March 24, 2017, 08:56:36 PM

Author Topic: [Modding] kinsi's tiny mods  (Read 66880 times)

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
[Modding] kinsi's tiny mods
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »
Dear fellow gnomes,

it took me some hours of my life but finaly i did it: my first mods for Gnomoria!!!

What you need!
You need Faark's Gnomoria Mod UI (can be found >here<) to use this mod.
First install the Mod UI (>instructions<), then copy my mod into the new "Mods" directory.
Start the Mod UI (GnomoriaModUI.exe) and activate my mod. That's it!

Many thanks to Faark for his Mod UI and his support!

Smart Hide
You want your base to look perfect but mined a bit too far or removed a floor and now you regret it?
Just rebuild the wall/floor and hide again what lies beyond (...to boldly dig where almost no gnome has dug before!)

Hides cells that should be no longer visible when building a wall or floor:
>Gnomoria Smart Hide.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Smart Hide.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>GnomoriaSmartHide.cs< - source

Auto Mine Ore
You don't want to waste time waiting for a miner to mine a wall with some ore and queue another mine job to mine the next wall with ore (if there is any) and so on?
This mod checks for ore after completing a mining job (regardles if there was ore) and queues more mining jobs automatically (if there is ore).

Auto queues mining job for ore:
>Gnomoria Auto Mine Ore.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Auto Mine Ore.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>GnomoriaAutoMineOre.cs< - source

Seasons
You want to see some snow in winter? You want yellow/red leaves on trees in autumn? AND you want to auto-switch tilesets based on season?
Well, here is the switch, tilesets are NOT included! (Tilesets need to be named "spring.png", "summer.png", "fall.png", "winter.png" and need to be placed in "Content/Tilesheet/".)

Auto switches tileset based on season:
>Gnomoria Seasons.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Seasons.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>GnomoriaSeasons.cs< - source

Irrigate (Underground) Farm
Flooding your castle and drowning most gnomes just to get some mud for your underground farms is fun? This mod takes away all the fun!
When you designate an underground farm all farm plots are watered and turned to mud...and no gnome has to die.

Irrigates farm plots after designating an underground farm:
>Gnomoria Irrigate Farm.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Irrigate Farm.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>GnomoriaIrrigateFarm.cs< - source

Backup Savegame (original version by Faark)
Auto backup old savegame when creating a new one.
Backups are stored in a subdirectory called "Backups".

Creates backups just in case you need them:
>Gnomoria Backup Savegame.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Backup Savegame.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>no source< - source

Exit Without Save (original version by Faark)
Displays an additional option in the pause menu to exit the game to the main menu without saving.

Exit game without saving:
>Gnomoria Exit Without Save.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Exit Without Save.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>no source< - source

Show Seed on Main Menu (original version by Faark)
Shows the seed of the map generated in the background of the main menu in the lower right corner.
Click the seed to open the map generation window with this seed.

Show seed on main menu:
>Gnomoria Show Seed Main Menu.dll< - DLL-file
>Gnomoria Show Seed Main Menu.zip< - zipped DLL-file
>no source< - source

Auto Fill Tunnel - Outdated and no longer needed:
Gnomes trapping themselfes when you try to fill a tunnel or you want a 2nd level on top of your (one tile wide) wall?
Just order one build wall job at the end of the tunnel. After building this wall the mod checks if the position of the builder is the only free tile to build another wall and queus one more.
(Before using this mod i recommend you should check out how it works on a new map. Just dig some tunnels/build some walls and experiment!)

Auto queues build wall jobs
>Auto Fill Tunnel.dll< - DLL-file
>Auto Fill Tunnel.zip< - zipped DLL-file

Dont Crash On Fill Hole - Outdated and no longer needed:
The following mod prevents Gnomoria from crashing when using the fill hole command on a hole that is not empty.
On completing the fill hole job all the objects are moved to the position of the builder.

Prevents Gnomoria from crashing (yay!):
>Dont Crash On Fill Hole.dll< - DLL-file
>Dont Crash On Fill Hole.zip< - zipped DLL-file
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:46:08 PM by kinsi »
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

KyoNeko

• View Profile
Re: [Modding] kinsi's tiny mods
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
I aint at home to test it right now, but i will say good work there. This always always bothered me and i would love to test this mod when i get home to give you feedback. The only problem i can see is that caves are getting hidden again but i can live with that for the sake of prettyness.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »
I aint at home to test it right now, but i will say good work there. This always always bothered me and i would love to test this mod when i get home to give you feedback. The only problem i can see is that caves are getting hidden again but i can live with that for the sake of prettyness.

It will not hide caves, it just checks the surrounding cells if they are still visible.
I'd like to hear some feedback, thanks in advance.
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

KyoNeko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

It will not hide caves, it just checks the surrounding cells if they are still visible.
I'd like to hear some feedback, thanks in advance.

I cant exactly understand the connection here. If i would discover a cave and block it off aftwards to prevent stuff from invading my mines, dont that means that they are acually not visable anymore? Which would then hide it. At least.. Thats how it looks like in my logic, i could be wrong on that though.

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 02:58:23 AM »
Its about natural blocks that are surrounded by other blocks. It will especially help players who wishes for an repleace corner walls command, since they don't want to see the dirt behind it.
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 05:01:15 AM »
Faark is right, it only checks for the surrounding blocks. It's only for "re-hiding" blocks, you accidentally discovered by mining too far or when you have to replace a wall in a corner.
To hide a cavern it would require a more complex approach. It is possible to do that, but it could cause a lag everytime you close a cavern...

Currently i'm working on an option in GSGE to fill underground caverns (idea from iwaniwanowitsch).
It already works, but atm it's only filling all the caverns with dirt...but i want it to fill the "holes" with the right material (check adjacent cell for material).

KyoNeko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 05:07:25 AM »
Ah, i must have understood it wrong then. But if it doesn't hide caves then it sounds perfect and i will get on it when i get the time at home to test it out. Also the filled caves does soun awsome, they ARE kind of a pain to many people.

But if im right when a map gets created it first makes everything with ores and such and then tears some caves into it right? Wouldn't it be possible to make it skip that cave generation part? I never acually made anything like a mod or even looked at any of the code, so if im thinking stupid things or thinking of something horribly complex as easy then just ignor me.

sirguylittle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
I just thought I would try this out.
Brilliant!
Just what I was looking for as now I can hide those ugly mistakes I make sometimes when I dig too far and leave something unhidden that spoils the look of everything. OCDers will know what I'm talking about ;)

At first glance I thought it would be something I would have to get the program to do afterwards as some sort of clean up operation, but I see it works automatically as your Gnomads build things.

Edit due to loss of images. See my more recent post for an example of Smart Hide in use:
http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=4571.msg59009#msg59009
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:05:11 PM by sirguylittle »

albany_

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »
I'm getting an error every time I launch the game through Faark's minimods with SmartHide activated on 8.43.1. Any chances of an update? This is exactly what I'm looking for. :)

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
I'm getting an error every time I launch the game through Faark's minimods with SmartHide activated on 8.43.1. Any chances of an update? This is exactly what I'm looking for. :)

I hope to get some time to update GSGE and this mod in the next 1-2 days.
Is there any error message you could provide?

albany_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 10:13:47 AM »
Absolutely. It's possible I'm just doing something wrong.

http://pastebin.com/mX7TJwVd (GnomoriaModded.log)

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
New version for Gnomoria 0.8.43.1 !!!

Just a recompile for new version of Gnomoria and Faark's Mod UI.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 05:54:52 PM »
Absolutely. It's possible I'm just doing something wrong.

http://pastebin.com/mX7TJwVd (GnomoriaModded.log)

File not found exception...
Did you install the latest version of Faark's Mod UI?
Please try again and use the latest version of my mod.
(Make sure to put it into the "Mods" directory.)

albany_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 09:48:19 AM »
Using the newest rev of the .dll file, this works perfectly as described. Thanks a million, this is awesome. :)

prassel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
Amazing! I've been waiting for this!

EDIT: I'm getting this error when starting the ModUI, but after confirming the error it launches fine, but without Smart Hide in the mod list. I'm using the latest version of ModUI.
http://i.imgur.com/1k1MfXS.png
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:03:53 PM by prassel »