September 20, 2017, 11:56:38 PM

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)  (Read 32061 times)

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:15:27 PM »
Seeing this new section here on the forums, I thought this would be the perfect place to say:
Hi, I am Damage and I just started a new game in Gnomoria and I will be putting it on Youtube, with me harassing your ears :P

The kingdom of Terrorhand, while still young, is led to glory and greatness by me: Emperor Damage. And you can be part of it, come check it out!

Here's a link to the playlist with all the earlier episodes in it aswell:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWeLjaenrEaR5Dgs76YMxZkP-vVUGuJoY

And here's the list of episodes so far:

Tips, suggestions are all welcome, or perhaps a gnome named after you? It's all possible in the kingdom of Terrorhand.

See you there  8)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:18:18 PM by Damage »

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
Re: The Kingdom of Terrorhand (let's play)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
*Seeing how other people update their forum posts, I am going to be very original and do the exact same thing  8)

1. - The Kingdom of Terrorhand

Welcome to the kingdom of Terrorhand, ruled by Emperor Damage the builder. Yeap, I am building my own empire. Currently though there isn't much glory to ruling the kingdom of Terrorhand. In fact, as a ruler I got my hands as dirty as my subjects.

After our mysterious appearance in the world, we pick a nice spot to start building up our empire. That starts with a wall. Safety first, that's a hard lesson learned from like 5 or 6 kingdoms gone to ruin. We also get some of the essentials down, but a lot of this video is just me explaining the game a bit. This is not intended as a tutorial series though so we will pick up the gameplay quite quickly in the next video.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:26:42 PM by Damage »

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
2. - The great wall of Terror... hand

We're scrambling to get our gnomes behind safe walls and we manage to get that done! The great wall of Terrorhand, build by The Emperor, is finished and it's made out of... well dirt. Still it's something and it's better than nothing.

We also start working on the bridges we need for the entry to our dirt-enclosed wilderniss. And, to top it of, we also make the beginning of our industries by building our first workshop.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
3. - The royal straw bed

Our kingdom, if you could call it that, is in dire need of some accommodations for our gnomes. Perfect time to make some dorms for them, and while we're at it, we've build a Great Hall too. And it's worth 0... -.-

We've also made a royal bedroom for Emperor Damage, though it seems we have 2 Emperors at the moment as Bangelberse thinks himself king and takes a nap in the royal bedroom... what was he thinking! Everything turns out good though and we actaully got ourself some carpentry going now.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
4. - From wilderness to workyard

With the wall of terror out there, some basic accommodations and our first workshops, I say it's time we start tidying up the place. Make it look like a proper kingdom and not like some dirt enclosed wilderness. We actually manage to do that quite well, I might say. Now our kingdom is looking like a construction site... wood lying around everywhere and stuff is being build.

It's progress we're making. With help of the magic tricks of Bangelberse things are coming along nicely. Man I wish I knew how he can replace complete blocks adjacent to water without letting a single drop get into our gnomehole.

Another thing that we got, and that's going to be a really important one soon, is the well and it's actually a workshop... that workshop well though is going to save our gnomes from dying of thirst when we run out of strawberry wine.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
5. - The first buildings

We got so many things to do and build that Emperor Damage, in his wisdom, decided that we need to get our building material supplies sorted. Right now we've haphazardly placed a few workshops here and there in our dirt enclosure, but it's time we set up some proper industries to speed up the rise of our kingdom.

Everything goes well with the whole setting-up-our-industry thing till we start with the second building. Or rather the walls of it, as I wouldn't dare call it a building in it's current state. When we want to go down, the planning wasn't as thorough as Emperor Damage thought it was. Happens to be that our farm building is right above our great hall and dormitory, which makes digging a basement a little bit hard -.-

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 01:40:07 PM »
6. - The production pipeline

After we deal with the thorough planning we did for the placement of our buildings, we go ahead and start setting up some true wood industries. In his wisdom, Emperor Damage has it set up as a pipeline for optimal production speed. Just the thing we want in our kingdom.

But the wood industry is not our only concern. The well being of our future military is high on the wish list and in record time (at least for us) we conjure up the cotton industries. Right now we're a bit short in gnome power to start making those bandages full time, but that should change soon. And we will need those bandages as enemies have been sighted near our gates, or block of mud on a bridge. Though it was only a monitor lizard passing by, where there's one, more will follow.

*Hay fever for the loss, when I recorded this. Looming as a verb for the win! :P

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:40 AM »
7. - Our first gnomads

Terrorhand is growing under the wise rule of Emperor Damage. Farms are being harvested, trees are growing and food is being made. As time goes by we're setting up more and more workshops to serve our needs. We got kitchens now, cloth industries and  more is coming.

The dirt(y) foundation we build for our buildings finally serve a purpose as we're starting to make them into proper buildings. Though we're not done yet with that, thanks to me being decisive as ever.

As time passes, so do the seasons and the kingdom of Terrorhand made it through the first spring. Not quite the achievement as we haven't seen any enemies other than the monitor lizard passing by. But new seasons bring new gnomes and we got a few gnomads!

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
8. - Meet Captain Terror

New Gnomes have come and they're not even in our fort yet, but already I've put them to work straight away. The most important jobs for them are the military ones. Now that new gnomes have found their way to our kingdom, I am sure new enemies will find that way too.

We're preparing for them though as the Stern Wanderers are training rigorously for their first encounter with our new enemies. So far their first trial most likely will be a honey badger, but hey you have to start somewhere.

Our new gnomes also greatly improve the efficiency of our fort as things get build and dragged around much faster now. More hands = more work done, a statment that proves true once again. More and more things start to look organized and tidy, it almost looks like a fort and kingdom...

Barney321

• what an odd looking gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 01:09:43 PM »
Greta post man, i have already seen some of them on youtube before i found them here :), i was just wondering (hoping) that you could name a military squad leader after my *persona* *General Barnabus*? :D
To feel the wind in my face as my sword meets your skull :D

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
Sure, you'll be the squad leader of the Stern Wanderers and most likely you'll be put to the test straight away against that honeybadger that was skulking around on the other side of the bridge ;-)

Barney321

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
oohhh *kill the pigeon!!*... err, i mean Honey Badger :D, thanks mate :)

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 09:17:47 AM »
9. - Meet the neighbours

Our military is in place, our stocks are piling up and Emperor Damage is ruling with a steady course to prosperity. Something that hasn't gone unnoticed I'm afraid. Our Neighbours from The Shown Land have taken interest in what we're doing.

I must say that our neighbours are a bit weird, they got greenskin, they have bald females and all of them have the same name: goblin, with no capital! Details details though as Emperor Damage has looked them in the eyeball from his royal quarters and saw their intentions. They're not good.

General Barnabus is here now however, and he will keep the realm safe. At least that's what he promised at his application, we have yet to see how true those words are. He hasn't come into action yet as the honeybadger has legged it. Not so strange when you're staring at the (mud)gate of Terrorhand. But Barnabus will be put to the test pretty soon as word has arrived that merchants are on their way and with all those wildlings and green bald females out there, Barnabus needs to ensure a save arrival.

Damage

• View Profile
    • Me on Youtube
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
10. - Testing the military

So far General Barnabus has been getting of easy, but the time has come for him to show his worth for the realm. He has been training with just Jeff for a while now and I think he's more then ready for his first true combat experiences.

Now there where some practice targets.... eh neighbours that we haven't said hello to and I think it's a perfect first mission for General Barnabus. Before he gets to it though, they legged it. Seems to me that just the name is enough to induce terror into our neighbours, but hey it's in the name of the kingdom right?

Luckily for Barnabus, there's also a bear lurking around in the woods, so we get him to practice on the wild beast instead. Turns out that Barnabus isn't such a great bearfighter after all. Barely a few minutes in the fight hes severely wounded, but he makes it to the first aid station in time. He only bled dry during the trip to the first aid station, so nothing bad happened.

The bear though, being angry decides to go for a full out assault and that turns out to be quite successfull...

Barney321

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
oohhh finally some action :D

i have not had any time to see the updated vids yet, i will watch them this weekend

Lets hope things turn out well for Barnabus and he get's the princess etc XD