The first pass on auto crafting was meant to be an all or nothing option to enable certain playstyles. I was expecting many players who are already used to managing the process manually to disable auto crafting. Some of the feedback was that experienced players might use the option if it had some methods for more control.
With this update, there is now an option to toggle automatically crafting missing ingredients per job. For craft jobs in a workshop, the option is in the craft menu alongside "Repeat" and "Craft To". For other jobs (like building furniture, workshops, etc), the option is in the job information window.
The previous option of globally auto crafting, has been changed to be the default setting for new jobs. With the setting on, new jobs will default to generating craft jobs and you can turn it off for specific jobs while the opposite is true when the setting is disabled. Individual Workshops also now have an option to disallow generated jobs from being added to its job queue.
You guys also made it very clear that some undesired Squad behavior was higher priority than I thought. This update should help minimize gnomes rushing into battle without armor or weapons. They will no longer bandage themselves and go back into combat without a weapon. They'll also no longer strip off armor when an upgrade is available, one that is potentially in the middle of an ongoing battle. Finally, (and less drastic) they will no longer go chasing after wild animals who just want some peace and quiet.General
- Gnomes no longer immediately unequip items when they find an upgrade. They will leave it equipped until they start to equip the new item.
- Gnomes no longer leave weapons on the ground when eating, drinking or bandaging
- Squads with "Defend Gnomes" will no longer attack enemies who aren't a threat, ie wild animals who are trying to run away
- Added an option for individual jobs to automatically create craft jobs for missing components
- Gameplay setting for globally generating craft jobs has been changed to be the default setting for newly created jobs
- Added a Workshop setting to toggle whether generated jobs can be queued at the workshop or not
- Added a basic in game Help window
- Better error logging for some crashes
- Crash when loading constructions under rare conditions
- Crash when saving after deconstructing a workshop with generated jobs
- Crash when loading a mechanical wall that is in the process of squishing someone
- Some generated craft jobs that create a new material (bronze, steel, etc) were generating incorrect jobs when they were indirectly queued by a third job. For example, crafting a bronze bar would correctly queue a craft tin bar job, but crafting a bronze armor plate would queue a bronze bar job that would incorrectly queue another bronze bar job, which would repeat filling up the workshop queue.
- Dig Hole sometimes not also removing the lower wall
- Deconstruct job on a workshop sometimes cancels when a gnome is trying to craft at that workshop
- Smelter missing from Workshop build list