June 25, 2017, 06:53:39 PM

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)  (Read 29483 times)

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
Re: The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »
11. - Trading for copper

The aftermath of our first battle is a heavy one. The death of one of our founding gnomes takes it's toll on the kingdom. But resilient as we are, we take our losses and move on. We won't forget Mersula any time soon though as we're really noticing that she's not there.

Things advance at a snails pace in the fort now as I, the Emperor, have to do the mining too, along with the building. But I won't complain and as the leading example for our gnomes I do what needs to be done for the realm.

Despite the lack of a gnome we're still expanding and preparing to start up our own armor and weapons industry so we can arm ourselves better against... well Mr. Bear for example. Who decided to come back, see if he could snatch any more gnomes.

We will need metal for our armor and weapons industry and as it just happened, a merchant visited. How nice is it that we have some unused statuettes lying around. Makes a perfect item to trade. However the one thing that we really needed wasn't brought by the merchant, so we decided to go for copper instead. Not a bad alternative and we struck a good deal: all our straw and useless statuettes for most of his copper, sealed and confirmed by giving him a skull of our enemies... atleast that's what we told the merchant. I wonder wether or not he took the whole horned goblin thing when he asked about the horns on the skull... :P

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
12. - Carpentry Shenanigans

It's always nice to hit the take screenshot button instead of the start recording button. I've been talking to myself for 15 minutes yay. Lucky for me, not much has happened.

With the fort closed for outsiders it's time to expand as there are many things we still need before we are somewhat ready for greatness and inducement of terror into our enemies. High on the prio list our metal industry. I want weapons of our own and armor so we can get a proper military instead of nudists :P

With the death of Mersula, things go at a snails pace. But I found the solution, it's that small button on the top of the screen with 2 arrows in it. It makes things, well all of them really, go faster :) A perfect solution to the speed at which our kingdom is growing.

Problem is though that we need to mine out a new area, build torches, replace walls and floors with dirt and build workshops. Guess who has to do all that stuff? Yeap me, the Emperor and I am close to a burnout with this kind of workload.

To help with the speed at which our kingdom is growing, Sild thought to poke fun at me by filling up the carpenters place with sticks and bellows. He made so many that theres no more room for anything and now the carpenters place can't be used anymore.

However resourcefull as we are, we come with a solution. A stockpile for all those things Sild made us. Seems though that Sild has made a plot against me as all the gnomes act like there's no stockpile and they demonstratively start dragging stuff to every stockpile but the one stockpile for the sticks.

I mean, have we mistreated our gnomes or so? I think they're just being childish. Anyway, lesson learned from this: when you want something done, it's best to do it yourself... and that is exactly what Emperor Damage does.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 11:23:28 AM »
13. - Reinforcements

We go from one oddity to the next. Last video we had our carpentry completely messed up, and I accuse Sild for sabotaging it really. This video we got a bonecarve workshop that for a magical and unknown reason cannot be used by anyone.

At first I thought that Rincket was striking, you know trying to get better working conditions. But when even I myself refused to bonecarve over there in that workshop, there must be something really wrong with it. Maybe it hasn't been cleaned and there's filth everywhere? Maybe the spirits of the animals from the bones carved there haunt the place? We will never find out I am affraid.

Now it wasn't really high priority, but it did bug me that the bonecarving didn't get done. Luckily for us good things happen too! We go extra hands, much needed extra hands. Though it was only 2, they are direly needed and will make things go a lot faster now. Maybe we will finally get a move on with our metal industry...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 01:29:26 PM »
14. - Getting a move on

At long last we have been reinforced and man was it needed. We had backlogs so long you could wipe your ass twice with it and still have some left :P Things are getting a move on now though and that's good.

All of our torches get build, we crank out 2 workshops and a third almost done, we expand our dormitory and mine out a new truly great Great hall and we do lots more aswell. Good tidings are upon us now and things go well. Emperor Damage is pleased with it and will be even more pleased when the trader shall arrive.

We have stuff to trade and we need to trade badly. We need more copper because that anvil used up all of our copper resources... 1 anvil. We also need alpaca's because we're in fall and that can only mean one thing: Winter is coming...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 01:59:58 PM »
15. - Lazy miners and alpacas

The realm is rapidly moving forward as our metal industries start to take shape. The new gnomes make a difference and things go well. Time flies when things go well and before we knew it, word had spread that a merchant was on it's way to the glorious kingdom of Terrorhand.

Time to secure the area so the merchant would have a safe travel to the castle. Nedolpit, the new miner was in charge of opening / closing the gates to the fort. The merchant arrived and all was well, except that he had a honeybadger on his tail.

Our military squared of against this dangerous foe, but foolish Nedolpit closed the gates while the Stern Wanderers were defending the realm. Only to go to bed right after closing the gate... Will the Stern Wanderers live to see another day? I know one thing though, there will be severe punishment for one very very lazy miner in particular... now where did I put that whip?

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »
16. - Hey gnome, where's your brain?

As the kingdom of Terrorhand is ever expanding and towards might and glory we're starting to run out of surface space in our fort. Seeing these issues arise, the wise Emperor Damage decided that it is time we start preparing for an expansion of the fort.

We're not ready to expand straight away though, we need more gnomes in the kingdom. We're working on it though with a soon to be splendid great hall. So in preparation for our expansion, Emperor Damage ordered that we tidy up the fort and start making maximum use of the surface available.

Wise choices were made indeed, if only all of our gnomes were as wise as Emperor Damage. Our miner sure isn't, he lost his brains while mining somewhere he wasn't supposed to. He even manages to get himself trapped on a floating floor tile... the pinnacle of stupidity. Despite him, we make good progress, and it tastes good and I want more...

Lemmium

• Fire and Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »
I really like these! For some reason I keep watching them, maybe it's your voice  :P

Aavak

• View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
Wow, I really like the graphics you've made for these posts! The font especially, it almost looks like you've hand drawn it!

Excellent work on the thread, and a very fun LP to boot :)

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
@Lemmium
Well thank you very much

@Aavak
Thank you very much aswell, I am most pleased with it myself too. I got the idea from your thread, I really like the way you have those banner kind of things in your thread. I was like, I think I'll ninja that idea a little bit ^^

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »
17. - Improv(is)ed armaments

Our gnomes are working hard and tirelessly in preparation for the big expansion. Things are going well, even Nedolpit is working, that says a lot. Besides prepping for the expansion, our gnomes also finished our Great Hall. At least the flooring of it, and as expected, it is splendid! It is worth ± 800 or so, but because it's so splendid and the floordesign is so special, Gnomads will think it's worth at least 3200! We're selling our kingdom well though :)

It's not only the gnomes though that are working hard. Our 1 male yak is not lying still either as we have had a Yaxplosion :P  You don't hear me complaining though. When I look at those yaks, I see juicy walking beefsteaks that are going to be delicious during winter.

All of the above is good and awesome and surely contributing to the might and glory of Terrorhand. However our military is left behind a bit, we don't have any weapon / armor industries yet, but general Barnabus has found the solution. He just grabbed some dirt lying around and used it as a shield. Way to go general Barnabus, you will inflict Terror upon our enemies with your new armaments...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »
18. - Winter is coming

Winter is coming, a fact that's as true as water being wet. Winter is special in Terrorhand, it's the first winter that our kingdom has to survive, but we are prepared for it. We got foodpiles big enough to last us for 5 winters in a row.

This winter we also got a gnomad, though I am a bit dissappointed by the splendor of our great hall. I thought we would get like 3 - 4 gnomads, but apparantly our great hall is not all that majestic as I thought. Still we make do with the gnomads that we get.

That new Gnomad is of great value as we start with our first big operation to the fort. So far it has only been setting up industries and stuff, but now that we have the most of em (well apart from the metal industries, but that's another story) it is time to give our fort a facelift.

Winter is the perfect time for it, our farmers will be haulers for a season and our new gnomad is a seasonal miner to speed things along. We make good progress aswell and hopefully, once spring arrives, our fort will be more mighty and more glorious. Maybe we'll be ready to expand our fort a bit by spring...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:52:54 AM by Damage »

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »
19. - The council of Terror

The kingdom of Terrorhand is undergoing a (sur)facelift at the moment and a lot of things are getting improved and prepared for our first expansion. Important decisions have to be made. Decisions that will impact the future and should not be taken lightly. Therefore, the wise emperor Damage formed a council with 2 of his most trusted gnomes: The council of Terror.

The big plan for the expansion was unveiled at the Terrormeet. Big it certainly is and I sincerely hope that the preparations for the plan will be finished before spring. Lots of things get done and we are making good progress.

The merchant didn't make all that good progress though. I think he got stuck in all that transparant snow piling up outside. Or maybe a transparant blizzard... who knows...

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »
20. - Mariostyle military

Our first winter is harsh. It's so cold that even the water refuses to freeze to ice. Leaves are frozen stuck onto the trees and don't fall off. Transparant snow is piling up meters high at our walls, yet our gnomes care little for all they want is to expand. Or to be more precize: finish the preparations for expanding.

That is coming along quite nicely. The whole preparation consists of 2 phases really and the first one, terraforming, is close to being finished. It does leave us with a bit of an oddshaped kingdom as we have our military training on a hoverisland connected by a thin line of stairs. Gnomads passing by will probably think that we're on magic mushrooms...

Since the grand plan was unveiled already, we commence building straight away but damn is it tedious. So tedious that our superintelligent miner can't make sense of it anymore and decides to do his old trick again... imprison himself. He should really se a gnomologist or something and get help. Still we make good progress and as winter nears it end, we have got the foundations of our first true building ready :)

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
21. - New year skirmishes

Construction is a difficult thing for our gnomes and without the guidance of a wise emperor it wouldn't get done at all. Luckily, Terrorhand does have a wise emperor and construction goes quite well. With the foundation of our grand entrance to the fort built, we start construction of the grand stairs. I mean what is a grand entrance without a grand stairs right?

However as we near the new year, lots of things are about to happen. We might see new and powerfull foes. We might see new and hopefully powerfull gnomes and we might see new and glorious architecture. These rumours about new enemies does make our gnomes a bit on edge though.

To take that edge away, the Emperor understood that our gnomes needed tales of glorious victories of our military. And thus we had a little skrimish at our gates. A succesfull one, which ended in 2 - 0 for us versus the greenskins. If only Rincket wasn't so quick with taking away the corpses for saucagefication... I would have loved some greenskin head on pikes on our walls.... :P

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
22. - The terracotta Gnome-army

Fresh blood is added to our population to bolster our military forces. The kingdom of Terrorhand almost has a full squad of soldiergnomes to protect the realm and guard the gates. With our military now being of a somewhat usable size, it's time to put them onto serious duty.

No more training with fake swords and stuff, this time the gates will be left open and they will face real enemies. Those fake swords did their job pretty well though as the goblins we face, well, I wouldn't say we win, we slaughter them. I mean biting their heart out, that's no ordinary victory, that's massacring the greenskins.

In the meantime it's not only our military kicking ass, the rest of our gnomes are kicking some serious ass in the construction of our gatehouse. Besides construction, we also start building statuettes to trade with the merchant, but we do have a bit of a storage issue. Apparantly our gnomes can't store them in crates, so we build a large underground room to store our clay statues...

It does resemble the Terracotta Army quite a lot... Now I know why  Qin Shi Huang made his Terracotta Army back in the day: lack of crates to store his statues in :P