July 16, 2018, 01:43:57 AM

Author Topic: User Interface Improvements  (Read 1294 times)

Lonestar51

• View Profile
User Interface Improvements
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »
  • I would like to have hotkeys which I can assign to different positions in my fortress. (Say Shift-F1 marks the position "Gate", pressing F1 after this will jump to this position.)

• Some hotkey should jump to a predefined position: To the position I was just before the auto-move to the enemy sighted. (where I just wanted to put torches to avoid beetle-spawn...)

• I want to be able to save and load uniforms/formations independent of the actual game.

• I want to be able to save and load gnome occupations independent of the actual game.

Mythrrinthael

• I saw what you did there!
    • View Profile
Re: User Interface Improvements
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:24:02 AM »
  • You can already do this. Go to the "controls" tab in the Options menu and scroll down a bit. From the way you worded your suggestion, it seems as if you don't know you can assign hotkeys to certain functions already.
  • Seems like a low-priority suggestion, but it has its uses.
  • We've been clamoring for that functionality for a while now. I voice agreement with this anytime it comes up.
  • Same as 3.

Lonestar51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
Cool! Thanks, Mythrrinthael! I really did not know about the hotkeys.

OK, first one is already implemented, there are three suggestions left...

Hairyguy

• "Do or do not. There is no trying" - Yoda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:39:31 AM »
I didn't want to start a new topic unnecessarely, so I'll write some of my thoughts down here:
1. In the stockpile tab - there should be at least number of items (so if we choose stockpile "logs" we can see amount of logs in this stockpile right away). I would see it this way:

2. I noticed that when you press shift and > in the game you will get a little arrow in the text. That made me think that IF (or untill) the completely new UI will be made something could do: Making game add symbols to the names of the gnome depending on their position in squad (basic soldier, militia, citizen). This could be automatic and I think it would be pretty time-saving.
2a. And if even this can't be done (right now) then at least button [Choose gnome] in Military tab would be very useful:

3. Making every slider reacting to scroll would also be nice (I find it very annoying when I try to scroll and nothing happens)
4. As someone mentioned in some other post - when you choose (clock on) an object (especially tree or bush) to make us able to do action connected with this object (whether within menu where there is only option "move to" or just double clicking on the objoct).