December 17, 2017, 09:21:15 AM

Author Topic: AdmiralAckbar's Seed Collection  (Read 15290 times)

AdmiralAckbar

• "IT'S A TRAP!"
    • View Profile
    • IT'S A TRAP!
AdmiralAckbar's Seed Collection
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »
AdmiralAckbar's Seed Collection

http://imgur.com/a/XtCvE#0

That is a collection of Gnomoria Seeds I'm putting together right now. I'll update it every once in a while with seeds from various sources.

If you've got a good seed, you can send it to me, and I'll add it.

Maybe one day, I'll get a blog for gnomoria seeds. But I think that would be a little early right know, especially since the seed generator will probably be changed at some point, which will probably change the outcome of all these seeds.

Here are some impressions:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:23:10 AM by AdmiralAckbar »

Buccee

• View Profile
Re: AdmiralAckbar's Seed Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:22 AM »
Here a good seed for beginners:

Kingdomcenter:     X:0 Y:0

With copper/stone on depth 4 and many appletrees to survive  :P

http://i46.tinypic.com/25k38kg.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/160tpx3.jpg

AdmiralAckbar

• "IT'S A TRAP!"
    • View Profile
    • IT'S A TRAP!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
Here a good seed for beginners:

Kingdomcenter:     X:0 Y:0

With copper/stone on depth 4 and many appletrees to survive  :P

http://i46.tinypic.com/25k38kg.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/160tpx3.jpg

Thanks. I already have gathered some good, flat seeds for beginners, so that's covered.
If you find any more interesting seeds, please do tell me.

gnomeking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
Size: Small
Seed: 1101100031
X: 9999
Y: 9999

Quite Flat - tad bit of water in the corner.

AdmiralAckbar

• "IT'S A TRAP!"
    • View Profile
    • IT'S A TRAP!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
Hey guys, i just wrote a new article over at the wiki about the 'new game' dialogue, which also describes Seeds in a little more detail. (There were no information on Kingdom Seeds at all on the wiki yet).

It's right here.

If you read the article and you feel like there's anything missing, tell me (or edit it yourself, it's a wiki afterall.)

Lminith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »
Hey guys, i just wrote a new article over at the wiki about the 'new game' dialogue, which also describes Seeds in a little more detail. (There were no information on Kingdom Seeds at all on the wiki yet).

It's right here.

If you read the article and you feel like there's anything missing, tell me (or edit it yourself, it's a wiki afterall.)

You can also put negative number on X and Y to move on the opposite directions.
I did that when I was looking for an ocean world.

sirguylittle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »

It's right here.

Nice work on the New Game page, however I thought I might raise a few points :)

Kingdom Name: It might not be obvious to newbies that you can also type your own name if you prefer.

Kingdom Seed:
"Seeds only modulate geological aspects of the map (e.g. hills, caverns, water). Plants and ore veins are seperately generated, thus not affected by the seed. [1] This means with a given seed, a player can re-generate a world multiple times before he starts playing, until amount and location of apple trees, strawberries, cotton plants and ore veins on the map are to his/her liking."

Not quite correct. If all the parameters are the same, Kingdom Size, Kingdom Seed and Kingdom Center, then you will get the same plant and ore veins each time you generate a world. What RoboBOb was pointing out was that the seed alone was not enough in the case of plants and ore I think.

Kingdom Center: As Lminith mentioned above, it is possible to enter negative numbers into the Kingdom Center fields, however it is not immediately obvious how to as the program tries to validate the field after each character entered, so if you just type a '-' it will reject it. I have found the easiest way is to press 'left arrow' to move the cursor in front of the 0 that is there and then enter the '-' and then the number.
For information the actual range possible is -2147483648 to 2147483647

I thought it might be worth mentioning here that I think people are sometimes confused about the X and Y directions because, if you rotate an already generated map, then Gnomoria will remember this orientation until you exit Gnomoria completely. If you generate a new map without having exited Gnomoria, then the new map will be displayed using the remembered orientation, so X may not always appear to be down and to the right nor Y down and to the left, as they are relative to the map orientation and not the screen. I hope that makes sense, I know what I mean, but it's no so easy to explain!

Where you have said 'range from 0 to 10 digits', it would be more correct to say 'range from 1 to 10 digits'. You can't actually have no digits, but now I'm just being pedantic ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:47:53 AM by sirguylittle »

AdmiralAckbar

• "IT'S A TRAP!"
    • View Profile
    • IT'S A TRAP!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
You can also put negative number on X and Y to move on the opposite directions.
I did that when I was looking for an ocean world.
Nice work on the New Game page, however I thought I might raise a few points :)

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to put all the information into the article and did some testing to verify everything.

Kingdom Name: It might not be obvious to newbies that you can also type your own name if you prefer.
added to the article. it's these little things...
Kingdom Seed:
"Seeds only modulate geological aspects of the map (e.g. hills, caverns, water). Plants and ore veins are seperately generated, thus not affected by the seed. [1] This means with a given seed, a player can re-generate a world multiple times before he starts playing, until amount and location of apple trees, strawberries, cotton plants and ore veins on the map are to his/her liking."

Not quite correct. If all the parameters are the same, Kingdom Size, Kingdom Seed and Kingdom Center, then you will get the same plant and ore veins each time you generate a world. What RoboBOb was pointing out was that the seed alone was not enough in the case of plants and ore I think.
Yes it seems I misinerpreted RoboB0b on this one. This should be fixed in the article now.
Kingdom Center: As Lminith mentioned above, it is possible to enter negative numbers into the Kingdom Center fields, however it is not immediately obvious how to as the program tries to validate the field after each character entered, so if you just type a '-' it will reject it. I have found the easiest way is to press 'left arrow' to move the cursor in front of the 0 that is there and then enter the '-' and then the number.
For information the actual range possible is -2147483648 to 2147483647
added to the article

I thought it might be worth mentioning here that I think people are sometimes confused about the X and Y directions because, if you rotate an already generated map, then Gnomoria will remember this orientation until you exit Gnomoria completely. If you generate a new map without having exited Gnomoria, then the new map will be displayed using the remembered orientation, so X may not always appear to be down and to the right nor Y down and to the left, as they are relative to the map orientation and not the screen. I hope that makes sense, I know what I mean, but it's no so easy to explain!
It does make sense and I believe I understand what you're saying. I did not work this into the article yet. I want to do some testing on this when I get the time. And yes, it's kinda complicated to explain.
Where you have said 'range from 0 to 10 digits', it would be more correct to say 'range from 1 to 10 digits'. You can't actually have no digits, but now I'm just being pedantic ;)
right

Thanks again.

FungusTrooper

• Trooping it up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »
Awesome. Might use one of these when I start doing my Normal mode LP!

seronis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »
Another thing to keep in mind is that the terrain generator gets more pixelated the further from Origin (0x,0y) you go.  So on ANY game seed numbers around 100,000,000 will result in landscapes with plateaus about 8 blocks wide on a side,  numbers around 200,000,000 will result in plateaus 12-14 blocks wide.  The further from origin you go the larger the plateau effect becomes. Far enough away and you'll get perfectly flat landscape.

ParGellen

• Village Idiot's Donkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »
I tried seed 1337 with center 0,0 on a huge map and got a nice starting spot on a big hill in the center of the map that can easily be "moated" around. My own private mountain! :D
Hey how do you guys take screenshots of the entire map?
In single-player PC gaming player satisfaction comes from the journey and the decisions made along the way. Not the cutscene at the end.

Favorite TV Quote: "I think I'll take this opportunity to remove my ears." - Captain Picard

SergeantTeddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 08:04:42 PM »
Using "1234567890" For seed, X, And Y, With Huge setting, You get a land with 1/4 water, 1/4 clay of a few layers, And 1/2 Regular grassland, the clay and 1/2 of the grassland are on mesas that reach up to depth 6(Clay) and depth 9(Grassland) The lower part of the grassland is depth 3. Its a very interesting map and has "Surface Stone" If you count the stone that touches the lower depth 3 layer.

Mythrrinthael

• I saw what you did there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 03:39:11 AM »
Using "1234567890" For seed, X, And Y, With Huge setting, You get a land with 1/4 water, 1/4 clay of a few layers, And 1/2 Regular grassland, the clay and 1/2 of the grassland are on mesas that reach up to depth 6(Clay) and depth 9(Grassland) The lower part of the grassland is depth 3. Its a very interesting map and has "Surface Stone" If you count the stone that touches the lower depth 3 layer.
It's well known among the senior forum-dwellers that WorldGen gets a little quirky when dealing with high Kingdom Center values.

a_hat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »
So I have been playing on the "perfect world" seed you posted, (Seed: 1234567890, Kingdom center 1987654321 | 1987654321) and I think it was worth telling that if you dig deep enough, there is a huge lapis cavern around depth -25.

I did change to a small map instead of normal, and moved the kingdom center by a few blocks, but it is basically the same thing you posted.

This cavern was directly below one corner of the map (the corner that is completely opposite the tall structure that already exists) if you want to find it yourself.  It appears it could probably be much bigger than what I found, it looks like two sides of the cavern continue extending into the nothingness beyond the map's borders.

I'm hoping to build a sick Great Hall here :P I've been searching online to try to see what other people have done with theirs, but sadly, my most recent search of Youtube didn't turn up with anything, and the only thread on here for it has a single Great Hall post...

Baka

• The end is near.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:15 PM »
Many seed don't work in 0.9.8, no version in info of seed.
This is madness.