June 24, 2017, 10:24:33 PM

Author Topic: Addons / Textures Explanation  (Read 24418 times)

bvierra

• No matter where I am, you can find me there.
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria Wiki
Addons / Textures Explanation
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:52 AM »
What is this forum for?
This forum is currently a catch all for Addons / Texture Sheets. Feel free to ask questions about how they work, how to make your own or use someone else's. If you made some feel free to post them for others to download and use!

Why is there no mods section?
Currently mods are unsupported. While it has been discussed (however it can change at any time) to add in a mod API, no firm date or release point has been decided on. This forum does not have modding in the name because Robotronic Games did not want to mislead anyone into believing that modding is currently supported.

What is an Addon?
Addon's are anything that work outside of the game but are related to it in some way. Some current Addons that have been made are a Save Game Backup Utility and a Save Game Editor.

What is a Texture?
Textures are the graphics you see in game. These can be modified to change the look of just about everything you see in game.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:51:01 PM by Cat »
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat
Feature Requests | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specifically specified as such

danvath

• View Profile
Re: Addons / Textures Explination
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
How do I find the files on my comp when I hve desura installed? I can not locate a gnomeria file located anywhere, and I would like to try some of thenew textures.

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
For me:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Gnomoria\Content\Tilesheet

Ondaderthad

• Bronze Cuirass after Mant attack ^^
    • View Profile
    • Build your own Bitcoin Cloud Miner one Ghash at a time
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »
For me:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\Gnomoria\Content\Tilesheet
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
(they didnt die outright, they shamble around for a while, bleeding like it was a 70ies samurai flick)
Merry76
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:52:28 AM »
Where do I find the tileset with the Steam installation?

Faark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 03:13:01 AM »
Depends where you have your Steam Installation, or if you have chosen a different location for the game. Default would be sth like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Gnomoria\Contant\Tilesheet\"
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!

Tool_dc

• The Butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 03:37:50 AM »
Depends where you have your Steam Installation, or if you have chosen a different location for the game. Default would be sth like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Gnomoria\Contant\Tilesheet\"

Found it, thanks :)

dwarf_reform

• View Profile
Re: Addons / Textures Explanation
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
Was considering trying my hand at 3d 2d pixel art (I can do the fronts fine, never tried to complete a multi-sided texture of any kind).. I see the default tilesheet file but all it covers are ramps/stairs/beds type stuff..

Question is: where can I modify the gnomes and enemies/animals?? (Wiki seemed to have nothing about textures..)

Faark

• View Profile
Re: Addons / Textures Explanation
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 01:44:51 AM »
Open the tilesheet "default.png" mentioned above. It contains nearly all images the game uses, i'm pretty sure everything you see in the world. Enemies are the bottom part of the first few columns. Just edit this image as you like.
When will your gnomes start flooding your kingdom with legendaries? - Check out my mods! - Want to create mods yourself? Here is a early draft of a modding tutorial. Just checking by here infrequently these days, but feel free to PM me!