June 19, 2018, 07:09:22 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.8.27 released  (Read 32578 times)

VonDoom

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.8.27 released
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
I think it was on Reddit around time of last update. Bob showed some previews of them. They look like rib cages.  :D Sorry am new to Reddit and can't seem to find them again. You will see soon enough though.  :P

Zetland

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
Loving the new opening screen! Not got beyond that yet, but muchly Awed!

ruridale

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
Pump!! I like it. Deadly lava moat is coming ::)

Mippin

• Super OCD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »
I think it was on Reddit around time of last update. Bob showed some previews of them. They look like rib cages.  :D Sorry am new to Reddit and can't seem to find them again. You will see soon enough though.  :P
Haha thanks but i hope you know what soon enough means to someone like me HOW LONG IS SOON ENOUGH...
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                             [queue breaking point]

VonDoom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 01:50:38 PM »
Hold the phone! Found em. :)

http://imgur.com/a/FigIh/all

re1wind

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »
This patch looks sexy.  I cannot confine my excitement until it gets approved on desura

Amberghylles

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
One of my woodworkers apparently loves the new dresser so much he grabbed it and won't let go of it.   ;D

I crafted a dresser and cabinet, the second woodworker promptly picked up the newly made dresser despite it not having a build or stockpile order.  I went to the build menu and placed one, which never turned green until I crafted another pair of them.  My gnomes grabbed the new dresser and placed it, but my crazy woodworker is still roaming around carrying the first one.  None of the other gnomes grabbed one of the dressers after  I crafted the second and third one, so it's not thinking the dresser is a tool.  It does appear in his equipment as being carried not equipped.  But he won't put it in a stockpile or place it.  It was a pre-existing save, and it as the first of the new furnishings I crafted.

The new walls and floors look excellent and I love the fences.  Also enjoying the orchestral versions of the music and everything else in the update really.  Just figured I should mention that bit of odd behaviour on my woodworker's part. 

Zetland

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 02:09:31 PM »
Had a similar dresser problem. When it was finally put into a storeroom, another couple of gnomes ran at it, and now seem stuck over them...

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 02:18:53 PM »
About how good is the skull gear? between copper and bronze? Or does it depend, and reach even higher if you use twoheaded ogre bones?

Bone armor is in between leather and copper.  Right now all the bone materials are the same, but ogre bones might get buffed.  I also plan on adding chitin armor later.

One of my woodworkers apparently loves the new dresser so much he grabbed it and won't let go of it.   ;D

I crafted a dresser and cabinet, the second woodworker promptly picked up the newly made dresser despite it not having a build or stockpile order.  I went to the build menu and placed one, which never turned green until I crafted another pair of them.  My gnomes grabbed the new dresser and placed it, but my crazy woodworker is still roaming around carrying the first one.  None of the other gnomes grabbed one of the dressers after  I crafted the second and third one, so it's not thinking the dresser is a tool.  It does appear in his equipment as being carried not equipped.  But he won't put it in a stockpile or place it.  It was a pre-existing save, and it as the first of the new furnishings I crafted.

The new walls and floors look excellent and I love the fences.  Also enjoying the orchestral versions of the music and everything else in the update really.  Just figured I should mention that bit of odd behaviour on my woodworker's part. 

I'll have to check it out to see if anything weird is going on with the new furniture.

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
I also plan on adding chitin armor later.

Pure Awesomeness. :) Will chitin be between Iron and Steel in protection quality?

Alas, I can't wait for the merchant and gnome updates that have been hinted about in updates-to-come.

ezryder914

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
I also plan on adding chitin armor later.

Pure Awesomeness. :) Will chitin be between Iron and Steel in protection quality?

Alas, I can't wait for the merchant and gnome updates that have been hinted about in updates-to-come.

I'm hoping chitin is the equivalent of bronze, but with the weight of leather.  Something light yet sturdy for my craftsmen to wear.  :)
Some minds are like concrete,
all mixed up and permanently set.
   ---A Red Rose Tea Bag

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 03:28:37 PM »
Pumps!

Time for waterfalls!

Correction: Time for waterwalls. Weaponize that stuff immediately.

"Hello goblin invaders! Someone told me you like water..."

AWESOME, AWESOME UPDATE! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow *_*

Vertal

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »
Pumps sound great, but do we still have the problem of water disappearing as it falls? I remember building a 5x5 hole, and then having water fall maybe 10 floors before vanishing.

Aavak

• View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Woot! In my LP I'd just started constructing some wooden housing for my ranchers to live in, and some log fences around the pastures... I had been holding off on updating due to the many things that have changed recently with workshops, but the idea of having actual fence tiles, plus thatched roofed cottages is way too tempting.

Fingers crossed this doesn't mess anything up in the map, but I'll make a backup just to be sure. Still, if this does work, the next few episodes will likely be full of me redesigning stuff with the new options opened up for decorations :D

Thanks for an awesome update!!

R86

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
Bone buildings and armor - Awesome.
New logo - Nice touch. Noticed it immediately!
New music - Sounds great. (Double entendre!) I'll have to try playing on a machine with speakers.
Pumps - Super awesome amazing. But water evaporates like crazy and it's hard to build structures featuring water, because it runs out eventually. I suppose it could be fun to build with magma though, or used to unflood basements.