July 20, 2017, 05:31:05 AM

Author Topic: [Modding] Faarks mini mods  (Read 56290 times)

Faark

• View Profile
Re: [Modding] Faarks mini mods
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
Hey guys, the update for those 0.8.38 priorities will take a little longer. Maybe tomorrow. Have to do sth new internally for that.

@Bardodle:
The mod should work with 0.8.38. Unless you are talking about JobBoard... it still entirely ignores priorities set for specific professions.

Rain:
Make sure you have the Dev Console Mod enabled. You should find a button to show and hide the console in the right click menu. You can type "rain 0" into that console to disable or "rain 1" to enable rain.
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
I've just uploaded a new version.

What the new mods do:
- Displays the time it took to load or save a world at the screens lower left log
- On the population overview there is a new number for gnomes with missing limbs, since those are not always counted as injured. A mouse popup will display up to 16 names for the gnomes those numbers are about
- A custom interface for workshops. It's a first prototype of this design.
- A mod that can remove the action panel at the bottom of the screen, for players who don't use it. (possible via settings anyway)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:51:04 AM by Faark »
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

sirguylittle

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
Nice work on this, though I mainly just use it for the right-click menu smoothing as it makes a big difference to the usability of the menus :)

Just a couple of points I thought I would raise.

- A mod that can remove the action panel at the bottom of the screen, for players who don't use it.

Why? When you can turn it off using the standard game options panel (under the Gameplay tab).

But more seriously, I have found a problem with your new workshop interface. It will crash on exiting the game under the following circumstances. In this example I have used the sawmill, but it does it on other workshops also.

1. Open the custom interface for the sawmill.

2. Expand the first job in the queue.

3. Unexpand the job. (image as 1.)
4. Exit the interface.
5. Exit the game (I used your exit without save for speed, but it will crash on Save and exit also.)

Code: [Select]
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at Game.GUI.Controls.Manager.cf0006b5a2bd3a1bffeed5c649722e7ee()
   at Game.GUI.Controls.Manager.SetSkin(Skin skin)
   at Game.GUI.Controls.Manager.Initialize()
   at Game.GUI.GuiManager.Initialize()
   at Game.GnomanEmpire.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at A.cebc1c67c4a164a49b1c279b0006957be.c49a93168dc3d77742f5742786a5b60b9(String[] c51864dddd6353b79e1a34e131a62f09a)

Note, the crash will occur whether you change the job or just look at it. Also if you do not unexpand the job item and just exit the interface, the crash does not occur.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:18:28 AM by sirguylittle »

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 09:36:24 AM »
Hi sirguylittle,

Why? When you can turn it off using the standard game options panel (under the Gameplay tab).
Damn, i should really check out that settings more often. Another 10 minutes of my life wasted xD

Now that you mention it... yes, i sometimes had that crash on exit as well. Didn't realized that it was connected to that mod, though, and must have forgotten about it, since I usually end the game via Alt+F4. Will look into it, thanks for your detailed report.

PS: Fixed version is available now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:52:45 AM by Faark »

Neofit

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 07:16:04 AM »
Great stuff, thanks a lot for the hard work.

Your launcher Made me discover something very useful. I have the Steam version. When I click on the game icon, it starts Steam if not already started, then connects me, etc., this is very annoying and can take up to 30 secs sometimes. When I start the game with your launcher, the game does not need Steam and start automatically. Hmmm, I went into the Steam directory where Gnomoria is installed and launched Gnomoria.exe and tadaa, it launched without Steam. So unlike other gales Gnomoria is not integrated into Steam. Thanks for that, saves quite a bit of time every time I start the game.

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »
I just uploaded the latest version. The only change that could interest you is that the start screen seed is now click-able. Anything other differences are just internal, and who cares that ModUI could now switch to HiDef and allow resolutions up to 4k if you can't use it anyway^^

Yinan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
Just tried out your Mod, looks great.

But I got 2 Bugs (using Steam Gnomoria on a Windows XP SP3 PC):

1. In the Job List, when Clicking on a job, another part opens on the right side of the job list, but only an X can be seen.

2. After around 1-2 Minutes of loading, the game suddenly stops shortly, then works again but the mouse is displaced.
Red Circle 1 is where my mouse is, Red Circle 2 is where it seems to be registered for the Game.

And here is a Screenshot of the List of Mods I used.

Edit: The "GnomoriaModded.log":
Code: [Select]

Date: 18.06.2013 21:33:12
Mod save exists for this world, creating a new one
world06.sav.msv

Date: 18.06.2013 21:39:14
FirstChanceException System.OverflowException: Die arithmetische Operation hat einen ‹berlauf verursacht.
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameClock.CounterToTimeSpan(Int64 delta)

Date: 18.06.2013 21:45:39
FirstChanceException System.OverflowException: Die arithmetische Operation hat einen ‹berlauf verursacht.
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameClock.CounterToTimeSpan(Int64 delta)
In case you don't speak german:
"Die arithmetische Operation hat einen ‹berlauf verursacht." = "The arithmetic operation caused an overflow."

Sincerely,

Yinan
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:29:06 PM by Yinan »

Yinan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
Just looked at it again. It's definitely that FirstChanceException for the "Mouse Displacement". The game shortly won't listen to my commands, and then the mouse is offset... probably when I move it... so as soon as the command freeze stops, the mouse will be handled as if it was still at the previous position....

Another Bug I found:
The Smelter still has the vanilla Crafting Interface.

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 03:27:46 AM »
Hey Yinan,

thanks for your feedback. The right panel on the job list is was meant to be an details panel, but i was jet to lazy to actually implement it... there is so much stuff other stuff open on that JobUI as well. Anyway, its technically not a bug. Same for the smelter UI. The game uses its own code there, independent from workshops, so i have to modify it separately.

I'm still not really getting your other report, though. What exactly do i have to do, to reproduce this behavior/freez? Is it tied to a specific save / machine / etc?

Yinan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 04:30:36 AM »
Well, it happens on my own Machine.
Windows XP 32 Bit SP 3 with Intel Core 2 Quad Prozessors
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Mods loaded as seen in the Screenshot.

After starting a Game (new or Loaded), after a few Minutes this short "freeze" (actually everything still goes on, it's jsut that i can't click anything) happens, and if I move my mouse during this "freeze" (and that will most likely happen, because I only realize it because I can't click something) then the Game still thinks my mouse is at the old position, although it's already at another position, which offsets the ingame mouse click registration.

Happened on every of my games, so it's not a specific save issue.
And then there is that Exception which is mostlikely the culprit. But how it happens, no Idea.

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »
Okay, an OverflowException can happen at this code location, whenever there were more than ~1 billion "ticks" between two "Frames". My system currently has 3320334 of them per second (depends on stuff like system, cpu freq or whatever), so a freeze of about 300sec would trigger it. This exception occurs deep inside XNA and i'm pretty sure there is no way guys like me can be cause it (beside via a freeze, ofc^^). So I'm afraid it won't help very much, since it does nothing but say us there was a freeze.

Anyway, back to topic. Are you sure it is a mod? Thats the first such report, and I atm don't really have an idea what could cause it. On the other hand is there a known issue in even vanilla-gnomoria relating to path finding, that can cause such freezes (example forum thread about it). Is it possible that this freeze started just when you finished a construction (especially stairs), deconstruction or some kind of mining?

Otherwise I cannot reproduce it and have no idea where to look at. So more details would be necessary. If its a single mod that causes it, it would be awesome if you could find out what one exactly is doing it (disable all of them but still launch via ModUI. Gone? Next you enable the first halve of your mods. Gone? Enable the other halve. Appears again? Disabling halve of them, and so one, until we know what one it is)

Can you reproduce it then maybe more detailed instructions would help. I start the game with exactly the same mods as you. I generate a new world (all params standard). What exactly to do next? Just opening the job screen, clicking around and letting it open for a while does not do anything bad on my save, even after setting up some first workshops.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:53:36 AM by Faark »

Yinan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:51 AM »
Gonna try it out.

So far, only happened with active mods. It never happened with vanilla Gnomoria. There was never such a Problem.

I will try to reproduce this bug as accurately as possible and then post again.

Yinan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 11:04:43 AM »
Looks like it's the "GnomoriaModUI" itself. Started it without using any mods (deactivated them all) started a New game (standard settings, didn't change anything) and then played for nearly 1 day. Marked some trees for felling, some bushes for foraging, created two small farms and one pasture and build into the mountain nearby. I created a new squad and added one to that squad then.
When it became darker, the miners where nearly finished, so I dug a stair down. Then, one level below, i created two 7x7 rooms side by side (without any wall in between). When i tried to place another stair down in the middle of the other room, the bug already started. The command wasn't executed. I couldn't change the level of depth (thats when i realized that the bug has happened), and after around 5-10 seconds everything worked again, but the mouse was, of course, displaced to the rest.

Once again:
I'm using the Steam version of Gnomoria on a PC with Windows XP 32-bit SP3.
Maybe it's because the GnomoriaModUI doesnt work with the Steam version correctly?
It already circumvents the whole "Steam has to start before the game can run" thing, so i can play Gnomoria with it without starting steam. But that bug happens after some time -.-
As I said, I didn't even get to day 2 and I only used the normal speed.

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 06:16:38 AM »
So you are basically confirming the issue i have described before... the game freezes at the moment you do sth that needs the navigation "data" to update.

I'm still not sure it really is my stuff that causes it, since those other cases do not mention mods at all and you can definitively save the game before the "freezing job" is completed, load it with an unmodified version and have the freeze anyway. Also ModUI should not be able to change any such behavior at all!

Its interesting that you appear to be able to reproduce it very "efficiently". I had that only once in an 20 Years old save, while i obviously play with mods nearly all the time. Over the weekend i have tried everything i though could reproduce it, but no matter if with or without mods, no such freeze at all :(

In other words, i need your help again^^ We need to know what exact action causes it.
- If you are able to reproduce it on a new world in just one ingame day, could you make some kind of video of it? Actually, using the "create save backup" and saving every 1-2 ingame hours should do it.
- Maybe you can even skip lot of unrelated work. Guess only stuff that somehow updates pathing data can cause it.
- Also a save right in front of the freeze would be awesome, otherwise directly after it happened.

Yinan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
Thanks a lot for trying! I would really love to play with the mods!

Here is what I did:

Started Gnomoria with ModUI and the "Backup Save" mod.

Started a new game, saved every 1 to 2 hours.

I did absolutely NOTHING in this game. I simply started it and just moved my mouse up and down (stock the Population button and back down).

At around 13:00 ingame time the bug happened. The last save is the save after the bug happened, the second to last save is the save before the bug happened.

As I said, I did nothing. I gave the gnomes no orders what so ever.

Here is the download link (I put them in a zip): https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bakplzjp23l304/Problem%20Backups%20Faarks%20Mod%20.zip

Hope that helps.