April 24, 2017, 11:30:01 PM

Author Topic: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Worlds - Support Needed :D  (Read 47851 times)

DaniAngione

• Watching the world burn...
    • View Profile
[Tilesheet] Gnomoria Worlds - Support Needed :D
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:16:31 AM »
NOTICE
Support Needed

Hey there, folks!
I'm coming back into Gnomoria... sort of. But since I left a lot of what was the birth of a modding system has changed (multi-mod support WOOT!)

So, yeah - I want to bring Worlds back to date! (and, who knows, maybe start adding stuff into the game :) )
However I... uhh... don't quite know where to start. I suppose there's not a documentation yet (I couldn't find) except for what is in the XML files... I looked at them and could find ways to 'add' new sprites/textures and even change some of the game's textures (what Seasons basically does) but I couldn't find a way to swap the tilesheets whenever the season changes. Is that not possible yet? Does anyone knows? :P
Would someone be willing to help me a bit? :P

Thanks for all the support so far, I've missed this place :)
- DaniAngione

DOWNLOAD LINK Release 10

Instructions are on the 'Read Me.txt' file! Make sure to read them!

MUSIC PACKS for Gnomoria Worlds
Installation instructions included with each download!

Sands of Gnomeria Music Pack ( ~65 mb )

CHANGE LOG

R10:

- Happy holidays! Gnomoria World: Yuletide in Gnomeland
- Special Graphics added for Automatons
- Special Graphics added for prosthetic limbs
- [LEGACY] Alternate Pillars (blocky ones) discontinued

R9:

- Gnomoria Worlds launched!
- First world included: Sands of Gnomeria

R8:

- Updated to version (0.9.16)

R7:

- The new walls and floors have been added to all Gnomoria Seasons Tilesheets.
- The new Golem layout (it's now divided into limbs) has also been added.
- Walls and floors have been slightly modified to match the other Gnomoria Seasons' walls and floors feeling.
- Gnomoria Worlds BETA added

R6.1:

- Buckets and Sacks added
- Buckets and Sacks slightly changed to match the Gnomoria Seasons overall smoother look

R6:

- Changed back to Gnomoria default pillars. A big THANK YOU! to Aavak for his feedback, tips, suggestions and the honor of being featured on Castlegoat!
- Scaffolding and Tunnels added
- Tweaks to the overall palette of Summer
- Tweaks to Autumn trees
- Tweaks to snow color in Winter
- Removal of abdula321's auto-changer (will be added back when updated)

R5:

- New Autumn
- New Summer
- Addition of Tools
      - Kadoba's SeasonChanger
      - abdula321's Auto-Changer

R4:

- Small fixes.
- Extra Tilesheets added!
      - Permawinter
      - Early Winter
      - Late Winter

R3:

- Fixed the "pink" (not transparent) pixels on some of the armour.
- Fixed the Rail Fence. I mean - it wasn't really broken, but I hated that extra dark pixel.
- Fixed the Snow. (it was too blue)

R2:

So, I've made a few improvements and additions from the original release... Guess I'll showcase some of them:

- SUMMER: I've changed colors a little so it's a little warmer overall but not too green (the grass)
- AUTUMN: I changed the colors a little. It was too reddish. I made it a little more natural and trees more varied in colors like a Canadian forest.
- WINTER: little snow piles under trees so they blend better with the environment.
- WINTER: improved snow (less clutter, more soft)
- WINTER: snow over rocks and mushrooms
- WINTER: swapped the flowers for dead grass
- WINTER: SNOWY YAKS! Because, you know, everything that is fluffy MUST have snow on top of it to be even more fluffy. There's also another creature changed: the Bear is now a polar bear... :P
- WINTER: WINTER ARMOR! I wanted my winter tilesheet to look more winterly, and wanted the game to have a really cold feeling overall. So I decided to change pretty much every armor and clothing on the game to make them look like stuff someone would actually wear on a really cold place.
* Metal armor - Added a brown fur cloak and a red scarf. The helmets are changed so the scarf is more evident.
* Leather armor - Added a scarf and the helmet is changed to an eskimo headgear.
* Bone armor - Added a scarf and changed the helmet so the scarf is more evident.
* Clothing - Scarfs added.

SCREENSHOT ARCHIVE

To avoid cluttering on the post I'm leaving only the most recent (new releases) screenshots. For the older screenshots, visit the Gnomoria Seasons! album at Imageshack by following the link below:

Imageshack Album 'Gnomoria Seasons'

SHOW YOUR STUFF

I'm really glad to see a lot of people is downloading, using and commenting on Gnomoria Seasons :) I hope you're all enjoying it as much as I enjoy making it! But come on - don't be shy - show everyone your fortresses, towns, castles and crazy wonders in seasons. My screenshots are rather limited and it would be great to have some diversity! :)

Thanks everyone,
Daniel
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:43:28 PM by DaniAngione »

Cuthulhuiscool2

• View Profile
Re: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Seasons!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
Looks good, I'll try to download it later.

Scotched

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
Awesome! Don't have time to try it out now, but be sure I'll give it a look! =D

And please please please keep it updated! Please!

mr_hosed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »
OK, this is seriously cool!  It's one of the features that's been needed for some time so at least we can "fake" it for now =)

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
Wow, they look awesome! Wish this would have existed back in my active modding days... replacing tilesets wasn't difficult, had even used it as an example in a modding tut. No idea whether this would still work and whats necessary to resolve some other existing issues, and I've definitively not the time to do it :(
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »
Wow, they look awesome! Wish this would have existed back in my active modding days... replacing tilesets wasn't difficult, had even used it as an example in a modding tut. No idea whether this would still work and whats necessary to resolve some other existing issues, and I've definitively not the time to do it :(

wow, so it is 'kind of' possible to automatically switch the tilesheets midgame? Well, guess I'll have a look at it! It would be awesome :)

I'm glad you like it!

I'm actually here to post release 2, with some fixes/improvements and the all-new Winter Armor :)

mr_hosed

• View Profile
Re: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Seasons (Release 2! 01/16)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »
HA!  Love the scarfs and Eskimo headgear =)

Haven't seen the polar bear yet, but I'll keep my eyes out.

w1p

• View Profile
Re: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Seasons (Release 2! 01/16)
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 11:51:31 AM »
This is immense! really adds to the immersion factor :)

DaniAngione

• View Profile
Re: [Tilesheet] Gnomoria Seasons (Release 3! 01/22)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »
Thank you mr_hosed and w1p :)

I hope you all are enjoying it (if you are using it :P)

Just posting to let you all know that Release 3 is up!

DarkOmegaMK2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 12:47:23 AM »
This retexture is a very big deal on something that is very much needed into the game by default.

I have one question: Will this conflict with the "Helmets Retextured"? (http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=3416.0)

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »
Since they're tilesheets - yes, it will.

However I do use one of the amazing helmets by MVP7 on my work :)
I don't know if it's the one you use, tho. You'll have to swap tilesheets and test to see if you like it :)

Internet-Arbiter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:19:33 AM »
You should totally have a mod where the winter is permanent. I love it. The winter clothes are also amazing, and wish those were default. Do you have a separate clothing mod?

mr_hosed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 11:39:13 PM »
You should totally have a mod where the winter is permanent. I love it. The winter clothes are also amazing, and wish those were default. Do you have a separate clothing mod?

Actually, because these are just tilesheets and require you to manually change them you could just insert the winter tilesheet and call it good.

tiggyd

• Namaste
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 02:54:58 AM »
Thank you for these tilesheets, they have greatly enhanced my Gnoming experience!! :P
नमस्ते  "Namaste"  "I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one."

DaniAngione

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 08:14:08 AM »

Actually, because these are just tilesheets and require you to manually change them you could just insert the winter tilesheet and call it good.

That's true :)

The fruit trees (actually all the trees except Pine) are dry/dead and lifeless on the winter tilesheet (since the idea is to use it only during winter, when these trees give no fruit).
I'm thinking about creating a "perma-winter" tilesheet tho (that would be identical to this one but with 'living trees') and also a 'tundra' tilesheet (that would not be fully covered in snow anyway, if I do these I'll post them here :)

Thanks for the support, everyone!
Oh, and please tell me if the download link breaks or something - it's in my dropbox Public Folder and I know that these might break up if there's enough traffic :)