January 18, 2018, 01:55:39 AM

Author Topic: Gnomes refusing to wield weapons  (Read 1231 times)

Nolanar

• View Profile
Gnomes refusing to wield weapons
« on: November 18, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
Anyone know how to get my gnomes to wield the right weapons? I have my "soldier" uniform set up so that they all use axes (to keep them training the same skill, so I can mass produce better ones), but two of my gnomes won't pick them up! They have a shield in one hand, but won't grab an axe for the other. The other three gnomes in the squad are fine (and they're all set to the same uniform), and the weapons in the crate are all hand axes (as opposed to felling axes). If I set it to "any" weapon in their right hand, they happily pick up swords. They just won't use the hand axes that are sitting right there. I don't know if this is somehow a bug, or if I'm doing something stupid. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: An additional piece of info I noticed: there's an obvious difference between the gnomes who will or won't pick up an axe: the ones who will pick up an axe have "axe" as their highest weapon skill, but those who refuse have a higher skill in a different weapon. Maybe this should be a bug report instead of a help request.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:04:15 PM by Nolanar »

Mythrrinthael

• I saw what you did there!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomes refusing to wield weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:03:07 PM »
They switch to swords and hammers, but not to axes? Odd. Try removing them from the squad and then adding them again.

Nolanar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
They switch to swords and hammers, but not to axes? Odd. Try removing them from the squad and then adding them again.

Yeah, tried taking them out and putting them back in, tried taking the squad off and on training duty, tried switching out one gnome for another. That last one is what made me realize the skill difference I edited into the OP.

Mythrrinthael

• I saw what you did there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
Ah, that changes things.

Gnomes are only supposed to act on skill levels if they're told to equip any weapon, not when told to use a specific weapon. Sounds like a bug, but I could be missing something.