July 20, 2017, 05:32:57 AM

Author Topic: [Modding] kinsi's tiny mods  (Read 70835 times)

Faark

• View Profile
Re: [Modding] kinsi's tiny mods
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 04:53:34 AM »
Check the second paragraph of that error message. Your windows is most likely blocking from being executed, since it was downloaded from the web. You have to unblock it via right click => ...

@Kinsi
Offering a zipped download can help to avoid this
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »
New version available!

Just a recompile for new version of Gnomoria (0.8.44.1) and Faark's Mod UI.

Download as zip file added.
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

MidianGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
Ahh, this is exactly what I need! Brilliant work.

A couple of questions though, I guess one is partly for Faark: Will the Mod UI permanently alter any of the game files and will I be able to continue playing the same save if I uninstall it?

Also, is there any reason either mod would be noticeably more taxing on my CPU?

Thanks!

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »
Mod UI does not alter the original game files, you can start "Gnomoria.exe" without any mods at any time.

There should never be a mod that changes your game in a way, that you can not play without the mod!

What do you mean by noticeable?
Things you will notice are lots of idle gnomes and a horde of trapped beetles that try to reach your yummy gnomes ;)
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

prassel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
Check the second paragraph of that error message. Your windows is most likely blocking from being executed, since it was downloaded from the web. You have to unblock it via right click => ...

@Kinsi
Offering a zipped download can help to avoid this
You were right, it works fine now.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 02:31:48 PM »
New mod "Dont Crash On Fill Hole" is available!

I tested it with Gnomoria v0.8.45 and Faark's Mod UI from 2013-07-04.

If your game still crashes please provide a savegame. Thank you!

vanda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »
I really like the idea of the smart hide mod, but currently doesn't work on Gnomoria version 0.8.46 with Faarks mini mod version 13.04.

Thank you

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »
I really like the idea of the smart hide mod, but currently doesn't work on Gnomoria version 0.8.46 with Faarks mini mod version 13.04.

Thank you

Smart Hide recompiled and tested for Gnomoria 0.8.46 and Faark's Mod UI from 2013-07-04. Should work now.

vanda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
Thank you so much, works perfectly now. Such a simple yet smart idea for a mod :)

toman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »
My Launcher doesn't recognise the files  :( I always shows some error and doesn't show it in the list.. Is there any known ways to 'cure' this?
please

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 05:16:09 AM »
My Launcher doesn't recognise the files  :( I always shows some error and doesn't show it in the list.. Is there any known ways to 'cure' this?
please

What file did you put where and what says the error message?

- You have to install Faark's Mod UI
- You have to copy/move the .dll-file (if you downloaded the zip-file you have to unzip it) into the "Mods" directory (from Faark's Mod UI)
- You have to start the Mod UI and activate the mod
- You have to create the modded files by hitting "debug_create modded" before launching the game via "launch modded game"

kreative_katt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »
I'm not sure if this is coming from my video card, Faark's mod UI, or smart-hide.  I love smart-hide and consider it essential, but may have to stop using it for now.

I like to play in windowed mode so that I can chat while I'm going.  Since I started using Faark's mod to run smart-hide (which is the only mod I have enabled) I've found that if I click on another window and then click back on Gnomoria, the game no longer detects my mouse position correctly.  It's typically off by about 2-3 inches on the screen, with the game registering my cursor as being that far above where I can see my mouse pointer.

I've run with this same windowed resolution on non-modded Gnomoria and have not encountered this problem before.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:50 PM »
I think it's the Mod UI and happens only occasionally when the Gnomoria window looses focus...

I then usually hit F4 for saving, ALT+F4 to close the game and restart it. It's annoying but it takes only some seconds and everything works again.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 04:51:36 AM »
New mod "Auto Mine Ore" is available!

This mod checks for ore in the adjacent walls of a completed mining job and queues new mining jobs to get that ore (should also work on gems).

Attention: If there is water/lava/enemies behind one of those walls your miner (and probably more of your gnomes) will die!!!

Gnomarch

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 05:40:28 AM »
I really like the smart hide mod :)

I just wish that it would somehow check for existing walls that need to be hidden, now I have to redig and rebuild everything to hide it ::)