July 20, 2017, 05:32:07 AM

Author Topic: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Worlds - Support Needed :D  (Read 50291 times)

albany_

• View Profile
Re: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Seasons (Release 3! 01/22)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:46:52 PM »
I would love a perma-winter tileset with living trees. These look great but the winter tilesheet is my favorite by far. :)

DaniAngione

• Watching the world burn...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Seasons (Release 4! 01/31)
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 09:53:06 AM »
Release 4 is now out. :)

Thanks for the support everyone!

And please - read the new section 'Show your stuff' on the bottom of the post ;)

Thank you again,
Daniel

tiggyd

• Namaste
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
Wow I am so impressed by your seasons releases! Keep up the good work, I wonder how long before your tilesheets are included with the game!  ;D
नमस्ते  "Namaste"  "I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one."

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »
Thank you :)

Teehee, well... I must admit I'd be really honored and would gladly provide everything without problem!

I hardly see it happening tho :P Gnomoria has it's own artist (The great Rhopunzel :) ) and I'm sure there must be stuff already done (or planned at least) in terms of seasonal changes and all that.

But I'm doing my best to provide the community with 'seasonal flavoring' while it's not officially supported :)

Internet-Arbiter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
Love it. Downloaded it and using the permanent winter tileset. I just love the look of this armor. Makes them look like bandits.

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »
So... Since there's no new visual content on the latest patch and nothing else to work on for now, I'd like to ask you guys if there's anything you'd like to suggest/see on the tilesheet :)

Just reply saying what you'd like and maybe I can bring up a new release! :D

Kadoba

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 02:43:37 PM »
I've made a batch file that you can use to easily switch between the tilesets without manually renaming them.

Code: [Select]
:START

@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $S
CLS

IF DEFINED display (ECHO "%display%") ELSE (ECHO.)
IF DEFINED file (COPY /y %file% default.png) ELSE (ECHO.)
ECHO.

SET "display="
SET "choice="
SET "season="
SET "file="

ECHO Which season would you like to switch to?
ECHO 1 - Spring
ECHO 2 - Summer
ECHO 3 - Autumn
ECHO 4 - Winter
ECHO 5 - Alternate Winter (Extra)
ECHO 6 - Early Winter (Extra)
ECHO 7 - Late Winter (Extra)
ECHO 0 - Exit
ECHO.
sET /p choice="Enter Season: "

IF NOT DEFINED choice SET "choice=?"

IF %choice%==1 (SET "season=spring" && SET "file=default-spring.png")
IF %choice%==2 (SET "season=summer" && SET "file=default-summer.png")
IF %choice%==3 (SET "season=autumn" && SET "file=default-autumn.png")
IF %choice%==4 (SET "season=winter" && SET "file=default-winter.png")
IF %choice%==5 (SET "season=alternate winter" && SET "file=Extras\default-alt_winter.png")
IF %choice%==6 (SET "season=early winter" && SET "file=Extras\default-early_winter.png")
IF %choice%==7 (SET "season=late winter" && SET "file=Extras\default-late_winter.png")
IF %choice%==0 (GOTO END)

IF DEFINED season (SET "display=Changing season to %season%.") ELSE (SET "display=Unknown Command.")

GOTO START

:END

Instructions:
  • Extract the season tilesets directly into your Gnomoria\Content\Tilesheet folder without changing the names.
  • Rename the original default.png to something like OriginalDefault.png
  • Open up notepad and paste the code into it.
  • Click save and change the file type to all files.
  • Save as SeasonChanger.bat in the Gnomoria\Content\Tilesheet folder.
  • Create shortcut on the desktop if you want.
  • Run the batch file and follow the prompts.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:59:40 AM by Kadoba »

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »
This is really cool, works like a charm :)

I could include it in the next releases - with proper crediting, of course :) - if you want/like! :)

But that's really great, thank you for coming up with it :)

Kadoba

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 03:13:26 PM »
Of course. Anyone has my permission to do whatever they would like with it.

InternetJanitor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »
This is amazing and I desperately wish it was included as part of the game proper. So good!

abdula321

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
Thanks for amazing tilesets.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aGpbSUIfaI

There is demo of ingame tileset chagnes (it changed in order - "spring", "summer", "autumn", "early_winter", "winter", "alt_winter", "late_winter" - every hour for demonstration purposes). By ther now, it done by external IronPython script (also can be done via Faarks Mod library).

later_winter for me is more like early_spring :)

I think about way to integrate tileset changes (among with other my changes, like trap-act-as-switch and safe-hauling-zone) in game and release it as .exe / .dll patch...

Roest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 05:13:15 AM »
Ok I played a full year with Abdula's mod and thus with this tileset. It's pretty cool but I think it still needs a bit of tweaking. Winter and spring are ok, summer is ok'ish, takes some getting used to the yellow. Autumn still needs some tweaking imho. Plants and trees are ok but I totally dislike the orange gras. Can we get a bit greenisher summers and autumns?

abdula321

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
Agree about yellow summer grass.

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 10:29:46 PM »
There is demo of ingame tileset chagnes (it changed in order - "spring", "summer", "autumn", "early_winter", "winter", "alt_winter", "late_winter" - every hour for demonstration purposes). By ther now, it done by external IronPython script (also can be done via Faarks Mod library).

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you, what you've done... It's simply awesome - I'm speechless. :)

I also agree with the autumn and summer colors. Honestly where I live (Brazil) there isn't much difference between seasons lol. We pretty much have only summer and winter and our winter doesn't even have snow lol.

So I've based these tilesheets on 'stereotypes' mostly. 'hot', yellow-ish summers, 'canadian-like' autumns, etc.
Recently, however, I've been playing Banished (which is another awesome indie game made!) and it has some really beautiful colors for the different seasons... So I'm probably going to tweak all the seasons after tomorrow's patch (I'll wait to see if new art is added)

But, yes, I'll aim for a more saturated/green summer and a less brown-ish autumn grass :)

Thanks for the feedback! And... woah... Once again: wonderful job, abdula321. It's amazing :)

I would kindly ask - if it's possible - if you could create a solo version of it (without any other mods) so I could include on the next release (alongside Kadoba's awesome utility tool). It would be credited, of course - and I would also link/direct to your modding post for those interested :) Just figured a version without any other mods should be good for some people that are really fond of vanilla :)

abdula321

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »
I would kindly ask - if it's possible - if you could create a solo version of it (without any other mods) so I could include on the next release (alongside Kadoba's awesome utility tool). It would be credited, of course - and I would also link/direct to your modding post for those interested :) Just figured a version without any other mods should be good for some people that are really fond of vanilla :)

done - mod_release_1_0.9.8_tiles_only.ZIP