December 17, 2017, 09:28:03 AM

Author Topic: Baby's first completed project.  (Read 2376 times)

variablenonsense

• View Profile
Baby's first completed project.
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »

It doesn't look like much compared to some of the things I've seen on here, but I'm proud of it being so compact! I got tired of using pitfall traps that, while effective, didn't let anyone OUT of my base - so this time I've made a vertical military gauntlet. The only entrance to the base is the log bridge, which runs to a shooting gallery, heheh - the tower on the left has training grounds with archers and doesn't actually touch the log scaffolding, so mobs have to run in front of my ranged gnomes. If they survive, they're funneled into my main stairway and up ... eight levels of training grounds with very bored soldiers.  ;)

The top level is a hospital and food supply; I'm thinking about building a roof like the archer tower has, but I'm not sure yet, since my next goal is to build a sky farm.

So certainly not the most impressive, but it works well and I'm proud. It only took me five years. \ 8D /

The only downfall is the danger of my troops rushing out and getting to the shooting gallery before the mobs get out, and being knocked off. I'm currently adding railing to help prevent that.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:45:59 PM by variablenonsense »

Cat

• View Profile
Re: Baby's first completed project.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »
That really is a grand entrance. Nice work!
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specified as such.

DaniAngione

• Watching the world burn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
Looks good, and quite epic as well! The shooting gallery must be really fun to watch, I see some mants over there wouldn't agree...

And an extra 'yay' for using Gnomoria Seasons :)

Heyub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »
That entrance is brilliant...

variablenonsense

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
Gnomoria Seasons is awesomeeee. I wish it was part of the main game, hahaha.

The shooting gallery is neat - if I can catch it in action. They seem to finish stuff off too quickly since I turned off pause on spotting enemies.

And usually all my soldiers meet them at the bottom of the stairs if they survive that, but I like the story, dangit. On the practical side, it does allow a lot of training areas in a very small horizontal space, so huzzah for that. |D

Thanks, guys!  :D