Hey there, folks!
I'm coming back into Gnomoria... sort of. But since I left a lot of what was the birth of a modding system has changed (multi-mod support WOOT!)
So, yeah - I want to bring Worlds back to date! (and, who knows, maybe start adding stuff into the game
However I... uhh... don't quite know where to start. I suppose there's not a documentation yet (I couldn't find) except for what is in the XML files... I looked at them and could find ways to 'add' new sprites/textures and even change some of the game's textures (what Seasons basically does) but I couldn't find a way to swap the tilesheets whenever the season changes. Is that not possible yet? Does anyone knows?
Would someone be willing to help me a bit?
Thanks for all the support so far, I've missed this place
DOWNLOAD LINK Release 10
Instructions are on the 'Read Me.txt' file! Make sure to read them!MUSIC PACKS for Gnomoria Worlds
Installation instructions included with each download!Sands of Gnomeria Music Pack
( ~65 mb )CHANGE LOG
- Happy holidays! Gnomoria World: Yuletide in Gnomeland
- Special Graphics added for Automatons
- Special Graphics added for prosthetic limbs
- [LEGACY] Alternate Pillars (blocky ones) discontinued
- Gnomoria Worlds launched!
- First world included: Sands of Gnomeria
- Updated to version (0.9.16)
- The new walls and floors have been added to all Gnomoria Seasons Tilesheets.
- The new Golem layout (it's now divided into limbs) has also been added.
- Walls and floors have been slightly modified to match the other Gnomoria Seasons' walls and floors feeling.
- Gnomoria Worlds BETA added
- Buckets and Sacks added
- Buckets and Sacks slightly changed to match the Gnomoria Seasons overall smoother look
- Changed back to Gnomoria default pillars. A big THANK YOU! to Aavak for his feedback, tips, suggestions and the honor of being featured on Castlegoat!
- Scaffolding and Tunnels added
- Tweaks to the overall palette of Summer
- Tweaks to Autumn trees
- Tweaks to snow color in Winter
- Removal of abdula321's auto-changer (will be added back when updated)
- New Autumn
- New Summer
- Addition of Tools
- Kadoba's SeasonChanger
- abdula321's Auto-Changer
- Small fixes.
- Extra Tilesheets added!
- Early Winter
- Late Winter
- Fixed the "pink" (not transparent) pixels on some of the armour.
- Fixed the Rail Fence. I mean - it wasn't really broken, but I hated that extra dark pixel.
- Fixed the Snow. (it was too blue)
So, I've made a few improvements and additions from the original release... Guess I'll showcase some of them:
- SUMMER: I've changed colors a little so it's a little warmer overall but not too green (the grass)
- AUTUMN: I changed the colors a little. It was too reddish. I made it a little more natural and trees more varied in colors like a Canadian forest.
- WINTER: little snow piles under trees so they blend better with the environment.
- WINTER: improved snow (less clutter, more soft)
- WINTER: snow over rocks and mushrooms
- WINTER: swapped the flowers for dead grass
- WINTER: SNOWY YAKS! Because, you know, everything that is fluffy MUST have snow on top of it to be even more fluffy. There's also another creature changed: the Bear is now a polar bear...
- WINTER: WINTER ARMOR! I wanted my winter tilesheet to look more winterly, and wanted the game to have a really cold feeling overall. So I decided to change pretty much every armor and clothing on the game to make them look like stuff someone would actually wear on a really cold place.
* Metal armor - Added a brown fur cloak and a red scarf. The helmets are changed so the scarf is more evident.
* Leather armor - Added a scarf and the helmet is changed to an eskimo headgear.
* Bone armor - Added a scarf and changed the helmet so the scarf is more evident.
* Clothing - Scarfs added.SCREENSHOT ARCHIVE
To avoid cluttering on the post I'm leaving only the most recent (new releases) screenshots. For the older screenshots, visit the Gnomoria Seasons! album at Imageshack by following the link below:Imageshack Album 'Gnomoria Seasons'SHOW YOUR STUFF
I'm really glad to see a lot of people is downloading, using and commenting on Gnomoria Seasons
I hope you're all enjoying it as much as I enjoy making it! But come on - don't be shy - show everyone your fortresses, towns, castles and crazy wonders in seasons. My screenshots are rather limited and it would be great to have some diversity!