August 01, 2014, 07:34:29 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.8.31 released  (Read 10942 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.8.31 released
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:09 PM »
The big change for this update is automatically creating jobs for missing ingredients.  When building a construction or crafting at a workshop, jobs which are missing ingredients will queue an additional job to craft each ingredient at the appropriate workshop if able.  Jobs will only generate for the next missing ingredient, one ingredient at a time.

When generating a new job, the closest workshop is selected, which can be the same workshop as the one creating the job.  When specifying a material, the generated job will specify that material as well, ie building a pine table will generate craft pine plank jobs.  Generated jobs can't be cancelled directly, but they indicate which job created it with a button to view that job (and cancel if necessary).  In general, letting jobs be automatically generated will take longer than managing the process manually.

General
  • Automatically generate crafting jobs
  • Reorder tabs in workshop UI to be consistent with other UI.  Default tab is still the crafting tab
  • Adjusted gnomad formula so that more gnomads arrive earlier and less later
  • Adjusted enemy spawn strength formula such that slightly higher Kingdom Worth is needed for each stage
  • Reduced mant worker spawns by 20%

Fixed
  • Crash with smelt jobs where the item was no longer available
  • Armor that can't be used, remaining on the map after a goblin left.  These shouldn't appear anymore and are deleted when loading old saves.
  • Items not reducing Kingdom Worth if a goblin dropped it, picked it back up and then left the map
  • Items sometimes adding their value to Kingdom Worth a second time when a gnome dies
  • General Kingdom Worth calculation fixes
    • Additional checks to ensure Kingdom Worth isn't incorrectly changed
    • Always recalculate Kingdom Worth on load.  Previously, it was only recalculated for specific save games

Temeez

• View Profile
    • IndieFansite
Re: Gnomoria v0.8.31 released
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
Thank you! Keep it up.

BTW. When might the "armor skill not rising" bugs turn to die?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:13:40 PM by Temeez »
Does your game crash? Use bugzilla and post your crash in there if its not already!
Location of Gnomoria crash log: \Documents\My Games\Gnomoria\gnomoria.log

Use imgur for image uploading! - Don't use ImageShack please :)

IRC Chat

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »
Thank you! I can't wait to try this update out with a New Game.

Twelfth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »
Excellent, I can't wait to play it!

I'm curious about this too! Is it a bug or just not implemented yet?

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
Fixed
  • General Kingdom Worth calculation fixes
    • Additional checks to ensure Kingdom Worth isn't incorrectly changed
    • Always recalculate Kingdom Worth on load.  Previously, it was only recalculated for specific save games

Cool, now I can retest all the weird Kingdom Worth savegame files that are lying in the GnomeWorldPool Dropbox! (and clean them out if they work)

This patch rocks.

Not so sure about the autoque - it doesnt really seem to be something that slows you down, quite the contrary. If you produce beforehand, you bog down your workshops (if you lack haulers). If you just let everything autoque, this happens much less. So autoque is definatly more efficient, save maybe for planks/blocks and food (food autoque doesnt work, for obvious reasons).

Do you plan on letting the crafter that is missing the items run up to the workshops that produce said items to order them? That would totally be awesome! It seems kind of odd that the workshops know automatically that you need another chair...
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

General Suggestion Collection Thread New and improved Suggestion List

nobogui

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »
  • Adjusted gnomad formula so that more gnomads arrive earlier and less later
  • Adjusted enemy spawn strength formula such that slightly higher Kingdom Worth is needed for each stage
  • Reduced mant worker spawns by 20%

Right after I started a new world without mants... Keep it up though; I'm addicted.

hydragorgon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:28:26 PM »
Thanks alot Robobob.  It's really cool you took in to account the mant balance so early in the design.  i think this will really open up playstyles, especially for the newer players.   awesome.

hydragorgon

Shodan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
Yay for the patch and it's controversial content.
The balancing changes look promising, nice fixes.

I will test the new version tomorrow. If only Desura wouldn't take so long to give us the updates :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:35:03 PM by Shodan »

Zinatic

• Strawberry ogre?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
Right after I started a new world without mants... Keep it up though; I'm addicted.

Hehe, same thing here. Got sort of boring without mants though, might just go ahead and restart once I get the patch. Got a drowned ogre refusing to despawn as well, effectively shutting down my butcher's (as it's set to automatically butcher corpses, but no gnome can reach the dead ogre, meaning the workshop never moves down the butcher list). Yeah, restart it is.

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
If only Desura wouldn't take so long to give us the updates :D
At least you don't have to search for an crazy old mail every few weeks :D

___

Is it just me, or is that new version running slower? Its a smaller pc (1gb ram) as well as an old save (Year 7, lots of stuff in stockpiles, etc). Ofc I'm comparing unmodified versions :)

Shodan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
Got a drowned ogre refusing to despawn as well, effectively shutting down my butcher's (as it's set to automatically butcher corpses, but no gnome can reach the dead ogre, meaning the workshop never moves down the butcher list). Yeah, restart it is.
I had a bear that fell to his death in a pool of water, 2 layers deep.
My butcher stopped working and it took me ages to figure out that he had this bear on his wishlist.
Took me some time and effort to get rid of all the water, but could finally recover the corpse.
WHooo, man was I happy to solve this puzzle :D

Darthlawsuit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »
Adjusted gnomad formula so that more gnomads arrive earlier and less later
Adjusted enemy spawn strength formula such that slightly higher Kingdom Worth is needed for each stage
Reduced mant worker spawns by 20%

Now I may be able to open my gates once more

Soooo many much needed fixes! Great patch Robob0b!
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=1933.0

Lobstarooo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
Hehe, same thing here. Got sort of boring without mants though, might just go ahead and restart once I get the patch. Got a drowned ogre refusing to despawn as well, effectively shutting down my butcher's (as it's set to automatically butcher corpses, but no gnome can reach the dead ogre, meaning the workshop never moves down the butcher list). Yeah, restart it is.

You can drain the water and get him out, really. I know in Aavak's Let's Play one of his warriors who fell and drowned was quite effectively fished out after draining the pond.

Neebat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
I have a background task at my carpenter's shop.  Very end of a long list of projects, to make a chair.  Now there's a task to make a plank for that chair AT THE TOP OF THE SAWMILL list.  If this happens on a regular basis, I'll go insane.

What is "bronze bar (for bar)" at a forge?  What triggers that?

I'm overwhelmed by all these new tasks at the top of all my workshops.  I'm going to go play Flash games for a while.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:50:33 PM by Neebat »

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »
Thank you! Keep it up.

Armor skill hasn't been implemented yet.  It'll reduce the movement penalty from armor and make armor slightly more effective.  Once armor skill is actually used, I'll make sure it increases.

I have a background task at my carpenter's shop.  Very end of a long list of projects, to make a chair.  Now there's a task to make a plank for that chair AT THE TOP OF THE SAWMILL list.  If this happens on a regular basis, I'll go insane.

What is "bronze bar (for bar)" at a forge?  What triggers that?

I'm overwhelmed by all these new tasks at the top of all my workshops.  I'm going to go play Flash games for a while.

Yeah, the generated jobs get added to the workshop queue.  If it gets in the way of how you setup your shops, you can always turn it off in the gameplay options.

The bronze bar job might be a bug.  Crafting a bronze bar requires a tin bar and a copper bar.  It seems like it might be generating a bronze bar job because the main item is set to bronze and you're missing either tin bars or copper bars, which of course doesn't make sense.  I'll check it out and see if that's the case and get it fixed.