.  This "brush" is always square and the farther from 0,0 you get the larger this square brush size will be.  Eventually you will see all the land features with square shapes that are 10 or more tiles on a side: square lakes, square surface clay, square hills. 

In addition to the surface land features all being big square shapes, all the underground caverns will also be based on squares as well.

It can be fun to mess around with for map generation.  It is the best way I know of to get a massive amount of water on your map if you want it.

Just remember that whatever numbers you use on the preview screen for X and Y, be sure to double those numbers exactly when you are ready to hit the "generate map" button.

You can see an example here from a kingdom I made last year.