May 24, 2018, 02:54:33 AM

Author Topic: [Add BLock] Scaffold  (Read 3256 times)

Killaim

• View Profile
[Add BLock] Scaffold
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:28:25 AM »
a storable scaffold (sticks/planks) that the gnomes can quickly place up and easily pull down as opposed to use dirt or other blocks that take longer time.

make scaffolds work like stairs/ladders. or make a special scaffold/ladder/stair block

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
Re: [Add BLock] Scaffold
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:12 AM »
This is a really good suggestion. Currently we have to build dirt stairs as scaffolding, which I personally don't like to do.

Dakkanor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
i try to build a dirt wall up alongside and large wall i make, i personally dont find it too difficult to just "dig ramp down"at the end. what i find helpful is to place the job for building the floors first, I also build an inner path that rings the walls whenever possible so that i don't require scaffolding....

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:11 PM »
what i find helpful is to place the job for building the floors first, I also build an inner path that rings the walls whenever possible so that i don't require scaffolding....

That's a helpful tip.

But I think this suggestion was referring to building large structures outdoors, like castles, homes and structures.

Razihel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:53:30 AM »
+1 To this suggestion! Very nice idea.

Scaffolding should be functional so that gnomes can go up and down, left and right, "thru" the scaffold block, placing the blocks of the actual building (perhaps?).

Besides, mud scaffolding is so against regulations...  ;D

Gnomic_Utterance

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:54:34 AM »
On the one hand I like the idea, its better than the free-standing mud walls, on the other hand I like to fill in mined out areas with all this mud I have which are technically mud walls so I wouldn't like it if that took much longer.

Dakkanor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:16:04 AM »
But I think this suggestion was referring to building large structures outdoors, like castles, homes and structures.

thats actually what i do both for, i like to build my walls up 3-5 levels once im secured in my base

i like it to be large and impressive,

i also build a tower up to 10 levels up in the center of my base.

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »

thats actually what i do both for, i like to build my walls up 3-5 levels once im secured in my base

i like it to be large and impressive,

i also build a tower up to 10 levels up in the center of my base.

Okay, I'll have to try that. But as a new furniture item, scaffolding would still be useful.

Ideally, we want more people to build awesome castles and fortresses and scaffolding would help. :)

Rho

• Gnomoria Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07:25 AM »
It's already been made.  :)

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »
It's already been made.  :)

Sweet!

Now, RoboB0b just needs to code it in?

Would be nice if scaffolds all came down if you deconstructed the lowest parts (crash goes the scaffolding... dont try that irl...) but i guess gnomoria physics still work...
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Woden

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »
Would be nice if scaffolds all came down if you deconstructed the lowest parts (crash goes the scaffolding... dont try that irl...) but i guess gnomoria physics still work...
Actually, I wouldn't like that... it would make it impossible to have "hanging scaffolds" so that you could work on the upper levels of a wall, or along a pit.

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
Actually, I wouldn't like that... it would make it impossible to have "hanging scaffolds" so that you could work on the upper levels of a wall, or along a pit.

Awesome news. :) Now I'll have to start thinking about massive outdoor building projects and interior decor.