June 23, 2018, 04:32:19 PM

Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 5020 times)

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
Path of Exile
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »
So I'm following Path of Exile since closed beta, it's a damn good RPG - Hack'n'slash like Diablo III, but it's free and with an awesome design. The world and story is brutal and mature, and the skill system very interesting.

There's an item shop which sells only cosmetic items, so gameplay isn't ruined by it like on most free to play MMOs. It has just hit open beta so if you're looking for some free fun you guys should totally try it.

Merry76

• View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
I have been a supporter for quite some while (last july, iirc).

Its definatly a good game, though they really have to improve loading times and above all, login stability. Every time I booted it up, i got thrown out. Not very reassuring as i play a claw shadow - a particularly fragile character in hard mode. Every disco could have me rerolling...
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
In these days I experienced some server crashes, but keep in mind that with open beta they have huge flows of new players so its quite normal some early stability issue... I remember the first days of Guild Wars 2, playing was a pain in the ass XD

So, Claw shadow? Never tried that... I'm sticking with my beloved greataxe-liferegen Marauder right now, man I love Leap Slam so much <3

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:29:35 AM »
If you play hardcore, do you mind hooking up for some coop?

In fact, if anyone does, i wouldnt mind re-killing a few zombies with anyone :)

How to share Savegames

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:05 AM »
If you play hardcore, do you mind hooking up for some coop?

In fact, if anyone does, i wouldnt mind re-killing a few zombies with anyone :)

Right now I'm still at the end of Act I of normal league 'cause I'm playing with my roommate and we are somewhat casual at it.  ::) Maybe I'll join Hardcore league in the future and if happens I'd be happy to team up :)

However on normal league I'm Staggered.

wrobell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
If you die on hardcore league, your character is moved to the normal one - so you're not risking loosing your character permanently.

lotsofpaper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
Hey guys, I'm lotsofpaper in that game as well. Lvl 21 Templar on Normal.

I do physical AOE, armour/energy tanking and single target massive physical/cold damage.

I'm just starting to roll around the higher Act2 areas.

n1njachicken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »
I'm Ringold on here, Level 24 Ranger. Still on ACT 2.  I usually play for couple hours a night after my kids are asleep and save Gnomoria for when I'm at work :P

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 04:36:04 PM »
I just hit level 24, next time I'll log in I'll add you guys to the friends :) We could try some 3vs3 pvp, I had lots of fun with my friend. He was running everywhere placing traps until he came too close to my poleaxe  ::)

And I totally wanna try the endgame maps with more of two players  :)

Kelderek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »
For anyone who may have not been following PoE lately, their official launch of version 1.0 and end of open beta is coming up on October 23 2013.

Path of Exile Offcial Release Info

Lots of new stuff including:
  • the real ending for Act 3 at the Scepter of God
  • new 7th character class: Scion (center of the passive tree for starting point)
  • new pvp features including capture the flag
  • new league types
  • new skill and support gems including new trigger support skills that add "proc" effects

Personally, I'm looking forward to the trigger effects the most.  Curse on hit will be nice as will "oh sh!t" defensive procs that trigger when you get hit (Enduring Cry or Molten Shell as a proc?  yes please!).

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »
I'm interested about the PvP content, since I love it :)

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »
Leap slam, and he will always come too close to your poleaxe :)

Unfortunatly, the game has great promise with the gigantic skilltree, but its basically "hog survival nodes, or go home", "physical is craptical" and "Dont even think to melee in this game" if you want to play hardcore. And hardcore really got me for a few dozen hours. And then I found out the above :(

Its so bad that even the marauder is best played as a elemental archer - and he does a better job at it than the ranger...

How to share Savegames

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 02:04:02 AM »
Leap slam, and he will always come too close to your poleaxe :)

Unfortunatly, the game has great promise with the gigantic skilltree, but its basically "hog survival nodes, or go home", "physical is craptical" and "Dont even think to melee in this game" if you want to play hardcore. And hardcore really got me for a few dozen hours. And then I found out the above :(

Its so bad that even the marauder is best played as a elemental archer - and he does a better job at it than the ranger...

LoL, another good reason for never play on Hardcore. I've always played on Normal... I can't imagine playing PoE without my beloved Marauder and his two handed mace :\ using a bow would be...embarrassing

Kelderek

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
Those things are all true, but that doesn't stop me or even slow me down from playing PoE because I just love the ARPG genre of games enough to stay sucked in.  I have never messed with the hardcore leagues but I suppose I'd give it a try eventually now that I have been playing off and on for 2 years I *should* know enough to stay alive there :P

I think the biggest obstacle for me playing HC is that I have a lovely stockpile of skill and support gems on the standard league that I would not have access to.

I typically just play solo and don't trade much (I have little of value to trade with usually), but I still really enjoy the game a lot.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
I think the biggest obstacle for me playing HC is that I have a lovely stockpile of skill and support gems on the standard league that I would not have access to.

I typically just play solo and don't trade much (I have little of value to trade with usually), but I still really enjoy the game a lot.

I have loads of starter and 20 ish gear I could give you. I dont trade much either bug "give to people what they can use". Needless to say, I rarely play with strangers, because most seem to think "I need everything!". Cant properly free-share with people like that.

If you (or anyone else) wants to team up a bit for hardcore, I'd be up for it. Just PM me.

How to share Savegames