June 19, 2018, 07:09:40 AM

Author Topic: DF Succession Thread  (Read 14267 times)

Derpblob

• View Profile
DF Succession Thread
« on: September 21, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
So might as well do some choas in DF. Create choas, get sieged by Necromancers and Goblins. And have general chaos.

What are the general rules?

-A new person succeeds till next year or death
-If the person dies, the next should check where the previous bark below
-If you don't post about what your doing or why you haven't done anything with in a week, you will get passed.

Nice things to do before handing it over.

-Tell about your adventures, who got in what mood, around what time possibly?

The Format for story telling?

-Year
-Major Events in general
-Major Events in detail!

If you died, say the new Fortress name
Write the 7 Original Dwarves, etc.

Who's playing next
NumberName
1Zlob
2N/A
3N/A
4N/A
5N/A

Past Fortsmen
1stDerpblob
2ndArwingXL Post #2
3rdzlob
4thN/A
5thN/A

Accessing the DF File
We're using Drop Box because it's easy to set up and have enough space to last a while so  . . . . yeah

Email: gnomriasuccession@gmail.com
Password: GnomeDwarf

The email is also the password. This just makes it easier for emailing if you so need to.

Neither me, Dwarf Fortress makers, and Gnomoria Forums aren't liable. Do remember that even though we may have good intentions, Poe's law states that people will be douchebag. May be a good idea looking for unusually named files. This is just for safety cautions sake, and keeping your computers stay safe and not explode on you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:05:23 PM by Derpblob »
Dwarf Fortress Failtacular

Just Gnoming around, causing terrible puns since 2013!

Derpblob

• View Profile
Re: DF Succession Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
The land is Issunkar, with the usual Elves, Goblins, Kobolds, and of course, Dwarves. Armok is bound to have some chaos in store. Even during this time, we're in the Age of Legends. The year is 125, and in a world, 2nd highest in population, 1st is Humans. We will see if we can change the tide of who's the best.

Map Information
Posting ImageShack links so their isn't a ton of Map pictures.
In-Game Map
Biome/Bumb Map
Plain Bumb map

Last Updated Year 125

Text Files
World History
World Sites

Last Updated Year 125

Fun Statistics
Fun little statistics
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:38:26 PM by Derpblob »

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:15:35 PM »
ArwingXL the stonecraftsdwarf, after a lengthy political campaign, makes preparations to pack up what he can in the first season of 126 to set out from the dwarven capitol torwards the settlement of Issunkar to serve as its next governor. A party is held post-election where he raffles off  the remainders of his fine instrumets, toys, nest boxes, and fine jugs. Much longland grass ale was consumed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:21:32 PM by ArwingXL »

zlob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:32:39 AM »
If it wasn't clear enough, I am IN!
Do we embark with a butcher?

Derpblob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »
You guys have been added, time to start the fort!

Embark

We have embarked at Keskaldoren, Id Delertan is our expedition leader. When we embark we found turtlemen! Might be some nice food in the future, only 5 though, but possible food indeed. We also found a sponge and brown recluse webs . . . . This is bound to be fun! Their is a bee hive though. So mead might become plenty . . . . We started with some copper armor in case we start the military without the anvil. fortunately the spiders and turtle people are on the other side.

We also have 6 turkey females and a turkey gobbler! So we're going to have plenty of eggs. But Armok seems to have some plans of fun.

Spring

Aquifers . . . . The fort has no stone, the only stone available is on the aquifer layer . . . . The attempts of doing aquifers has failed, horribly. But other than that everything has been going well. The mason can't make a pump though, so Stukos has no use right now.

We have beds for the dwarves, no major issues other than the aquifer. And no one has died, yet. Which is good, the biggest problem is dealing with the aquifer, but we're going to have an underground well, so that's good.

. . . . Wait, Conglomerate is stone! Armok is laughing, if it can. Well, at least we can get past the aquifer. Time to do that . . . .

Summer

Our mason went missing, he said he kept getting forced down some water and getting hurt. I wonder what happened to him. Did he die or something . . . Nonsense!

We got a Glazer and a Carpenter, and no children. Armok uses children to annoy us. Our Glazer is useless though, she'll be our brewer and cook! Glad we have her now.

Tobul is sadly on break though, we need to get a trader depot and prepare for the Dwarven trade!

Our attempts to get past the aquifer has failed, horribly. Our pump system hasn't gotten a response yet. Did the Mason run away? I guess so . . .

Well we need to build a bridge to the other side and replace the missing mason. So I gotta go!

Autumn

I really hate traders, the caravans always get stuck, and when they get stuck, everyone else won't trade. Causing no one to trade and thus having to take down the depots to have them move off. Inevitable taking all their goods, not horrible, but really annoying . . . I'd rather trade then steal all their stuff. They're also very relaxed about it.

I found a new safe version of pumping water up. The system is simple.
X = floor P = Pump A = Pump, Dwarf side, C = Ramp down
XXXX
XCAPC
XXXX
A perfectly safe way and no one will drown, like the mason. Yeah the mason was done, now it's ironic assuming he ran away. If that is irony. One more season before some sap, aah poor guy ahhhh leader deals with the mess I made.

Winter

Well my reign has ended, time to pass the torch and give someone else my Aquifer chaos. Hopefully it's almost over. Time for a recap/Fort Report!

We have 13 Dwarves
-2 Miners
-2 Carpenters
-1 Woodcutter
-2 Fisherdwarf and  Fishery Worker
-1 Woodcrafter
-1 Cook
-Expedition Leader (Of course)
-1 Planter
-2 Pump Operators (1 is Fisherdwarf, the other is a grower/rusty Potash Maker)

We have 20k worth as well. A working, but slightly chaotic, Fort, and a dead Mason. He wasn't doing much. That was my first 1 year dead guy if I remember right (Somehow? Unlikely)

We also got most of the way through the first aquifer layer, hope to god their isn't a second layer . . . . Sorry ArwingXL, you got the short end of the stick. You will have great fun at least!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:09:11 PM by Derpblob »

Derpblob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
If it wasn't clear enough, I am IN!
Do we embark with a butcher?

I usually don't, because you get a large majority as farmers, and you can use them as the new butcher, or just use a random farmer.

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »
Sponges!!!

Kill it with fire!

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 01:22:26 PM »
I can imagine the first part of my story is seeing how much sense the fort makes. If a noble is in the process of punching out a kid, i'll draw a picture of it.

Derpblob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »
I can imagine the first part of my story is seeing how much sense the fort makes. If a noble is in the process of punching out a kid, i'll draw a picture of it.
I have not dealt with aquifers, so I thought it would be fun dealing with them. Winter will be post the entire fort though.

At least I'm getting through the aquifer though. The dead mason wasn't of use anyway. He would only be useful . . . with you . . . I'm making my own coffin aren't I?

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 03:28:31 PM »
build a stone vault, make it at least 2 stories below or above ground, defend its entrance with cage traps, and make that your place to put stone coffins to house the dead. I have a  habit of attracting vampires and necromancers. also, aquifers aren't -that bad- just hope the water table doesn't shift and flood your  people. I had that happen to a miner in winter once. the water flooded and then froze, trapping and suffocating a few people. When it thawed next spring, I found the bodies.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:31:45 PM by ArwingXL »

Derpblob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
If it hasn't been noticed, you can all download the map yourselves. Make sure it's Issunkarr! I might have uploaded the wrong region.

EDIT: Top Post!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:43:41 PM by Derpblob »

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »
20th Felsite Late-Spring
The foundations for the fort's walls have been laid after mining as much comglomerate as possible.27 dwarves arrived in the second month and were immediately put to work building those walls as well as the new above ground farm which will be giving the fort plenty of food and whip-vine strands for a fall and winter of clothes production. The elves are quite fond of our clothing. Also, this month,
ArwingXL fell ill after battling a River Sponge.  He has been in his room as of late waiting for his injuries to heal.

20th Slate Mid-Spring
Kadol the cook left and walked into the mountains, and went into labor alone. She returned, soaked in her own .... errr... afterbirth with babe in hand. Oi vay... TEENAGERS... (O__O)

7th Slate Mid-Spring

Etur drops her quiver in the river. Every damn male dwarf dove in after it. dropped their gear, and soon the entire fort had lost something in the river. I'm thinking of closing it off before we all die from drowning. Now that the fishing industry is well in motion, we have something besides plump helmets and sweet pods to eat.

PRE-SPRING REPORT

ArwingXL Uzonul, having arrived in last season of 127, has finished settling in, moving out the old expedition leader, and
taking his tour of Outpost Keskaldoren. The first thing I noticed were three cats wondering about and a
donkey. I actually was confused at first as to the lack of walls, a well, or an outhouse, thinking the previous settlement had
disbanded, until i spotted Kadol in his cooking uniform carrying wood from the local forest. I took a small walk down by the
riverside, full of fish and oysters, but to my luck, spotted no fishermen. I bet these lads haven't even found any metal. Oi vay...

So I decided to go down the main stairwell to look at the first level of development. I'm sure the lads have a nice looking work
area.

Hmmm... so that's where the stench was coming from. all of the refuse is underground and right next to the food stockpile? Oi vay...
I called for young Id Delertan, the leader, manager, broker, and book-keeper, "Oi Id. Where can I find the sheriff? If I'm going to be
looking after this place, I'm going to need a sword for my weaponstand."
"THere is no sheriff, what do we look like? A band of criminals?."
"Let me see the roster of nobels then. there must be someone here
besides the crafters."

"We've got a lot of work to do Id. I will see you after I find my office and introduce myself to the masons."
Looking at the roster of people and what they were doing besides sitting in the kitchen and picking their pointy dwarven ears, I
decided to make some adjustments. :-)

I will prepare my spring report after the next 3 months pass.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:06:46 PM by ArwingXL »

Derpblob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
Just started my turn as mayor. will update once i'm done

This will be interesting as I can presume. Considering my awful attempts at dealing with the aquifer. Though changing my embark items has really changed how I embark now.

Also Turkeys spawn A LOT of hatch-lings . . . . Might be good to sell . . . .

zlob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
Also Turkeys spawn A LOT of hatch-lings . . . . Might be good to sell . . . .
Or sacrifice to Armok and eat in His name :)

Is that Dwarf Therapist?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:36:42 AM by zlob »

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
Year 127 Ends - War Looms on the Horizon
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:04 AM »
So... Over year 127, I got the fort reorganized and built up pretty well. On top of trapping the gates to capture goblin and kobold thieves/snatchers, I suited the fort with a a functioning military, plenty of farms, a clothing industry for trading with the elves and dwarves to get metal, wood, certain animals, weapons. etc. Unfortunately, halfway through building the barracks for the military, on the 21st of Obsidian, the last month of winter...

THE GOBLINS RAIDED. They dropped the population from 67 to 57 and left behind a fair deal of loot. The dwarves are rather shaken from the battle as the new year comes. Unfortunately, i must hand succession over to the next in line. Good luck man. I see a siege in your future. The dropbox has been updated.

PICS:
the first raid on the south gate

the second raid on the south gate

the new year arrives! the settlement survives!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:24:17 AM by ArwingXL »