June 23, 2018, 04:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 8378 times)

Woden

• View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »
IF you want real survival and more believable experience, play this mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/913258-145terrafirmacraft-survival-mode-as-it-shouldve-been/
I disliked Terrafirmacraft for the simple reason that it is ridiculously hard to make the "double-ingots" (which are necessary to make anvils... which are necessary to make damn near everything). If the temperature range was a bit broader on making those, I wouldn't have minded nearly so much.

The prospecting picks were also pretty useless the last time I tried it.

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 04:14:01 AM »
Playing it since a long time now...still playing with my roommate on our little server.

If someone here owns a server, let me know :)

Cirom

• The Takendan Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 12:47:44 PM »
I recall seeing this one mod which vastly improved the survival experience called the "Extended 2x2 Crafting Grid" mod. It basically first just expanded on the little "2x2" grid in your inventory, letting you create "hand tools" which are slower and have less durability and also act like hoes for some reason. It also makes it so you can't punch wood (gasp!), instead punching little bushes and "mini trees" for sticks and planks to craft a mattock (hand axe), so that you can tackle the bigger trees to craft yourself a proper axe.

Here's the link, but as I said before: vastly outdated. Like, Beta 1.7.3 outdated. Before hunger was even in the game.

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »
Is there any treatment for the feeling that Minecraft is incredible boring once you have done everything?

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 02:44:11 PM »
Is there any treatment for the feeling that Minecraft is incredible boring once you have done everything?

Try Cobalt, another game from Mojang...I'm loving it even if they work on it like VERY slowly

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »

Try Cobalt, another game from Mojang...I'm loving it even if they work on it like VERY slowly

I'll look it up and give it a go.

Astrolux McCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 04:06:29 AM »
Did the Gnomoria Whitelist Tekkit Server ever happen...???

winggar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 07:18:25 AM »
I got bored of minecraft the moment i realize that a toon has to be near the farm so the farm grows. Basically if you plant a field, and move three miles (just an example, you have to be much, much closer) to build a castle, and return hungry after 5 days, nothing has grown.

Killed the immersion for me outright.

Me Wants!!!!

zlob

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 02:21:45 AM »
Always build a farm near your house. I once tried to make a clock in minecraft, but delays for logic gates killed me. :<
Also, melon farm is what keeps you from starving ;)

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »
Always build a farm near your house. I once tried to make a clock in minecraft, but delays for logic gates killed me. :<
Also, melon farm is what keeps you from starving ;)

Yep once you get melons (and carrots too) starving isn't a problem anymore

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 04:15:59 AM »
Doeas anybody know of a nice vanilla / almost vanilla survival server?

emheath

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »
I got sick of playing in survival because it got a little lonely, and that was quickly eradicated when I played multiplayer servers. Even if they are hard to set up (especially without the right know how) they are still pretty cool to play.

I like the hunger games servers as they are especially fun: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/servers/. Just jump right in and look for chests as they have loot. The harder it is to get to the chest (and the closer it is to the cornucopia) the better the loot.

I've got to the final bit a couple of times but never won.