September 21, 2017, 01:45:58 AM

Author Topic: GnomewoldPool - Open Dropbox Account for sharing Saves and whatnot  (Read 16886 times)

Merry76

• View Profile
First of all: this is an unofficial, by players for players. Robotronic games is not responsible for the usage, content or safety of the following

To keep this as useful for the community as possible, use the account only for Gnomoria related things, like screenshots, documentations, how-to's, guides, savegame sharing and general random awesomeness concerning gnomoria. It is entirely possible to use it next to your usual dropbox account - just add the Savedworlds folder to your collection

If anyone wants to share Savegames (because they are awesome, or because there is a problem with it) please plonk it in there. You are free to join this Dropbox for easier access (just invite yourself to it from the GnomeworldPool Account), though its not a requirement. Its super easy though.

Please give your Files a "Speaking Name", so everyone can identify it: Something like "Merry76_GnomeStuckInStockpile_20121020.Sav" or "Merry76_AwesomeTowerOfAwesomeness.sav" and refer it on the forums.

You can find your Savegames in your "my games\Gnomoria\Worlds\" Folder. The position of your "My games" folder may vary with the version of your windows system.

Ok, here goes:
Account Name: GnomeworldPool@yahoo.com
Password: shareagnome
URL: www.dropbox.com

Works for both the email and the dropbox, not sure why anyone wants to use the email though.

It doesnt need a dropbox installation:

• Just click on "Sign In" to enter the Account Name and Password from above.
  • Change the folder to "Saved Worlds" (we have to keep order)
  • Find the "Upload File" Icon, and select a savegame from your harddrive.

Thats it, you are done.

Of course, if you already own a dropbox account, you can link yourself in, and share it with the integrated (windows) functionality.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:22:45 AM by Merry76 »
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

syneris

• View Profile
Re: GnomewoldPool - Open Dropbox Account for sharing Saves and whatnot
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »
Should probably get this moved to show and tell section. Here's a link to the public save folder for anyone not caring to login.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xcrgij0dwser1th/yJGHfwe0Pg

I've added my 50+ beetle fight save soon. It will most likely lag your system at the start. Make sure you turn off pause when spotted before the miner releases the beetle horde (when the miner digs out the wall).

Corpsdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
This is great, thankyou. I'm having a problem that I hope someone might be able to figure out and was thinking of how to share the folder.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
This is great, thankyou. I'm having a problem that I hope someone might be able to figure out and was thinking of how to share the folder.

Just ask away :)

How to share Savegames

Corpsdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »

Just ask away :)

I hadn't even gotten around to posting the problem yet, and you've already had a solution up for me!  :D  Thanks. This probably explained why I had a gnome die of thirst on another map.  Anyway, I did it, and it seemed to work: Bar is already back to working in the field.

I noticed a thread where others are having a similar problem in 8.18  I posted your solution with credit for them to try out.

Thanks again.  I think I'll remove my save file from the dropbox to free up the room.

Cor

syneris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
Organized bugs in to a subfolder. Requested moderator to move to Show and Tell section.

Added new world with 2 years of progressive saves: Clearingaxe

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
It might be apropriate to define when a savegame gets deleted from the GnomeworldPool.

What would you guys suggest?

I'd think we should clear the "Through the ages" folder once they become obsolete or not replayable (lets say some key element gets changed, and the game gets way harder again, or things do not work like they used to do (new features are added that change the game dramatically (magic?)). This should be done by the author (it is rather rude to delete someone elses saves).

We should clear the "Bug Saves" files once they are fixed. I just deleted the Ghost hammer problem, because it did not occur again (and i had a look at it while it still occured, so i can tell the difference).

Now the problem with the "Savedworlds" Folder in itself. Its really hard to differentiate between "Show and Tell" saves, and Bug saves, if they are not categorized properly (we still have a savegame in there that is called "World01" and i have no clue what the deal with that one is...) I guess we do a "Show and Tell" folder and keep it as long as we can, and delete "unnamed" files. Afterall, no one really can tell what an "world01" is supposed to do (is it a bug? is it cool? was it supposed to elaborate something?)

How to share Savegames

syneris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »

Bug saves can probably be removed after a fix has been released and confirmed. These are really just to supplement the filesize limit on bugzilla and for other users to troubleshoot problems in the support section.

Through the ages will likely take up a large chunk of space, especially if people want them and more players do them. If it becomes a problem, an archive could be created.

It isn't really pressed for space, but we can get tons of more space for free with referrals. If a large save is around 5 megs, then each referral would give 100 more.

The issue I have with deleting anything that doesn't really need to be is that anyone linked to the folder has their local copy of the file deleted also. It also goes the other way in that unnecessary files take up space on local machines (of users linked to the shared folder); space some users might be limited on.

orbitmoria

• All they do is dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »
Very useful resource. Using the Dropbox is is must.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:49:54 AM by orbitmoria »

Extra-Titanian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 03:19:08 AM »
This should probably be stickied at the top or somewhere easy to find. Maybe mentioned in the FAQ under the troubleshooting question?

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »
This should probably be stickied at the top or somewhere easy to find. Maybe mentioned in the FAQ under the troubleshooting question?

I'd be happy if it did, but then again, it is pretty inofficial. I'll message bvierra though.

How to share Savegames

tyty227

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
Very useful resource. Using the Dropbox is is must.
How do you have a rainbow mant. I want one.
hi

JadedSins

• Automatons! Roll-Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 01:43:59 AM »
Just added my super awesome castle, if anyone feels like they can flood the outside of the castle, you'll be my hero
Gnome death counter! :D
Alive:34
Dead:36
only for my most advanced kingdom