April 25, 2017, 01:25:22 AM

Author Topic: Downloading/Updating Gnomoria, Troubleshooting Issues, and Keys  (Read 26841 times)

bvierra

• No matter where I am, you can find me there.
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria Wiki
Hello all,
Since I see this question a few times a week it seems like I figured I would make a sticky topic for it.

Downloading / Updating

Demo:
Download from: http://gnomoria.com/?page_id=110 and then just re-install over the current version.

Full Version:
  • BMT Micro: Keep the e-mail sent to you when you first bought the game, this contains the download link. Use this link to download updates and then install the update over the old version.
  • Desura: Updates will happen automatically from the Desura client.
  • Steam: Updates will happen automatically from the Steam client.
  • Humble Store: Access your Humble Library and press the Download button for Gnomoria. Use this new file to update by installing the update over the old version.

Known Issues / Fixes:

BMT Micro
  • Download URL Blocked: This is an issue that is caused from BMT Micro's built in security system. If you have this issue please e-mail robob0b@robotronicgames.com and it will be looked into as soon as possible. Since getting it unblocked is not an automated process please not that it can take up to a day or so to get fixed.
  • I lost / deleted my download e-mail: It happens to the best of us! Just e-mail robob0b@robotronicgames.com and it will be located, given a stern talking to and sent back to you as soon as possible.
Desura
  • Update is not showing as available on Desura: Desura manually approves all updates. Due to this their updates tend to be behind those of BMT Micro and Steam anywhere from a few hours up to a few days. Typically, releases are on Tuesdays to help keep the delay as short as possible.
  • Cannot download / install from Desura: While this has been seen to happen, this is an issue that lies with the Desura client due to the way they do installation. They do not use the Gnomoria installer and instead they use their own internal installer. All issues should be directed to: support@desura.com
Humble Store
  • New version is not showing as available in Humble Library: Updates take a little longer to process in the Humble Library, compared to BMT Micro and Steam. Usually it only takes a few hours to process, but sometimes it can take a day or two to go through.  If you do not see the new update, just give it some time and it will eventually post.

Steam Keys:
  • BMT Micro: If you purchased through BMT Micro and would like a key for your Steam account, contact robob0b@robotronicgames.com
  • Desura: If you purchased through Desura, your purchase should be generating a Steam key.  Sign in at https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys to see your game keys. You should also get a pop-up if you run the game through the Desura client that contains the Steam key.
  • Humble Store: If you purchased through the Humble Store, your purchase should be generating a Steam key. Access your Humble Library, and then select the Gnomoria purchase page. Near the top should be a link that says "Click here for your steam keys."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:17:35 PM by Cat »
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat
Feature Requests | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specifically specified as such

SilverWarior

• View Profile
For all those which are having problems with Desura you can always download default gnomoria instaler through their website using next procedure:
1. Go to Desura web page
2. Login with your desura account
3. Find Gnomoria on their web page
4. Click on play game
5. Click on view standalone downloads
6. Select proper download (both demo and full vrsion can be downloaded this way.

As for those whou bought the game from BMT micro and are geting their codes constantly blocked. Try to avoid downloading Gnomoria with IE if you are not from USA. Why? Every time I have downloaded Gnomoria from BMT micro with IE my code got blocked. From what Rob told me there was always a second download after mine initated and it originated from USA. BMT micro automaticly blocks code whenever it detects downloads from multiple countries. I suspect that the second download is acctually initiated from Microsoft, probably their Windows Defender labs to check if Gnomoria instaler might contain some malicious code.
A few days ago I have downloaded Gnomoria from BMT micro using FireFox portable and my code is still valid.

I tend to do some more research on this mater.

chrizter86

• View Profile
For all those which are having problems with Desura you can always download default gnomoria instaler through their website using next procedure:
1. Go to Desura web page
2. Login with your desura account
3. Find Gnomoria on their web page
4. Click on play game
5. Click on view standalone downloads
6. Select proper download (both demo and full vrsion can be downloaded this way.

As for those whou bought the game from BMT micro and are geting their codes constantly blocked. Try to avoid downloading Gnomoria with IE if you are not from USA. Why? Every time I have downloaded Gnomoria from BMT micro with IE my code got blocked. From what Rob told me there was always a second download after mine initated and it originated from USA. BMT micro automaticly blocks code whenever it detects downloads from multiple countries. I suspect that the second download is acctually initiated from Microsoft, probably their Windows Defender labs to check if Gnomoria instaler might contain some malicious code.
A few days ago I have downloaded Gnomoria from BMT micro using FireFox portable and my code is still valid.

I tend to do some more research on this mater.

if i download the game through the standalone downloads from desura will it still update automatically?

SilverWarior

• View Profile
No if you download the game through the standalone download you will need to download it again when new version is out same as pepole who bought the game through BMT micro need to do.
I mentioned this only as a workaround for those who have trouble downloading game with desura client.
Also having standalone download can be useful if you want to instal game on a computer which doesnt have internet conection or if you want to keep instaler for previous version which alows you to rolback to previous version in case if newer version has too many bugs which makes game unplayable. I usualy tend to keep instalers for past several versions for games which are still in development just becouse of pree-mentioned reason.

chrizter86

• View Profile
No if you download the game through the standalone download you will need to download it again when new version is out same as pepole who bought the game through BMT micro need to do.
I mentioned this only as a workaround for those who have trouble downloading game with desura client.
Also having standalone download can be useful if you want to instal game on a computer which doesnt have internet conection or if you want to keep instaler for previous version which alows you to rolback to previous version in case if newer version has too many bugs which makes game unplayable. I usualy tend to keep instalers for past several versions for games which are still in development just becouse of pree-mentioned reason.

i found a way so it updates itself via desura...

i downloaded and installed the standalone one... and i also installed the game via desura... so now i have 2 copies of the game... but the desura one does not open/launch so i copied the standalone and pasted it ontop of the desura version to replace it... so now i only have 1 copy (desura) that launches and updates by itself... :D

mooklepticon

• View Profile
With Indie Game Stand, log in to your account, go to My Games & re-download it.
I kind of expect robotic apes next patch that can only be harmed by bananas and swords, tear through walls and can only be killed off if they loose their tails...

SergeantTeddy

• View Profile
I honestly didnt keep my email... So would i be able to get one resent to me?

SilverWarior

• View Profile
I honestly didnt keep my email... So would i be able to get one resent to me?

Contact RoboBOB with infromation about E-Mail addresyou used and through which provider did you buy Gnomoria and I'm sure he will help you out.

opl2dv

• View Profile
Re: Downloading / Updating Gnomoria (and troubleshooting issues with either!)
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
After latest patch my game crashes every time when I launch it.
I reinstall Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0, but it still doesn't work.
Crash log:

Code: [Select]
Сигнатура проблемы:
  Имя события проблемы: CLR20r3
  Сигнатура проблемы 01: gnomoria.exe
  Сигнатура проблемы 02: 0.8.18.0
  Сигнатура проблемы 03: 50996f18
  Сигнатура проблемы 04: Microsoft.Xna.Framework
  Сигнатура проблемы 05: 4.0.0.0
  Сигнатура проблемы 06: 4c72cc22
  Сигнатура проблемы 07: 504
  Сигнатура проблемы 08: 51
  Сигнатура проблемы 09: System.InvalidOperationException
  Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Код языка: 1049
  Дополнительные сведения 1: 0a9e
  Дополнительные сведения 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Дополнительные сведения 3: 0a9e
  Дополнительные сведения 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

sorry for my english

Thulen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
^ thats the same error i got when i didnt have windows media player installed > http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=2157.0

Check your C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Gnomoria\Gnomoria.log it should say " Message: Song playback failed. Please verify that the song is not DRM protected. DRM protected songs are not supported for creator games."

Try installing wmp \ control panel \ Programs and Features \ Turn windows features on or off \ Media Features \ Windows Media Player
pc1; i7-4770k@4.2ghz | nvidia 670top2@2560x1440-27" | 16 gig ram | 6tb hd's + 2x240gig ssd
pc2; i7-950@3.0ghz | nvidia 660ti@1920x120-27" | 12 gig ram | 6tb hd's + 2x60 ssd
pc3; i7 2630QM@2ghz/2.9ghz turbo | nvidia 560m 3gb GDDR5@1920x1080-17" | 16 gig ram | 750gig + 60 ssd - hooked up to a 40" 1920x1080 (hmdi)

Isp; 25/5 mbit cable Norway

opl2dv

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »
^ thats the same error i got when i didnt have windows media player installed > http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=2157.0

Check your C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Gnomoria\Gnomoria.log it should say " Message: Song playback failed. Please verify that the song is not DRM protected. DRM protected songs are not supported for creator games."

Try installing wmp \ control panel \ Programs and Features \ Turn windows features on or off \ Media Features \ Windows Media Player

Oh thank you a lot! It works!

Munkiesuthorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »
Hi all,

I downloaded the game last week from BMT Micro and have misplaced the email that I received.  I sent a message to RoboB0b looking to get it resent.  Is this the only recourse at this point?

Thanks

mooklepticon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
From Password has expired?

I looked up your BMT order from your email on the forums and fixed it.  If anyone else runs into this problem, you can always just email me at robob0b at robotronicgames.com and we can get it resolved.

For anyone stumbling across this post in the future, I'll give you a quick rundown of what seems to be happening.  BMT Micro gives you unique download links when you order through them.  Individual links will be blocked under certain conditions, like if downloads from multiple countries are detected.  After every patch, I was getting a handful of emails asking about their download link being blocked.  I looked into it and they all had an extra download anywhere from a few minutes to a day later.  Most of the IP addresses for these downloads were registered to anti virus companies like Kaspersky.

Some AV companies offer what they are calling "cloud protection".  One of the parts seems to be that if an unrecognized file is downloaded, it queues up a download to a remote server for scanning.  If that file is deemed a threat, it can be blocked in the future for others quicker than updating the client.

I contacted BMT previously about a solution and they implemented a whitelist feature for these servers and have been building up their list.

The block can also be triggered if you use an out of country VPN or are traveling, etc.  In those cases, just email me and I can fix it.
I kind of expect robotic apes next patch that can only be harmed by bananas and swords, tear through walls and can only be killed off if they loose their tails...

Draxxalon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »
You can also contact BMT directly if you get the "blocked" issue - I get hit with it regularly (I have a few computers at a few locations).   

They have been very quick to respond and unblock the link (if I email them in the morning, it's usually unblocked that afternoon).

Can't wait until Gnomoria is on Steam though, so I can stop playing the "unblock me please" game.

Cat

• View Profile
Updated original post with information on Steam keys for users who purchased through other means.
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specified as such.