April 25, 2017, 09:00:49 PM

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)  (Read 27713 times)

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
Re: The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 10:29:35 AM »
23. - Who wants a grape sausage?

Today our gnomes woke up like they allways do, but something was different. Our gnomes had been taken by grape-fever. Grapes are new and apparantly highly contagious. All of a sudden everything had to be gapes or made from grapes... grape bandages, grape bread, grape sausages.

Emperor Damage not being fooled of course knew that this grape-fever wasn't a true fever but something called a patch full of changes. Good changes I might add, but a few unwanted ones aswell. The changes apply to agriculture and animal keeping and the kingdom of Terrorhand has adapted quickly to this new situation succesfull, though I can imagine that Rincket the rancher might think different about it. No more slacking and relaxing for him... his job just got degraded from the lightest job to the most labour intensive.

Besides those changes, the Emperor had gotten some wise piece of advice to not underestimate our future enemies: the mants. It became clear to him that our military is anything but ready for even one of their weakest soldiers. We are in the middle of a big expansion operation tough, one we've been preparing for a long time now. Tough choices have to be made, do we turtle up, or are we continuing with the military compound?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:32:55 AM by Damage »

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
24. - Bridging a gap

Grape fever is gone now and our gnomes are back to normal. It was a shortlived epidemic but the ever resilient kingdom of Terrorhand survived it. To keep surviving, we need to do a lot of stuff really quick, because there's is the ever imminent threat of mants showing up.

Things like: gearing up our military, attracting more gnomes and most important: finish our military compound. We make quite a bit of progress with that today as we have claimed the area to be ours. Our gnomes did got harassed by those evil greenskins while building, but furtonately our very slow military was there to rescue them and most important: to save the Emperor.

We also make some very good progress with our bridge by laying the foundation for it. It's going to take quite a bit of work to finish it, but it's better to make a proper bridge right now than having to redo the whole thing when we have waves of mants and goblins to deal with.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »
25. - Bed warz

How cool is it to get discover new things only to find out they're not available to you for a while. Our gnomes invented a way of cultivating mushrooms underground, very ingenuitive and all. One small minor thing, there's no way for us to actually grow the mushrooms. There are no mushrooms at the moment and the one and only source for mushroom seeds just left Terrorhand... great.

Besides clever inventions, we make very very very good progress with our bridge. So good in fact that our gnomes actaully finish the bridge itself. I know they smuggled a few blocks here and there, but the bridge is there. We're also getting our weaponsmith so weapons are incoming really really soon too. The Emperor is very pleased with this and has ordered cupcakes for all our gnomes, there's however one thing still on his mind...

Our gnomes all of a sudden found one bed, a straw bed of all, extremely interesting. So interesting that they all want to sleep on that bed, despite the beds next to it being free, they seem to not care for that at all. It's so bad they even start fighting over it till they fall asleep on the floor. I wonder why that it is though, but I really suspect that Fizzy has hidden some Playgnome magazines in that bed... :P

cyberphenaeri

• All your base are belong to mants
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 02:51:48 AM »
Hey Emperor, just chiming in here to say what a great video series of how the early years of a Gnomoria game is troubleshooted and managed.  Your videos make me feel like I'm starting Gnomoria all over again! :)

It's still a ways to go before the might and steel of the kingdom is known by all the lands.  It will be quite a show when the invading armies start showing up, finding themselves dead of course.  I'm rooting for Terrorhand!

Also, your witty commentary on just about everything is downright funny!

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
Thank you for your kind words sir :)

The steel of Terrorhand can't be know soon enough by all the lands. Steel that you will be making! Anyway, I am glad you're enjoying it, I myself do so too ;-)

cheers

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
26. - Gearing up the military

We have fearless enemies in our lands. Well armed enemies and it's up to us to defend the realm. Terrorhand is advancing aswell though, albeit at a slow pace, right now we're at the point that we are starting to gear up our military. A nice shield for our general, a hammer, we're getting somewhere and the greenskins know it too.

We opened the gates, or rather we breached the military compound but they're scared now. Rightfully so, but it is rather inconvenient. We got the Stern Wanderers only for our defences so I can't send them out there to hunt down the goblins. But defending the kingdom they will, and their fellow gnomes too.

We we're trying to lure in gnomads when we got ambushed. Maybe it was tactics from the greenskins. Making us feel safe in our fortress and then sneaking up on us. It sure has worked as they ganged up on Infectum. Will he make it though or will he be the second casualty of Terrorhand? That is up to our other gnomes...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:13:16 AM by Damage »

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »
27. - The bridge and the bug

We have proven ourselves in combat not long ago and word of our glorious victory surely should have travelled far. It was not enough though to lure in more gnomads, but even without them, Terrorhand will grow stronger. In fact that is the exact thing that Emperor Damage has ordered: Finish the bridge and military compound so that we can strengthen our position.

It was a bit unfortunate that due to technical difficulties we had to build the bridge head out there in the open, but our fresh victory did deter any enemies from disturbing us while we put the last pieces together at the bridge entrance. It's not only the bridge that saw some progress today, but the military compound aswell.

Emperor Damage was very pleased with the progress and things were going well. Time flies when things go like that and before we knew it, the merchant arrived. In good time aswell, because we had kind of ran out of copper ore. Now our clay warrior army was good for something. Terrorhand is in good shape at the moment and things are only going to get better.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:42 AM »
28. - The great flood

The gnomes of Terrorhand have been working hard on the military compound, but this time the moment has come that we're putting it into service. Even though it isn't finished, not by a long shot, we're putting it into service anyway. Terrorhand is well known for using things that are still under construction.

Terrorhand is in the middle of summer of it's second year, but I think we are suffering from the heat and are seeing fata morganas because I could swear that Terrorhand was flooded for a moment. It must be a fata morgana because no Damage was done to any of our properties though.

Besides fakefloods and moving our military, Terrorhand is developing slow and steady. Personal quarters are on the agenda, same for the armory and soon we will be able to kit out the Stern Wanderers in some proper copper gear. Soon my gnomes, soon...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
29. - What's that? A Compound?

The big move of our military is only moments past but there's no time to celebrate. Not that anything is going wrong, but see our military staging area, a.k.a. The Compound, is far from operational and it needs a lot of work. We need to build up our towers and walls and that's work that needs to be done at the entrance.

That is also the exact reason for the Emperor to keep the fort closed for a little while longer. Till all the work is done in the vicinity of the entrance, Terrorhand will be offlimitis for enemies. And it's a lot of work, but we also get alot done. Whoever invented that time-compression trick thing get's the gratitude of the Emperor.

Besides me getting some gratitude from, well me, we get the first floor up in The Compound. It also has the double function of roof and man oh man do I like it. Where at first it was nothing more but an odd shaped enclosure, all of a sudden it's starting to look like a proper Compound now.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
30. - Personal quarter pimping

The voices in the head of Emperor Damage have spoken again and taught him some wise things to know about mants. With this newfound wisdom the Emperor is confident in the safety of Terrorhand for the time being. That also means that the compound is going to be put to a little bit lower priority. Not a bad thing as we've been building it with an maniacal obsession almost.

You might think that our gnomes would be bored pretty fast with the compound put on low prio, you'd be wrong. The Pimp my Fortress team is paying a visit to Terrorhand and will pimp out our personal quarters. At least they said they would pimp out those quarters, and they've been very busy... with delegating the work to our gnomes :P

Besides some fortress stuff we also get some bloody action at the gates. Goblins have shown up and we baptized our bridge with their blood. That's how do things in Terrorhand. Some cut a ribbon to open a bridge, we bathe it in blood of our fallen enemies. I like the latter more...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
31. - Groundhog day

What happened, we've been at this before. It seems Terrorhand is struck by an occasion of Ground Hog day. I hope it won't repeat itself more than it did already but it has happened now. Like the real Ground Hog day, we try a different thing this time around and instead of pimping out personal quarters, we pimp out the great hall... with chairs.

It's not all decorating the interior of the Terrorhand Fortress, we also take care of our military, or better put, 1 soldier of our military. A nice leather suite for our soldiers is well-deserved in my opinion as many a goblin foe has fallen already to the might of The Stern Wanderers.

Speaking about the Stern Wanderers, because we take a different approach now, the Compound is seeing more progress and we start building the grand stair way. Another thing that's also seeing some progress is our new mining operation. We started in the hope of finding some copper but instead we struck upon the motherload of all dirt... if only it were copper. Anyway, a start was made on the mining project and, if we don't have another Ground Hog day, maybe we will find some copper ore soon...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
32. - Wheelz + barrow = win

The kingdom of Terrorhand is slowly but surely starting to become more impressing than a big open dirt construction site. Take our Compound for example, it is starting to become an usable facility for our military. It is known, not only by us, but also by the denizens of The Shown Land, a.k.a. 'The greenskins', as I haven't seen them around for a while.

Maybe it's the Compound scaring the greenskins, but it could just aswell be that bloodthirsty, leathercladded lethal ninja machine that we got in our military right now. With all that shiny new leather gear, our military is starting to instill fear in our enemies heart. The Emperor is very pleased about it and is so far positively surprised by it, though he still debating what he should have his soldiers wear on their back...

It's all nice our Compound and military, but both pale in comparison to the great milestone Terrorhand reached today. A long time ago the Emperor, in one of his lucid moments, came up with an idea for his carpenter. It took the carpenter quite a while to understand the ingenuity of this idea, but now it is finally here: The wheelbarrow. Running a kingdom will never be the same again...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
33. - We struck copper

We only just got a big load of copper ore from the merchant to smelt, but we never have enough. So despite a healthy amount of ore in stocks we continue to venture down. Down into the earth in search for copper. So far though we're still setting everything up and we're still digging a shaft. Well guess what, we haven't even started mining proper and already we've struck copper. And by the looks of it, we hit a big vein aswell. Things couldn't be going better for Terrorhand.

The Emperor himself also got almost delirious from the treasures found in the depths of the fortress. He was so happy that he temporary lost focus on were the stairs should be and he might have trapped a few gnomes in the Compound. Not that it was his fault, his orders were probably misunderstood... yea that must be it :P

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »
34. - Separating head from goblin

There are days that nothing of importance happens in Terrorhand, but today is not one of them. We didn't even start mining a single block or already there are greenskins knocking at our front door. Hell we haven't even butchered the corpses of their brethren yet and already more follow. Good for us we got some military gnomes guarding the gates and they're eager to put them to the test. What was that saying again: This is were we separate the heads from the goblins? :P

Besides bloody carnage at our Compound, it seems that we have also found the motherload of copper right in our very own mineshaft. No need for an extensive labyrinth of tunnels and layer after layer of strip mining, it was all right in our very own mineshaft. Needless to say, the Emperor is very pleased with it as our military is going to get some very very serious gear upgrades once we got it all smelted.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
35.- Beds and Battles

After lots and lots of Compound construction, the Emperor has deemed it fit that the focus of Terrorhand is on somehting else. A little bit of interior upgrading. This course of actions had already been set in motion last time by lightning up the whole place, but more needs to be done. Take those haystacks, which some gnomes still dare to call 'bed', it's about time we replace them for some proper beds.

It's also time that we start setting up a distillery and start distilling some wine out of all that fruit. Yeap, here in Terrorhand we don't drink that weak and bleak 15% wine, we drink 40% distilled wine! Not to say that our gnomes are alcoholic, though who knows what comes out of those wells...

The master artist of Terrorhand is creating great splendor in the Terrorvault and things are going well. So well that, as always, it has attracted some (un)wanted attention of our neighbour greenskins. And, as always, things don't end so well for them. Our military is still waiting for their gear upgrades and already they're butchering the goblins like cattle at an abbatoir, I can only imagine the gore that will happen once they do have their gear upgrades...