September 19, 2014, 12:49:22 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.8.25 released  (Read 20545 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.8.25 released
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »
This update is the start of an overhaul of crafting and items.  Overall, it won't be vastly different from what you're used to.  There are around 50 new items this patch, where most of them are intermediate items used to craft workshops or finished goods.  Many recipes have had their ingredient quantities reduced but might require more steps to craft from scratch.  Job completion times have also been increased across the board.

There is also a stricter progression of workshops now.  In order to build a workshop, many require a specific item that is crafted in a different workshop.  The first workshop that can be built is a Crude Workbench.  This workshop works slower than others but doesn't craft anything that can't be crafted somewhere else.  Once other workshops have been built, the Crude Workbench is safe to deconstruct.

When loading old save games, some jobs that are no longer valid will be cancelled.  After loading a game, it would be a good idea to just check your workshops to see where you might need to recreate jobs.  However, to get the full experience of the changes, I recommend starting a new game with this update.

With an update like this, I'll be closely watching everyone's feedback and expect to make some adjustments.  Some things might be much harder or easier now and I'll try to work out the kinks as quick as I can.

For the next patch, I plan on focusing on fixing bugs.  After that, I will continue along changes that go with today's patch:
  • New crops and updated food and drink recipes
  • New constructions such as, fences, tapestries, tombs, etc
  • Adjustments to plant growth and animal breeding rates
  • Updated item and construction values, as well as updates to formulas for spawning gnomads, merchants and enemies
  • New merchant types to offer more and better goods
  • UI updates for things like feedback on why jobs aren't starting, allowing items to queue for crafting when components haven't been discovered yet

v0.8.25 changelog
General
  • Added 50 new items
  • Updated many recipes
  • Added Crude Workbench and Bonecarver
  • Increased job completion time

Art
  • Added knife, windmill blade, cylinder, spike, grain, chisel, wrench and straw bed tiles
  • Updated various existing tiles

Fixed
  • Some workshop tiles always drawing as if they were in light

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.8.25 released
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »
This sounds wonderful, I'm starting a new game now. Thank for the update RoboB0b!  :)

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
questions!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
This sounds like a pretty nifty update.

Some questions!

1. will spiders ever be buffed?

2. I noticed that you changed the way armor shades while updating my tileset to the new version. Was it because of the new content or just for making it simpler on the engine?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:00:30 PM by ArwingXL »

RAZORLIGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
awesome patch

ty for the hard work  ;D

SoulstormAPP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
Thank you robo! So excited! Keep up the good work love your game. also question did it change quantity you need to build workshops and items too? or just order.

Anyway thanks for the hard wor kadn effort ^.^ - SoulstormAPP

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35:34 PM »
Really great update! You are a genius!

Don't know if this is because there was no other way of updating workshops from previous versions or if it's a bug: all parts of workshops seem to be made out of wood (all parts have the same color), I used birch wood so in my case everything seems to be made out of birch wood...a wooden furnace for example...stonemason, stonecutter and stonecarver also "lost" their granite color and the stone blocks are now birch wood...

As most people will most likely start new kingdoms I don't know if that really matters...and deconstructing and rebuilding a workshop is an easy workaround.

I think this is a minor bug: bellows are made out of wood but are "stockpiled" as stone (goods->stone->bellows).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:43:11 PM by kinsi »
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
Thanks everyone!  You guys are always so excited for new patches, it's awesome :D

will spiders ever be buffed?

It depends, but probably not.  I do expect to eventually have tougher enemies though.

did it change quantity you need to build workshops and items too? or just order.

Before, all the workshops were 10 logs/planks and 10 stone/blocks and now they are all a couple of crafted items.  So yeah, quantity and items changed for building workshops.

Don't know if this is because there was no other way of updating workshops from previous versions or if it's a bug: all parts of workshops seem to be made out of wood (all parts have the same color), I used birch wood so in my case everything seems to be made out of birch wood...a wooden furnace for example...stonemason, stonecutter and stonecarver also "lost" their granite color and the stone blocks are now birch wood...

As most people will most likely start new kingdoms I don't know if that really matters...and deconstructing and rebuilding a workshop is an easy workaround.

I think this is a minor bug: bellows are made out of wood but are "stockpiled" as stone (goods->stone->bellows).

I was working on getting the workshop colors fixed but it complicates things more than it seems.  I decided it was better to get the patch out today and fix that later since it doesn't effect anything other than colors.  Thanks for finding that bellows bug though, I'll make sure to get it fixed :D

Padalock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:08 PM »
I can't seem to find any option to build a Crude Workbench.  Starting a new colony, I don't have materials to build any of the workshops, as they all require tables and chairs and such.  It says to use a "Crude Workbench" but that's not listed as a workshop and I can't find it anywhere.  Am I just missing it?

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
I can't seem to find any option to build a Crude Workbench.  Starting a new colony, I don't have materials to build any of the workshops, as they all require tables and chairs and such.  It says to use a "Crude Workbench" but that's not listed as a workshop and I can't find it anywhere.  Am I just missing it?

All the build options are found by right clicking the screen.

Right-click > Build > Workshop > Crude Workbench.

Padalock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »

All the build options are found by right clicking the screen.

Right-click > Build > Workshop > Crude Workbench.
Ah, thank you, I forgot there was a right click menu, I'd been playing using just the buttons at the bottom, and its not listed as a workshop in that menu. 

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: questions!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »

2. I noticed that you changed the way armor shades while updating my tileset to the new version. Was it because of the new content or just for making it simpler on the engine?

Armor should be the same, but weapon shading was changed so that handles can reflect the color of the hilt/haft.

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »
Oh wait,  nevermind! I saved the png as 24-bit instead of 32-bit. That's why the alpha-channel color shading is broken.

lol

rogarthe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
Never got to play since the previous patch so not sure when it started. But when I load a game the "Craft to" option in my work shops doesn't seem to work. If I deselect and re select it in the work bench a gnome comes to create the item but as soon as they build one they stop. All of the workshops do this. Is there in way to get the option working in saved games?

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
Never got to play since the previous patch so not sure when it started. But when I load a game the "Craft to" option in my work shops doesn't seem to work. If I deselect and re select it in the work bench a gnome comes to create the item but as soon as they build one they stop. All of the workshops do this. Is there in way to get the option working in saved games?

Did you make sure to cancel all the jobs? If that doesn't work deconstruct all your workshops and re-build them.

The old workbenches work totally different from the new ones. It shouldn't take long to build them again (and will require fewer materials).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:24:50 PM by orbitmoria »

SyberSmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Since I have not seen it asked, Does the quality of the materials used to make the work bench effect the quality of the products made at that bench?

Ex. 1: I build a workbench out of materials and items of a high grade.

Ex. 2: My crafters have been at it and they make some legendary items, those items are then turned into a workbench.

Things like that?