July 30, 2014, 10:21:12 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.8.32 released  (Read 9795 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.8.32 released
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
The first pass on auto crafting was meant to be an all or nothing option to enable certain playstyles.  I was expecting many players who are already used to managing the process manually to disable auto crafting.  Some of the feedback was that experienced players might use the option if it had some methods for more control.

With this update, there is now an option to toggle automatically crafting missing ingredients per job.  For craft jobs in a workshop, the option is in the craft menu alongside "Repeat" and "Craft To".  For other jobs (like building furniture, workshops, etc), the option is in the job information window.

The previous option of globally auto crafting, has been changed to be the default setting for new jobs.  With the setting on, new jobs will default to generating craft jobs and you can turn it off for specific jobs while the opposite is true when the setting is disabled.  Individual Workshops also now have an option to disallow generated jobs from being added to its job queue.

You guys also made it very clear that some undesired Squad behavior was higher priority than I thought.  This update should help minimize gnomes rushing into battle without armor or weapons.  They will no longer bandage themselves and go back into combat without a weapon.  They'll also no longer strip off armor when an upgrade is available, one that is potentially in the middle of an ongoing battle.  Finally, (and less drastic) they will no longer go chasing after wild animals who just want some peace and quiet.

General
  • Gnomes no longer immediately unequip items when they find an upgrade.  They will leave it equipped until they start to equip the new item.
  • Gnomes no longer leave weapons on the ground when eating, drinking or bandaging
  • Squads with "Defend Gnomes" will no longer attack enemies who aren't a threat, ie wild animals who are trying to run away
  • Added an option for individual jobs to automatically create craft jobs for missing components
  • Gameplay setting for globally generating craft jobs has been changed to be the default setting for newly created jobs
  • Added a Workshop setting to toggle whether generated jobs can be queued at the workshop or not
  • Added a basic in game Help window
  • Better error logging for some crashes

Fixed
  • Crash when loading constructions under rare conditions
  • Crash when saving after deconstructing a workshop with generated jobs
  • Crash when loading a mechanical wall that is in the process of squishing someone
  • Some generated craft jobs that create a new material (bronze, steel, etc) were generating incorrect jobs when they were indirectly queued by a third job.  For example, crafting a bronze bar would correctly queue a craft tin bar job, but crafting a bronze armor plate would queue a bronze bar job that would incorrectly queue another bronze bar job, which would repeat filling up the workshop queue.
  • Dig Hole sometimes not also removing the lower wall
  • Deconstruct job on a workshop sometimes cancels when a gnome is trying to craft at that workshop
  • Smelter missing from Workshop build list

Tsunamori

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.8.32 released
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
Bob, I know this place is not for requests, all these features that you're adding and fabulous, especially the gnomes not dropping their stuff everywhere for eating, but could you try for the next update to implement some sort of way of changing the floor tiles without having to dismantle workshops/furniture and deleting stockpiles? Maybe by temporarily disabling them while the floor below them is not complete. It really is a crucial thing in my opinion, it holds back fortress developing a lot.

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »
This is a great update, thanks robob0b!

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »
This is seriously great! Finally you coded some sense into my troops!

Lets see how this new auto-cue settings play. I cant really understand them from just reading them, I have to admit. Play and you will see...
Edit: its pretty straight forward. I do love it - just disable it in furnaces, sawmills and stoneworkers, and you are pretty much set. Beautifully executed  :D

@Tsunamori: I dont see the neccecity for that. Its quite common to have to stop working if you want to renovate. Sure its more click-work... but surely removing that isnt really that needed or even pressing? Also, please use the suggestion thread, the patch thread is more for patch relevated things and also cheering if we get cool stuff. Like we just did.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:49:23 PM by Merry76 »
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

General Suggestion Collection Thread New and improved Suggestion List

SyberSmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
Disassembling and reassembling things can be a little annoying when upgrading the floor.  But at the same time I do not run into the issue that much.  It is not like I am swapping out the floors each day.  Really I would be happy with laying out the work order for upgrading the floor and when a builder comes to a workshop, they tear it down, put down the tiles, and then rebuild it right there.  So once the nine tiles are laid a work order is placed automatically to rebuild.

I am more interested in knowing what he plans to do when it comes to the quality of workbenches.  But that is probably on a long to do list so I am thankful that my peons....I mean gnomes will now not drop their arms and armor while in a fight...well unless it is knocked out of their hands.

Note/thought: I do find it a little more annoying that when I tear down a workbench I have to re-input the queue of tasks I had previously.  This can take a little.  Instead of auto tear down I would be much happier if I could "export" that queue as a ledger, book, or scroll and then have it used in a new/empty workshop of the same type.  It is not the stopping of work that is annoying...it is having to redo 20 different items in that workshop that is.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:37:25 PM by SyberSmoke »

Temeez

• View Profile
    • IndieFansite
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »
Squad patch, thank you!
Does your game crash? Use bugzilla and post your crash in there if its not already!
Location of Gnomoria crash log: \Documents\My Games\Gnomoria\gnomoria.log

Use imgur for image uploading! - Don't use ImageShack please :)

IRC Chat

Thorium1

• Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
Now only wake up soldiers and the military is set.
What is dead may never die, but rises again... as zombies.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »

With a bell or something :)
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

General Suggestion Collection Thread New and improved Suggestion List

Twelfth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
Wow, so many great changes in this release! I'm excited, thanks for the hard work!

TransWorlder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »
Had the issue in 0.8.31 as well as 0.8.32 but I can't recall if I had it in an older version to verify.

When building a training ground until you have 2 training dummies made of the same material it will not work. I had a pine & applewood sitting there made and kept trying to figure out why my builder would just keep running back and forth past the workshop queued task just stocking items. I made another training dummy and it just so happened that it was birch. So now I have 3 dummys and not training ground. As soon as I build another dummy I have 2 of a given type and it builds fine.

-TW

Thorium1

• Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
Had the issue in 0.8.31 as well as 0.8.32 but I can't recall if I had it in an older version to verify.

When building a training ground until you have 2 training dummies made of the same material it will not work. I had a pine & applewood sitting there made and kept trying to figure out why my builder would just keep running back and forth past the workshop queued task just stocking items. I made another training dummy and it just so happened that it was birch. So now I have 3 dummys and not training ground. As soon as I build another dummy I have 2 of a given type and it builds fine.

-TW

That's intended.

Earlier you could build a birch table with 3 apple wood planks, a birch plank, 3 pine wood sticks and one birch stick. It just seemed against logic to name it a birch table anymore.
What is dead may never die, but rises again... as zombies.

SlyGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »
I don't think I'll be using the auto-queuing even with the improvements, but the military stuff is awesome.

I would also really appreciate this. I've taken to building my first great hall over spring and then converting it to private quarters for my military at the start of summer just to hopefully minimize the number of times I'll be attacked with them sleeping.

TransWorlder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

-TW

I know that was put in for making items, but didn't realize it was put in place for making workshops. When I build a workshop I can use a wooden table or a stone table and I can use the opposite chair (so stone table & wooden chair or wooden table & stone chair) and there is no issue.

I agree that making items became a problem most notably with make bar that would use 2 different types of ore, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't put in place for workshops and I know it doesn't work that way on other workshops. So if training grounds are working AS EXPECTED then all the rest of the workshops are broken because they don't act the same way :)

-TW

That's intended.

Earlier you could build a birch table with 3 apple wood planks, a birch plank, 3 pine wood sticks and one birch stick. It just seemed against logic to name it a birch table anymore.

ghost15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »
Thanks for the Update! My only real annoyance (Soldiers running into battle naked or weaponless due to eating/bandaging) is resolved!

Thanks for increasing the average IQ of my soldiers, I think my village will survive much better now!

Keep up the great work

P.S. is it bad I have to check the site every hour if I can on Tuesdays waiting to get 'my fix' of a gnome update?

Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »
My Desura hasn't updated it yet. I have restarted desura 3 times and even restarted my whole computer. I did 'verify files' too. I start the game and it's still .31.

It usually takes some time before Desura updates, it's been as long as 24 hours before, but usually within 6-12 hours (but sooner is possible).
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specified as such.