December 17, 2017, 09:28:41 AM

Author Topic: A Let's Play by a Newbie  (Read 1263 times)

Dark Soul

• View Profile
A Let's Play by a Newbie
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:40:48 AM »
Hello fellow Gnomes and Gnomoria forum-goers. I would like to display to you my current Lets Play on YouTube of, you guessed it, Gnomoria. But there is one problem: Im a noob. So I ask one thing. Please check out my channel and watch my videos and reply with some constructive criticism.  You may also email me or reply to this post. So thank you for your future tips and tricks so I can better understand this game and better entertain my few viewers. Thank you.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkandBaka

Email: d4rkxs0ul@yahoo.com

Cheers,
               Dark

Jackardson

• View Profile
Re: A Let's Play by a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Hello Dark,

I didnt watch it all, but I think I watched enough to tell you started a bit wrong, dont remove the dirt floor, if you want another floor use the "Replace Floor" command in the mining section,  that would have kept your miner from dying,

Dont use logs for a floor, thats just a bit of a waste, use stone when you dug down

Dont have such a huge entrance, if some goblins attack you can be swarmed easily

Take the Clippings of the Trees first and than fell, it gives you more saplings and fruit to actually plant new trees(and eat the apples).

That is all for now, I hope it helps  :)

Dark Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:33:09 AM »
Beginner mistakes...thank you for pointing that out. Ill try to fix it up, I might just start a new kingdom..

Jackardson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:12 PM »
Yeah do that, use the newest version and make it a tad easier for you as you are just a beginner, you can make a harder kingdom later, have you thought about streaming ? I could provide you with some tips and have a chat with you while you build up your Kingdom ^^

if you have any questions ask them here, I am online at least 3-4 times a day to read the Forums

have fun

Jack

Ondaderthad

• Bronze Cuirass after Mant attack ^^
    • View Profile
    • Build your own Bitcoin Cloud Miner one Ghash at a time
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
Why remove floor just from the start? 

My tips:
Use the space bar to pause more often. Especially during the first couple of days.
You want to have all your basic workshops built before the first merchant arrives on day 5

Have a look at my guide for new players (link in my signature)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
(they didnt die outright, they shamble around for a while, bleeding like it was a 70ies samurai flick)
Merry76
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-