May 25, 2017, 03:34:46 AM

Author Topic: GnomoriaEnhanced (second generation)  (Read 62505 times)

VKV

• View Profile
GnomoriaEnhanced (second generation)
« on: September 01, 2013, 03:22:19 AM »
I continue to maintain this tool, originally written by bvierra, who is not maintaining this tool anymore.

Source Code: https://github.com/hautesse/GnomoriaEnhanced
Executable: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_qrav57wmVPTkRJcW1QVl8zZmc/edit?usp=sharing
Home Page (not maintained):http://ge.gnomoriawiki.com/

Current Features:
* See all Gnome Skills in Grid Format
* Highlight skills with higher than average values (light or dark green background)
* Highlight skills used by the gnome current profession (bold font)
* See all Gnome Stats, including sleep and hunger in Grid Format
* Find items by family and type: list all matching items, their quality and their location (gnome, container or on the ground)
* Auto backup saves in case of corruption

What Gnomoria Enhanced will and will not be.
Gnomoria Enhanced is about seeing more information in an easier to read format along with additional out of game utilities (such as backup).
Gnomoria Enhanced will never be about cheating / modifying your saved game. There are other utilities that will be much better at doing that than Gnomoria Enhanced and it is not something I particularly like to do / want to see done.

How to use Gnomoria Enhanced?
There is an up to date README file in the .zip file. Hint: read it!

If there is anything you would like to see, just let me know! If there is anything that does not work, well let me know :) If you want to work on it as well, just fork it and put in a pull request.

Enjoy!
VKV
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:30:08 AM by VKV »

Daedalus

• View Profile
Re: GnomoriaEnhanced (second generation)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:46:10 PM »
Awesome, a previous version I tried earlier today didn't work on Windows 8, but this version works great so far, good job :)

bvierra

• No matter where I am, you can find me there.
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria Wiki
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:35:59 PM »
I am bvierra and I endorse this. BTW great job on it VKV
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat
Feature Requests | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specifically specified as such

claudekennilol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:20:54 AM »
I'm at work now and am wondering about this (so I can't launch the game and find out right now).  Does this create an overlay, a new menu in game kinda thing?  Or is this an external spreadsheet kinda tool?

claudekennilol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »
I'd like to check out the source but don't know anything about Git.  How do I go about doing this?  I've used mercurial (and mercurial plugin for eclipse) but that was a few years ago, at least.  We use TFS at work, but that's integrated into VS.  But I'm definitely interested in at least messing around with it and seeing if I can get it to do anything else.

ItsComcastic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »
I'd like to check out the source but don't know anything about Git.  How do I go about doing this?  I've used mercurial (and mercurial plugin for eclipse) but that was a few years ago, at least.  We use TFS at work, but that's integrated into VS.  But I'm definitely interested in at least messing around with it and seeing if I can get it to do anything else.

It's not too bad, I suggest installing the command line version, and look up some tutorials.
"git clone project_url" will download the project
"git status" shows your current status
"git commit -m 'message here' " will commit your code
"git add filename" adds a file to the repo.. etc etc.

Your other option is to not bother with git and download the source as a zip.

VKV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
I'm at work now and am wondering about this (so I can't launch the game and find out right now).  Does this create an overlay, a new menu in game kinda thing?  Or is this an external spreadsheet kinda tool?
It's a separate application that is launched from the Windows desktop, independently from Gnomoria. However, you need the game installed to run it, as you must decompress the ZIP file containing the Gnomoria Enhanced into the Gnomoria installation directory. Please refer to the README.txt file in the ZIP file.

VKV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »
I have used "Git GUI" which makes things easy.

The first thing to understand is that you must clone my repository into a new one linked to your GitHub account, and then you can work with Git GUI from your GitHub "remote repoistory" to create a local one, where you will do your changes.  Once you are done with your changes, you will commit them locally, and finally "push" them to your GitHub remote repository. Only after that are you able, in GitHub, to send me your changes so that I can incorporate them into the main branch.

I suggest searching GitHub for a tutorial.

VKV

zkm2erjfdb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
Sorry.I use this first time. then error... :'(
Can it work for v0.8.53.1 ?
"[Main] LoadGame_DoWork failed at gnomoria.LoadGame with message: Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: "...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:28:48 AM by zkm2erjfdb »

gustavoghe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »

VKV,

Could you please always describe whats is the last working version for the gnomoria enhanced? Thanks!

VKV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
Sorry.I use this first time. then error... :'(
Can it work for v0.8.53.1 ?
"[Main] LoadGame_DoWork failed at gnomoria.LoadGame with message: Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: "...
This usually means that you are not executing GnomoriaEnhanced from the Gnomoria installation directory. You need to copy all the files inside the Gnomoria installation directory. See the README.txt file for details about where to find the directory, depending on your type of installation (Steam or standalone).

VKV

VKV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 12:44:48 AM »
VKV, could you please always describe whats is the last working version for the gnomoria enhanced? Thanks!
It's the one linked from the top post. The zip file name refers to 0.52.1a.

cortx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 05:43:23 AM »
It's a separate application that is launched from the Windows desktop, independently from Gnomoria. However, you need the game installed to run it, as you must decompress the ZIP file containing the Gnomoria Enhanced into the Gnomoria installation directory. Please refer to the README.txt file in the ZIP file.
Do you mean that we can run GnomoriaEnhanced at the same time than the game and the information into GnomoriaEnhanced are realtime updated ?

doctoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »

How to use Gnomoria Enhanced?
There is an up to date README file in the .zip file. Hint: read it!

VKV

Thanks for this great little mod.

Some comments on the readme though  - as i initially found it a bit confusing.

1) "Copy all the files in the Gnomoria installation directory" should read something like "EXTRACT all the files TO the Gnomoria installation directory.

2) Despite the hint there is nothing at all in the readme about "using" the mod i.e. running the GnomoriaEnhanced.exe after Gnomaria is running and that you need to load the save game, and that it runs as a separate program outside of the game (i was expecting it to change the game interface).

VKV

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »
Yeah, the README file could be clarified. Someone (Grumpicus) has proposed some changes to it that I'll integrate into a new release, probably over the week-end.

Thanks!
VKV