May 26, 2017, 09:56:05 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria Save Game Editor II  (Read 147248 times)

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria Save Game Editor II
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 05:47:26 AM »
This sounds quite nice, i do wonder, does the fill cavern option also fills the caves with stone and ore like there should be? Even if not it does sound amazingly usefull.

Atm caverns are filled with obsidian. Maybe there will be an option to fill the upper most layer on top of the obsidian with a bit of lava...if i get it to work as i have planned...

I do woner about the RND stone, does it make things.. Really random? Like every type of stone on the same level and just about every other block being a other kind? But are the ores still inside of the stones after doing this? Because this sounds soo much fun to do but im afraid of losing out on the ores. (then again, it would work for a no ore from the ground challange.. Makes me wonder if merchants sell platinum now)

Yes, random, wall and floor, ores are still there.

Just create a new map for testing.
First reveal complete map so you can see everything and take a look at it (caverns, ores,...).
Then use fill caverns and take another look.
And then use the randomize option and....take another look.
You can repeat this steps for the other options like convert stone or expand ore.
To save some time you should use a tiny map for your tests...
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

KyoNeko

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 06:48:59 AM »
I'll give it a spin when i get home, i can see myself using the RND stone option just for fun to play with. While obsidium filled caverns aren't perfect, they are infinitely better then empty caverns in my opion. Thank you very much Kinsi.

Seyeght

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
Tried out the RND stone last night, it is a very unique addition to your wonderful tool. It makes it very difficult to see metal/coal deposits since no 2 tiles that touch are the same color stone, it is very distracting on the eyes while trying to locate ores from a fully revealed map. I can see myself using this on a non-revealed map quite frequently though.

exelsiar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »
Hello i've just started using this on a new world, i dislike caverns so got rid of them to start with, obsidian is much nicer. Unfortunately there appears to be a downside, in that it occasionally causes glitches in the pathing of the ai around the obsidian, frustrating, but not super game breaking so far :)

kackeldackel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »
thx

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:35 AM »
Hello i've just started using this on a new world, i dislike caverns so got rid of them to start with, obsidian is much nicer. Unfortunately there appears to be a downside, in that it occasionally causes glitches in the pathing of the ai around the obsidian, frustrating, but not super game breaking so far :)

What kind of glitches in pathfinding?
Do you have a screenshot or a savegame so i can take a look at it?
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

Castamere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 05:55:18 AM »
Thanks a lot for this neat Utility!

I use it to fill in the Caves (and then replace the Obsidian with basalt). Dealing with Caves wasn't so much a challenge, but more of a tedium.
Now my forts die from below only through my own stupidity (instead of from forgetting to babysit my miners to make sure I Close off any
Caves they tunnel into.

Any Chance that there will be a new(er) Version coming? I haven't been able to add some mushroom seeds with the current Version (could
well be a case of huge Derp on my part though).

Seyeght

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 07:03:08 AM »
Kinsi,

After doing a RND Stone option I found that my Gatherers will frequently error out with 'job canceled could not find path' This frequently happens when they are stand on, or trying to path to an Obsidian or Brick Stone floor.

I was actually going to post a query about the Brick Stone, because to my knowledge it doesn't exist naturally in game with out using RND Stone, since it goes strait from Clay to Brick Block.

when I get home later tonight I will try to upload a save game file that has had the issue and see if you can experience it.

SuNnYxD

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 09:34:42 PM »
any idea on the highest version GSGE 2 works on?
Advice for gnomoria noobs
military not picking up stuff? -->double check ur sqaads > formations > Positions > Uniforms to see if you have the correct configs

fps lag? check the following: #of idle gnomore > # dirt piles not picked up > unlit underground areas?(beetle spawning areas)

Castamere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 01:30:18 AM »
any idea on the highest version GSGE 2 works on?

I have used it with the current Version (0.8.46) and haven't run across something that
doesn't work (aside from not being able to add the new stuff like mushroom seeds).

scithen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »
I used it with the last version (0.8.45) to change my trees/stone and give myself dirt blocks and crates/barrels, and it always resulted in a crash after an hour or two of playing. Having stopped using it, the crashes went away.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 04:36:54 AM »
I used it with the last version (0.8.45) to change my trees/stone and give myself dirt blocks and crates/barrels, and it always resulted in a crash after an hour or two of playing. Having stopped using it, the crashes went away.

I'm really sorry about this crashes, it's no fun to "loose" a kingdom in this way.
As i use GSGE frequently and do not experience this issues it is difficult for me to locate the problem.
Can you provide a savegame, if possible just a short time before a crash happens?

Eldhelion

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »

The problem are the containers, I had problem with crates here.
When you put a crate in one stockpile it doesn't show the (x/32) status,
and if you try deconstruct it the game crash

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14:45 AM »
The problem are the containers, I had problem with crates here.
When you put a crate in one stockpile it doesn't show the (x/32) status,
and if you try deconstruct it the game crash

Thank you for this info. Will take a look at the containers when i'm home.
I hope to get a new version ready this weekend.

scithen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 10:39:12 PM »
Well good to know what the problem is. Still, I've done just fine without it now, though if you can get the containers fixed that would be awesome. I play for the building projects more than the combat, though I like to be able to take care of my gnomes if I can.