June 19, 2018, 07:09:05 AM

Author Topic: Indie Games you look forward to (beside Gnomoria)  (Read 69663 times)

CherryCoke

• View Profile
Re: Indie Games you look forward to (beside Gnomoria)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »
Kinda shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet but... I can't wait for Card hunter! http://www.cardhunter.com/

By far this is well above any other games I'm waiting for. I even stopped development on a similar game when I found out about this.

Ah, i follow the development of this game as well.
I follow so many indie games i can't even list them all :D

gnomeking

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
Castle story: http://www.sauropodstudio.com/

This is the one I'm most looking forward to.  It looks so great even at the stage they are now.

Lminith

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:49 PM »
Kinda shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet but... I can't wait for Card hunter! http://www.cardhunter.com/

By far this is well above any other games I'm waiting for. I even stopped development on a similar game when I found out about this.
Relating to this... I don't go to the development of Forge for ages. I was helping manage requests and AI bug testing.
Last time I remember they were doing major upgrades on Quest Mode.
For those that don't know, Forge is an opensource Magic the Gathering. Free, 0 payments, the card database was huge, it felt like really playing MtG... without the spent money :P
You could play Normal Duels, or Quest Mode similar to Shandalar on the 1st MtG game.
Btw if you want to play and/or help out, it has an awesome community :D

Forge - Development Board

Zwonkie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 02:47:44 AM »
I love MTG, but i simply think it cost to much and they online engine/UI is awe full.

I have tried several of copy engines, apprentice and such but they are not better :/ I guess the only satisfying way of playing MTG is with real person and real cards..

Lminith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
I love MTG, but i simply think it cost to much and they online engine/UI is awe full.

I have tried several of copy engines, apprentice and such but they are not better :/ I guess the only satisfying way of playing MTG is with real person and real cards..
Have you tried Forge? It's not like Apprentice. It has AI and rule enforcement which makes it more like a real game.
Sometimes the AI will astound you.
The biggest AI drawback at the time (and I believe even today for obvious reasons), is that it can't play well with Lock and Combo decks.
It's hard to make it THAT "SMART" :P the lack of previous knowledge of the deck and how it behaves, means it won't reach the same experience a player can.
But it can use several mechanics and minor combos like a real player does.
You can download HQ pics from its forum for all the cards, or even define custom altered card versions.
And it's the only game with Shandalar mode with most recent editions always being updated :)
So if you're a fan, you really must check it out.

Zwonkie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »
Ye, i can understand it might have trouble, to go into a infinite mana loop or some crazy shit like that.

It is possible to make your own decks right? This would also imply that the AI will play custom made decks aswell?
I might give it a go...

HarbingerOfHatred

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »

Try out OCTGN. http://www.octgn.info/

Zwonkie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »
I have tried OCTGN, I still feel the UI implementation is bad. I know that Wizard of the Coast is working on a total rewarp of their MTGO client, hopefully the UI will be better.

I guess it all comes down to, MTG is a very complex game in terms of abilities/rules and of such you need a bunch load of triggers/shortcuts in the UI which makes the whole playing experience over I-net very slow,complicated and scary to deal with. There's a better understanding of each phase in real life, on the internet its like, uh sorry you weren't done or sorry i forgot to make this spell - lets go two phases back...

ArwingXL

• Game Art Donator
    • View Profile
    • RADCORE.US
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »
Mount & Blade 2, because warband (AND ALL OF ITS MODS, especially the game of thrones one) is way too good, and I uninstalled so i could have free time again.

Jere

• Smite the invaders!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47:06 AM »
I second Kerbal Space Centre, been trying to successfully orbit Minus and return but I keep running out of fuel!

Another one to look out for which the demo shows great promise for is Prison Architect - http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/

It plays quite like the old dungeon keeper games but with the twist of having to build a working prison while stopping everyone rioting or breaking out. Plus its made by the guys who created Uplink and Darwinia :D
They cant break you if you dont have a spine.
 - Wally from Dilbert

Zwonkie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:44 AM »
Im also following SimCity, but sadly, it seems EA is ruining the game.

It almost seem like the most thought trough and interesting games nowadays are from indie companies. Salute to them!

SilverWarior

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Im also following SimCity, but sadly, it seems EA is ruining the game.

It almost seem like the most thought trough and interesting games nowadays are from indie companies. Salute to them!

I strongly recomend you to check Cities XL if you haven't already. Cities XL is what Sim City should be.

Zwonkie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 04:18:55 AM »
I have played Cities XL (the new editions) and graphically its very good, but the simulation part of the game is not the best - but definantly durable. It also have huge issues with memory leak or something, after playing 15-20 min, you have to reload you city, otherwise it runs with like 5-10 fps. Similar to GNOMERIA when trying to open up the gnomes/storage lists after playing +30 min..

What i especially like about XL is that the cities can actually look quite beautiful, almost like a postcard picture. 

Not to flame EA or anything, but they have done it again. Imaging paying 40-50 for these changes:
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/09/27/fifa-13-wii-vs-fifa-12-wii-the-shocking-truth/2/

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:20:55 AM by Zwonkie »

Gates

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
Sweet hot damn, I've never seen so many games.  I'm gona have to try a few of these!
Game Tirade does lets plays with Gnomoria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLX63-sLSo

Daily

• Lost between -17 and -12
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »
I can testify to that Prison Architect is great fun. Still way to buggy to enjoy for hours and hours but it has such huge potential. I love these management/building games.