April 25, 2017, 03:35:48 AM

Author Topic: GnomoriaEnhanced (second generation)  (Read 61532 times)

bordo

• Lego Maniac since 1975 (Skype: antony.bordoli1)
    • View Profile
    • My Lego Store (Not meant to be advertising, but a place to get to know me better)
Re: GnomoriaEnhanced (second generation)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 07:22:07 PM »
I really enjoy using this tool.  Just a few things that I'd wish were added/implemented:
-I don't use the standard professions as all mine are custom therefore nothing gets bolded as a reconfirmation that my gnome is using those wonderful above average skills.  Not sure how hard it would be to handle custom professions since these do seem to be a part of the save file as I'm not having to export/import them in between games of the same world#.
-The bolding in the military skills (some are all bolded for certain gnomes and not others, mostly just a few gnomes get bolded military skills).  I can't figure out what is going on here or what I might be doing that  is hindering it from knowing that my gnomes with great sword skills are assigned to wield swords, etc.
-I'd love to see an "export" function (like to csv or xls or xml).  This way I can do before vs after analysis more easier than my present method.  Alternatively, maybe the before-vs-after can be built-in and even expanded into a history with a possible graph showing growth in their skills.  I use the before-vs-after every season to make sure that my gnomes are actually doing what I've told them to do.  For example, if I've assigned you to the sword wielding squad, I shouldn't see growth in their hammer skill.  This happened recently and I discovered that the uniforms in the profession tab was reverting back to "None", so, in other word, GE is a great tool to "trust, but verify" the game itself to make sure that your orders are beling followed.

Again, GREAT TOOL!!!

I did solve my issues above in regards to the bolds not showing as well as the uniform issues.  Evidently it is a custom class that you make for a Gnome specifically in their professions tab that screws up the bolding.  I stopped doing that and simply make their profession as a new profession.  Works great now!  Doing this also fixed the issue of my Gnomes not following my uniform commands.
Thanks Again!

Oh, I did notice today when I did a "refresh" that the date that it brought over was incorrect.  I was doing it so as to see the calculation in the tool of my kingdom value.  That's where it sat glaring at me that it was the 3rd day of spring when it was actually the 11th.

Fizwhizy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
VKV, could you please always describe whats is the last working version for the gnomoria enhanced? Thanks!
It's the one linked from the top post. The zip file name refers to 0.52.1a.

I guess it's still working, since bordo complimented you, but the name is still GnomoriaEnhanced-v0.8.52.1a.zip. The last commit in  the git repo was five months ago (so I guess there were no changes in the game that broke compatibility).

An other thing, if you would please be so kind: How does this program work in principle? How do you know how the save file is structured? I looked at the code but I didn't find the class "GnomanEmpire". Maybe it's a class of the game that you can access directly(?).

Zanarhi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »
No matter what I try, every time I get the this error.
Error loading saved game
Loading saved game failed with the following error:
Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: DDL file does not exist.

I have all GE files in the installation directory(steam), and it occurs for all save files, including new ones.

Rokdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »
Error loading saved game
Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: DDL file does not exist.

Bump, same here :(

Did 0.96 break GE somehow?
Gnomoria has no official story, but my kingdoms always have one.

bordo

• View Profile
    • My Lego Store (Not meant to be advertising, but a place to get to know me better)
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:41 AM »
I just tried mine as I was sure it worked last night on my first play on 0.9.6.  Tested it again just now and it worked fine still.  So THIS error occurs when you open a save file?

Rokdog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:07 AM »
Yes, when attempting to open a save file using GE.

I open GE, it starts fine, auto-initializes and finishes with no errors and everything seems to be working fine. At the top it also says Verifying Gnomoria configuration: Settings OK! Then I click File > Open, choose my .sav, and then this error pops up in its own dialog with "OK" being the only option. Clicking this closes GE. This error is also reported in red in GE's log/console.

I did unzip the entire archive into Gnomoria's folder along with all of the other files as instructed. The "7-zip library" listed in the error is there in the folder as 7z.dll. I haven't tried to use GE before this, so I've never gotten it to work on this installation (not sure if it would have before), but at least I know I'm not the only one getting this error.

Any ideas? :\

Edit: Huh, so I did some tinkering around and haven't fixed anything yet, but have some observations that may or may not be of use. I changed the file name of 7z.dll to 7-zip.dll just in case that was it, but this in turn caused initializing to fail, with the same error message! Saying that the 7-zip library did not exist. But when I changed the name back to 7z.dll, initializing worked, so it was able to find that 7-zip library during initialization, but not when loading a saved game?

Secondly, I noticed that the console message in the background is more specific than the dialog that pops up, and actually names a function. It states:

[E] : [Main] LoadGame_DoWork failed at gnomoria.LoadGame with message: Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: DLL file does not exist.

Will continue tinkering for a bit and report back if anything changes :(  Oh, also, I'm not playing this from Steam, unlike Zanarhi who reported the same error.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:44:49 AM by Rokdog »
Gnomoria has no official story, but my kingdoms always have one.

TherionChilde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 07:47:32 AM »
Same problem here with version 0.97.

Mr. Jallen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 09:48:08 AM »
Do you all have the required files? Move GE into your gnomoria folder. (Right click gnomoria shortcut, click "Open containing folder") extract all the files within the GE zip file into your Gnomoria folder. Should work this way... GE requires you have certain files which are located in the gnomoria folder. Hope this helps, I could be more specific but I just woke up and I feel this is adequate. Just read the README! D:<

bordo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 03:24:45 AM »
Mine still works fine.  I have no idea what the problem might be that other users are experiencing.  I may be eating my words though when I re-install everything back on my PC which I just recently had to factory reset....lol.  Waiting on a new update before heading back to Gnomoria.  The new "stagger-lag" introduced in 0.9.7 is killing all the fun I was having.  The game Factorio is a blast, though!!!

white_noise

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:25 AM »
Error loading saved game

The same problem with Gnomoria v0.9.8 and GnomoriaEnhanced-v0.8.52.1a
All files in place.
- GnomoriaEnhanced.exe
- GElibrary.dll
- Gnomoria Enhanced.exe.config
- Gnomoria.exe
- Gnomorialib.dll
- SevenZipSharp.dll
- 7z.dll
Still can't open the saved world.

PS
I understand it is outdated version and nobody keeping it up to date. Pity. I sure could use something like that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:43:18 AM by white_noise »

Scoresby

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
Started using this today. Definitely useful.

One thing I noticed: it can only open save files that start with "world". Gnomoria itself doesn't care what the files are named so I name mine after the kingdom so I can remember which is which more easily if I want to transfer just one or two to a different computer.

I fixed it by sticking "world" on the front and then GE loaded the file just fine. Not a big deal but maybe something to look into?

Then, a question about the config file:
I modified the config with a text editor and saved it, but the changes don't seem to have taken effect. What might I be doing wrong? (all I changed was values from "false" to "true")

bvierra

• No matter where I am, you can find me there.
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria Wiki
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
Yea the guy who made it is a pain in the a**. Ok more like I got busy with work for the last year (yay for corporate buy outs) and working 60-80hrs a week has not left me with much free time. I will try and see if I cannot fix issues in the upcoming few days.
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat
Feature Requests | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specifically specified as such

eloy2030

• "How should I know, I'm just the errand boy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
Hi! First, I want to thank you for this excellent tool. Second, I'm having a problem loading saves. Whenever I try to load (any save) since 0.9.9 I get the following message: "unable to read beyond the end of the stream". It might be of some importance that when first loaded, after current gnomoria version, this did not appear. I was able to load a couple of times. Then, suddenly, this message started. I hope that you have and answer for this or, at least, is of some use to you.

Thanks again!

I666NoB666I

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 06:51:36 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post.  I have been playing gnomoria for just over a year now and have been reading the forums constantly.  I just recently got GE but it doesn't seem to be updated in real time.  Is it supposed to be?  If not, how does everyone use GE?

Viion

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 11:04:53 AM »
It doesn't do a real-time update (but I think it once did... not sure).

The way I use it is I just select File-Open-MyCurrentGame and then check the stats that's updated. Then I make sure I've selected the settings-"Auto backups saved games" before I play and enjoy the game.

When I get to a point where I need current information (either to double check progression or for decision making) then I just press F4 for a quick save then open the newly made save.

If there are more efficient ways of doing this I'm looking forward to hearing them :-)