How to install and use it?
- Download GnoMod.zip from the link above.
- Unpack everything directly into your Gnomoria directory (e.g. C:\Programme\Gnomoria).
- Run the Game via GnomoriaModUI.exe
- ModUI should be pretty much self explaining. Make sure to check "enabled" for those mods, this isn't done automatically, yet.
- Whenever you want to install a new mod, copy its dll-file into your gnomoria directory, sub folder "Mods"
What is this and how does it work?
This is a small application that creates a copy of gnomoria.exe and injects calls to external code aka mods into it using Mono.Cecil.
Is it legal?
I think so! The modding package requires an existing Gnomoria installation to work and does not contain any original stuff. I also have not found any rules prohibiting modding, only some posts about that there are no plans to support modding with some kind of API. Well, my stuff obviously can handle it them self.
I also tried to let Robobob confirm that he is fine with it, but didn't get any response so far in the last couple of days.
Where is the source?
Sorry, not public for now. I will make the source available soon, but for now we should first check that there are no mayor flaws. And to polish it, so it looks great for you
*Update* I'm to lazy to share the source. But you are feel to do decompile my stuff. I also expect you to allow others the same on your mods an for "educational" purpose.
Does this mean there will be lots of mods soon?
Well, this does not really make modding easy!
It takes care of one very technical step, as well as in the future hopefully also more stuff like updating mods. But the modder still have to figure out how to implement his feature on its own. This requires a lot of work and "digging" into how gnomoria itself works.
You want to create a mod?
Great! Here is a very early draft of a tutorial
. Just leave me a private message with any question, feedback or whatever you might have. You should be familiar with C#, though.