June 23, 2018, 04:05:15 PM

Author Topic: Playing with kobolds! [Graphic change]  (Read 11000 times)

defiler86

• View Profile
Playing with kobolds! [Graphic change]
« on: July 31, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
I talked in a different topic about making it where you have kobolds instead of gnomes, so I decided to play around and came up with a small tweak so far:

Gonna work on it some more later, and wanted to see what they thought of the little guys so far.

[UPDATE]
New default.png attached, replace with the original in the tileset foldet.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:51:59 PM by defiler86 »

Goblin_Fodder

• Chief Gnommisar of Glorious Red Gnome Army
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with kobolds! [Graphic change]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:43:47 PM »
Hmm...Kobold Camp+Gnomoria...Koboria?

Looks interesting, would be a fun mod.  Especially if you add in racial differences, such as no mining and faster reproduction (assuming that gets added in to Gnomoria).

Love the avatar, by the way. That little comic cracked me up the first time I saw it.  :D
Now accepting conscripts for the Red Gnome Army!  Victory to glorious Mother Gnomoria!

Kinasin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »
I talked in a different topic about making it where you have kobolds instead of gnomes, so I decided to play around and came up with a small tweak so far:

Gonna work on it some more later, and wanted to see what they thought of the little guys so far.
So epic.

defiler86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
Hmm...Kobold Camp+Gnomoria...Koboria?

Looks interesting, would be a fun mod.  Especially if you add in racial differences, such as no mining and faster reproduction (assuming that gets added in to Gnomoria).

Love the avatar, by the way. That little comic cracked me up the first time I saw it.  :D
Right now, just working on the graphical portions of the game and making them kobolds. I might look into the code and play with a few things especially disabling facial hair on the characters. (Right now, I removed hair from the file... and I think that's messy.) As for other gameplay things, not sure if I'll touch them but I'll look into it sometime.

IdioticUlt1mara

• Just a Youtube Let's Player
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Let's Plays
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:08:41 AM »
yay more mods ^_^ looking cool dude looking cool :P
Your Friendly Youtuber IdioticUlt1mara

RhoOphuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
Awesome! What about changing the beards in the tilesheet to more kobold-y features? like... i dunno... fangs? horns?

also: need any help?

defiler86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
Awesome! What about changing the beards in the tilesheet to more kobold-y features? like... i dunno... fangs? horns?

also: need any help?
I could, but I enjoy the 'cutebold' kobold appearance. Plus, down the line, the same hair and beards graphics may be applied to other races as well like humans (if they are included). I want to keep the mod fluid to any new changes that are vanilla.

Ultimately, I wouldn't mind seeing kobolds becoming a vanilla race in the game. Maybe not playable by default, but still part of the game.

Thanks for the offer, but this is just a small project for myself at the time being.

RhoOphuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
Well, it's awesome! I hope you'll share your modded tileset when you're done - I'd love to have a kobold civilization sometimes just for fun!

defiler86

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
I'll be sure to post the tileset up once I finished.

defiler86

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »
Updated the original post. Played with the metal helmet graphic and changed the statue.

Hope everyone interested enjoys there kobolds. :3

Andir

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »
They kind of look like elephants with stumpy trunks...

Delraean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
Poking this with a figurative stick to see if it's dead. Those kobolds are kind of adorable.

Gojira

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 03:51:38 AM »
They look a bit like Moomins http://scandikitchen.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5521f4a6888340134853ace45970c-pi.

OMG, Childhood flashback. That would work soooo well  :D
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Kraggoth

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »
I definitely think they need something more to them... My first impression was that they were a race of multicolored puppies. When I think Kobold I think Dungeons & Dragons, somewhere between a dog and small dinosaur, vermin.

If you like what you have, great! But if you want more people to use it consider a balance of ideas from the community. I personally wouldn't use it at this point though.

I would encourage more criticism from the forum users, more like, "Its great! But...blankity blank" a lot of people just say "Its great!" because they want to say something but not deal with any backlash. I see this in my art classes a lot and always try to push for more, to get out of these comfort zones, which actually makes everybody more comfortable in the long run and is more valuable overall.

There is always room for improvement! As nagging or cliche as that may sound.
All of my posts are honest feedback, constructive criticism helps everyone in the long run.