March 24, 2017, 10:55:10 AM

Author Topic: [Modding] kinsi's tiny mods  (Read 66872 times)

veri745

• View Profile
Re: [Modding] kinsi's tiny mods
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 07:14:17 PM »
Hi Kinsi, I PM'd you regarding a bug I found in the ore automine mod where mining next to workshops/crates/constructions will destroy them.

Thanks for the work you've put in on this!

Dr.Jet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 03:31:58 AM »
Automine is excellent mod. I think it deserves to be included in game as "Mine Vein" task.

However... it has a flaw. Game crashes when autominer reaches the edge of the map. On tiny maps most veins do end this way. I think autominer script tries to read from out-of-coordinate-range which leads to crash. Hope to see a fix soon.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 04:17:23 AM »
Automine is excellent mod. I think it deserves to be included in game as "Mine Vein" task.

However... it has a flaw. Game crashes when autominer reaches the edge of the map. On tiny maps most veins do end this way. I think autominer script tries to read from out-of-coordinate-range which leads to crash. Hope to see a fix soon.

ARGH!
...that happens when you just make a quick test before release.  :-\
I will fix this (stupid) bug when i'm back home...
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »

ARGH!

New version of "Auto Mine Ore" available!
This time i tested it at the border of the map and adjacent to worksop/stockpile with crate.
Seems to work like it should. (Not crashing and/or deconstructing workshops/crates...)
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

veri745

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »

ARGH!

New version of "Auto Mine Ore" available!
This time i tested it at the border of the map and adjacent to worksop/stockpile with crate.
Seems to work like it should. (Not crashing and/or deconstructing workshops/crates...)

Awesome!

Haven't had any issues with it today, and I'll let you know if I do...

I completely agree with Dr.Jet about having a "mine vein" option.  This mod does have the potential for danger, especially once the exploit to detect caves is fixed.

iktah

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
Kinsi, THANK YOU :D

I love this mod tbh, it really helps =)

as to the danger element of caves, just micromanage the mining around a cave area :p

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 08:49:39 AM »
New mod "Auto Fill Tunnel" is available!

After building a wall this mod checks if there is only one free tile adjacent to the builders position and queue a new build wall job at the builders position.
(In other words: it will check if there was built a wall at the end of a tunnel and queue another build wall job at the end of the tunnel...)

Before using this mod in your regular game i recommend starting a new tiny map for experimenting to check out if this mod works for you!

AndiK

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
I find that Auto Dig Vein mod really a great way to save time.

To make it not only save but safe, I've just started working on expanding it a bit. :)

In particular, I want to add the following features:
* If there's a piece of ore DIAGONALLY to the current position, cut one of the adjacent tiles out even if they don't contain ore (My gnomes often stop digging because of this)
* If a gnome would be breaking through a (known) wall, the tile should not be designated. (Prevents breaking into caves that are already discovered)

* For when I'm REALLY eager to work my way through decompiled Gnomoria: Automatic placement of torches.
-> If a tile is dug out and it would be dark even when including all torches currently designated to be built  (+ the ones built already, of course), place a new torch here.
This would probably not result in the most efficient torch patterns, but would relieve the player from some tedium. :)

Any thoughts are welcome.

Kinsi:
I've taken the liberty of basing my work on the decompiled sources of yours. I hope that's okay. :)

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 03:47:14 AM »
Kinsi:
I've taken the liberty of basing my work on the decompiled sources of yours. I hope that's okay. :)

That's okay.
When you test your mod do not forget to test if there are issues when both mods are enabled.
(If that is the case we should add a short notice like "...is not compatible with..." or "do not use with mod...".)

John2022

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 06:01:43 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your auto mining mod, it's very cool for my laggy computer ^^

I wanted to know if someone succeded to make your Smart Hide Map mod usable on the most recent version? It seems to not work properly in my kingdom.

And a last question about an idea of mod I think you 'll ba able to do : Make gnomes construct hight worth furniture FIRST. It's pain in the a$5 to construct a long line of stuff, looking for the ones which are "legendary", deconstruct in order to set them only available for construction. I guess it can induce some priority troubles between gnomes job's stack ; how to make the code choose between 2 gnomes who decided to take the same legendary crate, for exemple...

btw, bye ! :D

bordo

• Lego Maniac since 1975 (Skype: antony.bordoli1)
    • View Profile
    • My Lego Store (Not meant to be advertising, but a place to get to know me better)
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
This sounds like a cool feature (auto-mining).  Question: Will it stop right BEFORE the block at the map's edge?

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 09:52:20 AM »
This sounds like a cool feature (auto-mining).  Question: Will it stop right BEFORE the block at the map's edge?

No, if the block contains ore/gems it will be marked for mining.

bordo

• Lego Maniac since 1975 (Skype: antony.bordoli1)
    • View Profile
    • My Lego Store (Not meant to be advertising, but a place to get to know me better)
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 04:45:17 PM »
I got your mods to accept after going into the properties of the .dll and unblocking them.  I couldn't get the Faark.Gnomoria.Mods.dll to be accepted, however.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: I was a bit premature as I couldn't get the game to launch  (I will PM you the log).  I do know that my Gnomoria game has launching issues sometimes where I have to reinstall it and launch it from the installer so THAT might be why.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »
New mod "Seasons" is available!

When this mod is activated it will load a tileset based on season.
The tilesets have to be placed into the tilesets directory "/Content/Tilesheet" and the names of the tilesets have to be "spring.png", "summer.png", "fall.png" and "winter.png".

As of now there is no error handling implemented! (I hope to get some time at the weekend...)
So if you do something wrong your gnomes will die a horrible FileNotFoundException death   ;)

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »
New mod "Seasons" is available!

When this mod is activated it will load a tileset based on season.
The tilesets have to be placed into the tilesets directory "/Content/Tilesheet" and the names of the tilesets have to be "spring.png", "summer.png", "fall.png" and "winter.png".

As of now there is no error handling implemented! (I hope to get some time at the weekend...)
So if you do something wrong your gnomes will die a horrible FileNotFoundException death   ;)

Maybe it's a problem with Faark's loader, but when I try to load a save game with Seasons active the mouse doesn't line up to the screen properly. So I have to click down and to the right significantly to hit any buttons. The only mods I have active are Auto Mine Ore and Seasons.