April 26, 2017, 12:40:45 PM

Author Topic: [Modding] Faarks mini mods  (Read 53611 times)

Bardodle

• SURGEON OF DEATH
    • View Profile
Re: [Modding] Faarks mini mods
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 04:32:44 AM »
Thanks mate, ur the best :D

Rfvgyhn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 02:02:38 PM »
I've pulled this mod into its own thread. You can find the latest version there.

-----------

Hurray for an easy to understand API. Thanks Faark.

I just created a mod that allows you to specify a squad when attacking. No more having the squad guarding the 37th floor trying to attack goblins on the surface.

Selecting the "All" option is equivalent to Gnomoria's current logic. Beyond that, the squads are ordered alphabetically.

Download the dll, place in the Mods folder and activate via the ModUI. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Source is available at https://github.com/Rfvgyhn/gnomoriamods.

---
Edit:
Fixed the following
* Crash when loading a save file with existing attack orders
* Squad list not updating after adding/removing a squad
* Squad list not resizing when parent window resizes
Added the following
* Show squad count next to each squad name
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:38:23 PM by Rfvgyhn »

Bardodle

• SURGEON OF DEATH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 05:15:05 AM »
Ohai again Faark, I notice the maximize option is not implemented on Military and stockpile :D

Edit:
Is it possible for you make a mod that enable to change the world difficulty, like enemy attack frequency and attack size?
If not or its difficult, Just ignore this.. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:21:33 AM by Bardodle »

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 05:43:11 AM »
[SpecifyAttackSquad Mod]
Yay, the first working foreign mod . Great work.

Ohai again Faark, I notice the maximize option is not implemented on Military and stockpile :D
The maximize button is only added to Windows that are re-sizable anyway. The only place i actually make a window re-sizable is JobBoardUI, that does it with the the Kingdom window. And you can see how that works out on some of the other tabs that does not support it. Once Robobob makes sure a window can be resized and allows us to do so, the maximize button will automatically appear.

Is it possible for you make a mod that enable to change the world difficulty, like enemy attack frequency and attack size?
If not or its difficult, Just ignore this.. Thanks
Isn't there a save game editor to handle this? But yes, that would be doable. Though i got a bunch of other stuff on my todo list atm, so if anyone else wants to create this mod...
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

toaran

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 06:31:10 AM »
hi

I tried the Modloader with some buildin Mods... and Rfvgyhn Squad Attack Mod.

my squads dont do theire normal work like with the Militia Perk... aftzer eaktivating the mod  all squad members burstin out to go to work...

here is a pic with my mods enabled..

T

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 10:19:46 AM »
Hm, looks like i have not uploaded the version of the job board mod that has the militia check removed. Interesting that it is possible to run it anyway, would have guessed that it crash.

Latest version will be available later today, after i finish an internal improvement that is currently wip.
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

zGimli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 04:31:56 AM »
When I open a new window on top of the game window, the game crashes
I have the error ;og but can not attach it to this post

or if I just move another window so that it overlaps the game window

or if I iconise the game then restore the game-window
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:39:49 AM by zGimli »

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 05:49:43 AM »
Hi zGimli,

all you mentioned works fine here on my computer. I only tested the mod stuff on win7 & win8, 64bit.
- What OS/Specs are you running on?
- Does this only happens when you with mods / run via ModUI or with the basic game as well?
- Please upload a screen and/or the log / post the recent part of the log here
- Is anyone else here having such problems?

zGimli

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 06:05:32 AM »
Only with the mod, I went back to vanilla game, which works fine

Win7-64, 8Meg ram
I run the game in a full-screen window

I will get screen shots and host them somewhere,
http://imgur.com/a/f1g1h
can you see those?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:23:35 AM by zGimli »

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »
Yes, but I'm afraid that this is just a consequential error that kind of hides the actual one...

Have you tried a new world? Not very likely, but could make a difference.
This is an older version of the mod stuff, does it work for you? Please make a new gnomoria install for it, to make sure the "downgrade" will not create new issues as well.

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
- Is anyone else here having such problems?

I can reproduce this error but as i only play in "Full Screen Borderless" mode i have no problems so far.

Did some additional testing: game also crashes when switching between "Full Screen" and "Full Screen Borderless"!

- Win7 Prof. 64bit with Sp1
- Gnomoria 0.8.37 (tested non-steam version only)
- Latest versions of Faark's and Rfvgyhn's mods (as of 2013-05-07 19:00)

Edit:
Tested with new Gnomoria version 0.8.38 (non-steam): still crashes...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:56:43 AM by kinsi »
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »
Hm okay, thanks for your reports. Still cannot reproduce it here on win8, will test on win7 tomorrow.

Nunny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
Faark,  With the addition of job type priorities in the latest Gnomoria v0.8.38 update, how does your Job Board mod interact now with RoboBob's new job priorities? 

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
Faark,  With the addition of job type priorities in the latest Gnomoria v0.8.38 update, how does your Job Board mod interact now with RoboBob's new job priorities? 
Job Board entirely replaces the games job finding. That means those job 0.8.38 priorities are currently ignored when you have Job Board turned on. The only way i see to offer both would be to let you choose what algorithm you want to use per profession. Will add this hopefully this weekend, unless someone has a better idea.

About the crash: I could reproduce it, but only by switching to&from fullscreen. Looks like it is related to some error handling i removed in the modded version. The original game handles errors in some parts of the game by just ignoring all of them. I hoped to at least properly handle everything mod related, but will for now re-enable it with the next ModUI-Update.

Bardodle

• SURGEON OF DEATH
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 04:01:49 AM »
Have you updated this mod to 0.8.38?

edit:

How is this rain command works?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:43:23 AM by Bardodle »